• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many people still play Metaknight?

themrskills

Smash Apprentice
I've done some serious thinking on this whole metaknight issue, and whether you are pro-ban or anti-ban almost doesn't matter at this point. Metaknight has been so publicly defaced that no one can honestly say that they think metaknight is an honorable character. As such, wouldn't any metaknight player be ashamed to show up at a tournament under the metaknight name? Such a player suffers the likelihood of being labeled cheap and without smash skill. Winning a tournament as metaknight doesn't really prove anything. I myself main lucas, and am pro-ban. To all metaknight players out there, could you provide your input as to what it's like being a metaknight player in the current environment?

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I still do. I don't care if people hate MK mains. I also main all three space animals. If they give me heat about MK, I'll beat them with Wolf, Fox, or Falco.

Don't let people get to you.

I mean, of course if there is a ban, MK won't be tournament viable. But I'll still play him in friendlies.

themrskills

Smash Apprentice
No, they don't get to me. The fact that brawl is metaknight-centric gets to me. Look, even I've made a thread about metaknight, and I hate threads just about metaknight. I can't complain about metaknight dominating the threads without making more threads about him. Curse this infinite Shuttle loop. I mean logic loop. Sorry.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Since I'm a Kirby fan, I pick up Meta Knight for fun sometimes, I don't main him but I play him just for kicks, not competively. But I do find it hard to even get pass a good Meta Knight with out it being a close match, but what can I do but to make Pink Kirby better. :D

Keta

Smash Journeyman
You have no knowledge of my physical appearance.

Although, I do have knowledge of Brawl sucking.

FACT.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
You have no knowledge of my physical appearance.

Although, I do have knowledge of Brawl sucking.

FACT.
Sorry to feed this but...

Your not doing anything but annoying everyone

FACT.

On topic, I think Meta Knight players should be accepted into the smash community as much as a Mario, Ness, Zelda, what have you; if there playing, by proper rules, if there not spamming or being cheap, then I don't see why they shouldn't be accepted.

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
I really feel like I (along with some other people) have drawn the short end through all of this.

From when he was announced, I was thinking of maining Meta Knight. I mean, when there were still dojo updates, it looked like every single noob on the planet was going to pick Meta Knight, but that didn't change my opinion. So now, I still like playing Meta Knight, regardless of the fact that he's ridiculously broken.

Basically, my main gets banned, or people think I'm cheap, because I'm playing a character that I like. I don't play Meta Knight to be ridiculously cheap...

See, this would never happen to my Peach in melee. She's very safe from any possible ban.

BAN MELEE'S CAMPY FOXES. They really annoy me.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
It's been like this in many other games as well. It's all been the same thing. Just keep playing the way you do to enjoy the game. It's YOUR playstyle.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Well, I've noticed a decrease in "10 metaknights being in the top 10 in every single tournament"

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Sorry to say, but that's every character in Brawl. :psycho:

Learn to play a game that takes skill.

Melee forever.

FACT.
I usually wouldn't say this buuuuut
You main Marth in Melee. =)
The easiest charecter to use in Melee.

You shouldn't be one to talk. ^_^;

And shouldn't be on these boards furthermore. =P

M15t3R E

Smash Master

Melee forever.

FACT.
What makes you think we don't play Melee? There's just rarely a Melee event anywhere anymore. Most of us still love to play Melee. So, for the future, if you want to diss Brawl and say Melee is far better, do it in a Melee Forum.

Sorry to feed this but...

Your not doing anything but annoying everyone

FACT.

On topic, I think Meta Knight players should be accepted into the smash community as much as a Mario, Ness, Zelda, what have you; if there playing, by proper rules, if there not spamming or being cheap, then I don't see why they shouldn't be accepted.
But 95% of MK's DO spam and be cheap. And it's too easy to do that and win in so doing with MK. That's precisely the problem.

null55

Smash Master

Melee forever.

FACT.
I would agree with you, but this is general Brawl discussion. If you don't have anything to say that's productive about Brawl then stfu and gtfo.

And from what I can tell, not many people have left MK... I know Dojo has and a few others but I think generally most have stuck with him.

Keta

Smash Journeyman
I usually wouldn't say this buuuuut
You main Marth in Melee. =)
The easiest charecter to use in Melee.

You shouldn't be one to talk. ^_^;

And shouldn't be on these boards furthermore. =P
Hahah x]

Yeah, yeah.. But I can still play everyone else to nearly the same extent. I just have the best control with Marth due to playing him for so long. =p

Still doesn't change the FACT that Brawl sucks compared to Melee. ^^ So, come ooon. Break that CD in two and head out to a Melee tournament! You'll have ten times more fun than you did playing that silly sequel. =D

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Okay, I understand. Brawl is more "casual" than Melee and thus, easier to pick and play. But even so, not every character in the game is as piss easy to play with as MK.

What lead you to think Brawl is the only game I play?

Melee forever.

FACT.
It gets annoying when you put that at the end of every post.

FACT

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
I chuckle everytime I see someone say they "main" Meta-Knight, as if it takes a marginal amount of effort to play him well.
Every character takes skill to use, just because MK is better than other characters it doesn't mean he takes no skill to use. Get over yourself.

And for the actual question at hand;
I still play MK, only in friendlies though. For Tournaments it's DDD, Kirby and Marth all the way. :chuckle:

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I'm confused about the Metaknight issue. I don't like using him, but I don't get why the people who complained there weren't enough characters now want a character banned.
It's a vicious circle for a lot of people- they want more characters, but complain about them.

Staco

Smash Champion
some people said, playing against MK sucks
playing brawl competive isnt about fun, its about winning, lol (sure you can have fun at this, but its more about winning)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'm confused about the Metaknight issue. I don't like using him, but I don't get why the people who complained there weren't enough characters now want a character banned.
It's a vicious circle for a lot of people- they want more characters, but complain about them.
Yes, they wanted a character, not an easy-bake entity of ****. :ohwell:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I still use him like any other character. Heck, I think he's a fun character to use as. And I don't really care about Meta-****. It's Falcon-**** that I should be worried about. 0_o

Chaos Swordsman

Smash Apprentice
I main MK and I don't see the point in all this stupidity about banning him. People insult MK just because they have no skill.

Here's what I have to say to you people.

**** OFF.

g2g4l

Smash Apprentice
I love metaknight not a a character but as one of my favorite opponant. So what we are gonna cry everytime a character comes around and a metagame(ha ha Meta game....Meta knight) is developed that is tough to get around. I am very ANTI-ban We need to leard to step our game up and take this bullet like true gamers. I mean really how would it feel if that found something that made your main seem broken, and you were told you can't play him at tournaments anymore. We can't honestly think that the way to fix this is not practice but to just GET RID of the character all together. COME ON okay next, I want to get Edgehogging banned oh and while we are at it,interceptions,chain grabs,counters, why not taunts while we are here. Guys meta knight is a character just like all the others he was made with strengths and weaknesses,Yes he can make his strengths outshine his weakness, that just means that we all need to do that with our perspective characters. I feel very strongly about this and if you want to convert....i mean argue about your side just PM me

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
As I've said, people call Sakurai for not putting in the characters they wanted, but they are willing to ban characters he has included???

M@v

Subarashii!
People insult MK just because they have no skill.
Is this really the best the anti-ban MK side has? Get better? At that rate, MK's going to be gone real soon.

Yeah, I seconded Mk for the longest time, since when we thought snake was top dog. I picked him up because he reminded me of melee sheik. As I played him more, I realized....how strong he was. Too freaking strong. I dont play him in tourneys anymore, unless survival is on the line against....you guessed it, another MK.

Top Bottom