• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How much DLC will you buy?

So, how much?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 269706

Until costumes become usable online, I will stick only to characters.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
I don't plan on buying DLC. In fact, I'm going to push for it to be banned at tournaments, because a player using a DLC fighter has a leg up on a player that only has base characters. By legalizing DLC fighters, it's effectively required to buy them all, if you plan on doing competitive Smash 4. Small amounts like $4 add up very quickly. Depending on whether I can convince the TO to ban DLC fighters, and how many people use them, I may buy them, but I hope I don't have to reward anti-consumer business practices like DLC.

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I will buy the Characters but not the Mii outfits.

I will however buy costumes for characters if that becomes a thing.

Raijinken

Smash Master
It'll take something extremely "meh" for me not to get it.

I even got the monkey suits, and I hate monkeys.

It'd have to be something like more Pikmin or Sonic music, or costumes for characters I don't care about (like Olimar or Sonic) and also not bundled with things I do want.

Characters are 100% happening, and so will most costumes for Miis or characters.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Definatly all dlc characters (plus future ones)

Stages as well if those are dlc as well. (Besides miiverse we get that in a update.)

Mii costumes is a 2 way street (probably the ones im only interested in) (all of pack 1 is interesting thats for sure.)

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
All characters. Period. I don't care if they're just clones. I don't want to have to go online and face someone i can't play myself.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Characters: I'm going to buy everyone as long as they are not Dark Pit level clones and have custom moves. If DLC characters get no custom moves whatsoever then it would really reduce my interest towards them, I don't use custom moves very often but I love to use them from time to time, and without them those characters would feel incomplete.
Still hoping for Mewtwo to get custom moves through an update...

Stages: I think I'll buy every stage that is viable for a serious 1vs1 no item match. Stages like Kalos Pokémon League? Ugh, no thanks. Unless maybe if they have amazing music, so I could still play seriously on them in Omega mode.

Costumes: I don't think I'm going to buy any, with maybe some exceptions if I find them awesome. I wished they would be packaged with new characters and stages, but if they're only sold separately then it doesn't make me want to spend money on something purely aesthetic.

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Only the stuff I'm interested in.
So far, I've only gotten myself the Proto Man Mii costume.

Lucas is a guaranteed day-one buy.

Will I buy more? Let's see what the future holds.

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
I'm only getting character DLC and stage DLC. Mii Fighter costume DLC in my opinion is pretty much what most western game devs [coughEAandUbisoftcough] are doing with DLC which I don't particularly like at all.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
I'm only getting character DLC and stage DLC. Mii Fighter costume DLC in my opinion is pretty much what most western game devs [coughEAandUbisoftcough] are doing with DLC which I don't particularly like at all.
Hey, don't complain. Cosmetics don't affect gameplay at all. It's almost like getting the full game when you plunk down $60 at the register and the only DLC is cosmetic.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'll purchase every character, no exceptions. If we do get any new clones/semi-clones, I hope they are at least up to the standards of Brawl rather than the Melee or Smash 4 ones.

Costumes probably as well as I do use the Mii Fighters from time to time. I do hope we get some more alts for the other characters and stages too at some point. Although I have a feeling they will be bundled with the characters which I'm cool with.

Last edited:

Sodo

Smash Journeyman
I'll buy any character but I don't care about costumes. Stages I'm on the fence about since I usually only play Omega or tournament stages anyway.

Poppy JR.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Poppy JR.
3DS FC
3668-8475-0899
Jeez. Nintendo knows that I'll buy anything even vaguely Smash-related. I'll probably end up buying Mewtwo and the costume packs next time I get my hands on a Nintendo store card.

At any rate, I'm totally for DLC. I hope they end up bringing back the complete roster and some cool new additions.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
I'll likely buy all the characters and I bought the Proto Man costume. I'll buy other Mii costumes if they release more that interest me.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't know... I'm not even certain I'll get all of the characters. Although the completionist in me always does tend to come out in situations like this... $4 is a lot in my mind to pay for characters that I may barely play. I fully plan on buying Roy, but Ryu and Lucas are up in the air.

Costumes, probably not, unless one particularly screams at me that I'd really like to see my Mii or another Mii in it. lol

Stages, I probably would like to have them all.

D

Deleted member

Just purchasing the characters, really have no interest in paying 1$ for Mii outfits. If they made outfits for characters outside of Mii's, that'd be a different story.

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark
I'll buy anything that's character related besides the Mii costumes
I'm still hoping for stage DLC (Yoshi's island, fountain of dreams etc) and more character textures.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anything related to characters (costumes, extra characters, etc.) excluding Miis, not really interested in Miis.

Aurora2698

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aurora2698
3DS FC
1633-5618-1082
Switch FC
SW 2299 3743 5305
I'll be buying any character that's released for the sake of having the entire roster, but I'll only buy stages if they interest me in some way.

Costumes are a joke. I am perfectly content with my Mario Cap / Tracksuit-donning Brawler.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
I'll buy all the DLC. Nintendo has (for the most part) been rockin' the whole DLC thing, and doing it amazingly well in comparison to other companies/games (I can only think of one other example of cheer the DLC feels this fair)
Frankly, I don't see why some people get so sour at DLC.

KingCasual

Smash Cadet
I'll buy all of the characters without thinking. I get a lot of enjoyment out of exploring the entire roster. It wouldn't feel right to me missing out on any characters, even if I only end up playing them when they're randomly selected (after initially playing the heck out of them post purchase, of course). And who knows, maybe I'll connect with the character in a way I never thought I would and they'll become a new main.

I'm also considering buying the monkey suit. I'm probably the only person ever who likes the monkey suit and none of the other costumes. Kind of a so-stupid-it's-awesome kind of thing. I mean those ears... and who battles with a broken-off tree branch?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I am buying everything. If there is one game I am gonna support as a digital content platform, it's Smash.

Besides, the prices have been perfectly affordable for me so far.

If I am willing to buy every Smash Amiibo and am well on my way to doing that (half way there so far, including non-released ones), then getting all Smash DLC is child's play.

D

Deleted member

Everything. All of it. For both consoles. Even the Mii costumes. ESPECIALLY the Mii costumes! I want Stages too, Sakurai. Gimme!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Characters and stages will be my priority, though I may end up buying Mii costumes little by little using spare money.

SirJuicius

Smash Apprentice
I'll take everything and anything that is made available. There needs to be more Mii costumes and stage building material anyway.

Last edited:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Characters only. And Fountain of Dreams if it comes back.

I'll focus on it more after I collect all the amiibo.

Fluorescent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NeoRashi
3DS FC
2122-7596-1415
Getting more characters is a must for me. Stages would probably be something I would buy too.

Costumes is an 'I dunno' situation since I hardly play mii's but the costumes are really nice and would like pretty nifty on my mii.

Last edited:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Dunban costume is the only one so far I'd be willing to pay for.

I'll probably buy all the characters if there aren't too many so that the total isn't something ridiculous. Dark Pit type clones, nah. I'm not paying for that ish. (I'd pay for Dark Pit to be removed from the game, though :denzel:)

Top Bottom