• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many upset gamers do you expect when the game releases

StormC

Smash Hero
Is Toad playable yet? No? What about Captain Toad? Nope? Despite this image from Nintendo during the DLC period of Sm4sh?

View attachment 162910
Then yeah, I'm never going to have what I deem a 'perfect' roster and that is pretty disappointing.
Been waiting near damn twenty years for a playable Toad in Smash. You can rave about how I'm ungrateful if you want, but it's one of the few notable omissions I've wanted from the roster since Melee.

I'm glad ya'll got your Ridleys and K. Rools and Simons that you wanted and now deem the roster perfection but I'm still waiting for my equivalent which is seemingly impossible to get, and I know I'm not alone in that.

Anyone who's had their Smash dreams dashed with their biggest desires deconfirmed is going to be feeling slightly underwhelmed upon the game's release. Ashley fans, Waluigi fans, fellow Toad fans, Midna fans, Bomberman fans, Krystal fans and I'm betting at least one of the 'shoo-in' characters everyone is rallying behind aren't going to make it.

The game will be fine without them of course, but still it's going to be underwhelming to their fans. I think it's okay to still be slightly disappointed with a product that's nearly perfect for you but missed the mark, especially if it keeps happening release after release.
Not a Toad supporter but it is hard to not feel like you guys have gotten a raw deal. Captain Toad seemed like the perfect foot in the door for the character in Smash (as someone who finds vanilla Toad, well, a bit too generic, I'd be totally fine with the Captain)... I wish I had encouraging words in that regard.

I got the two characters I've wanted for the last decade, one being my most wanted Smash character ever (:ultkrool::ultridley:), two of my all-time favorite veterans back (:ultsnake::ultwolf:), and the potential of even more crazy reveals being left... I dunno what to say really. After Smash 4 cut and rejected these four, I felt like there was a shadow cast over Smash 4 and my ability to enjoy it, despite getting two newcomers I wanted in the base game (:ultmegaman::ultpalutena:), and a "holy crap I didn't know badly I wanted this until it happened" character for DLC (:ultcloud:). Now I feel practically spoiled by this game.

I think though this game is hitting the mark with the fanbase much better than Smash 4 and is more comparable to Brawl in this regard, so even if some disappointment is natural, the net of fanservice is much wider than the last game and should be able to make as many folks happy as possible.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
People will be disappointed that Mario still uses FLUDD
That Bayo and Cloud are still OP
That they're just reusing audio files....again
That FE still has more reps than most franchises
I bet someone is disappointed about the balloon physics
And how everyone is hear also means clones and jokes

Top Bottom