• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How much DLC will you buy?

So, how much?

• Total voters

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
I'll pick and choose what I like. If they put out Krystal, Shantae, and Dixie Kong then hey - two out of three ain't bad. I went and bought all the Mii costumes in the last round but next time I'm only buying what I know I'll use... which, considering how often I use my Miis, probably won't be a lot.

PF9

Smash Lord
I'll try to get everything. In addition to new characters and stages, I'd also like a story mode. It was a mistake not to include one in the initial release, Smash Tour was a real flop to me (I only played it for Pac-Land).

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I'm mostly interested in characters and stages, but Sakurai has also said that he is interested in adding gameplay modes as DLC, so I'm very interested in that as well. I am happy to see that Smash 4 is being treated as a long-term content platform rather than a finished product (although it certainly would have been plenty good without DLC as well, which makes the addition of DLC all the more legitimate).

PF9

Smash Lord
While we're on the subject of new gameplay modes, how about one based on Hunger Games? Since DLC characters from that series are very unlikely since they are not game characters.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
It all honestly depends on what they offer, I have no interest in costumes and besides Snake, I'm not all that into returning veterans as they are all either clones or semi-clones.

KEWB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KEWB99
3DS FC
4511-0666-0442
Not interested in Mii costumes at all. Characters depends. I have Mewtwo from the promo and like him decently well, but don't plan on getting Lucas as I never cared for the Earthbound characters in Smash. It's a very long shot, but if by some miracle Banjo and Kazooie actually make it the duo will probably become my new main. There are other characters I'd happily buy as well.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
No matter what the character is I'll try to get it. As for the other stuff it depends really.

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
Mostly just the important stuff, like characters, stages, and game modes. Extra cosmetic things like costumes and such would mostly be bought if there's any pocket change, really.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
I'm probably part of the majority when I say I'll pretty much buy all of the characters and stages, but not much of the mii stuff.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Just care about characters. Costumes look cool, but don't seem worth it IMO.

Mwauthzyx

Smash Apprentice
I would buy absolutely all of the DLC just in case if someone does a local match with me and wants to use a specific character or something. Or if I want to achieve proficiency with the entire cast.

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
I don't think the thread creator specified that the costumes have to be Mii-related. With that said, I'd buy whatever interests me with a fair price.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Don't really care about mii outfits but I will day one buy all characters

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I'll probably get all character DLC but costume DLC depends I'd defenitely go for the Protoman and X outfits

D

Deleted member

I'll probably only buy characters and stages.
As much as the Mii costumes look cool it's not a huge priority for me.

ElectricBlade

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haruhisuzumia
3DS FC
1203-9228-7596
I'll buy pretty much everything honestly, to support Smash bros and the dev team that worked on it

I'll be pretty selective on the Mii costumes tho, ill probably only buy them if I like the character its meant to be (*is hoping for an Ephraim customs one day, or Eirika)

David Wonn

Smash Ace
None of the existing costumes seem to be worth it to me. I already spent $12 on Kart DLC 1 & 2, which definitely enhanced that game, no doubt, so it set the standard. I then spent $4 for Mewtwo, which remains to be seen whether it will live up to Kart's DLCs. Admittedly it was better to pay $4 than purchasing a handheld system I'd never use, plus a second copy of a game that I can't use with my existing GameCube controllers and TVs just to get a character a couple weeks sooner.

Overall, I want DLCs that add gameplay value, not just cosmetic eye-candy.

Top Bottom