• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many of you have bought the Fighters Pass already?

Have you bought the Fighters Pass yet?

• Yes, I'm happy for whoever, and just want more content!

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • No, I want to know who the characters are first and buy them individually.

Votes: 43 43.0%

• Total voters

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I have no idea who The Joker is, so I hope he has a fun moveset. I'm sorry but the standards have been raised a lot after King K Rool, possibly the most original and interesting and fun character to ever grace Smash Bros. Another anime sword person won't cut it. Thankfully The Joker doesn't have a sword so I'm hoping they lean into more weird stuff for his moveset.

Also, I feel like it's extremely obvious that we're getting all third party characters for the DLC, but no one seems to agree with me? Like is that not what Reggie implied at the Game Awards when he said "characters you wouldn't expect to see in Smash"?

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm 100% down for Joker, so as soon as we get a release date on him, I'll buy the pass. Maybe sooner depending on when I've got the cash.

The more I play Ultimate, the more I realize Sakurai has just handled every fighter extremely well in this game and I don't dislike anyone on the roster play-style wise right now. Even characters I don't usually play as much I've been more willing to give a shot this time around. Plus the quality of the unique newcomers for the base game have just inspired more faith in me that Sakurai will do justice to who we get.

It's just a matter of time for me, though I'm more confident in it than ever.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Well, whoever the other four characters are, I can't wait to find out. I hope one of them could be Goku just so that we can put a stop to the whole "video game character" argument.
We already put a stop to it.

From the man himself last month.

“It is impossible for manga characters to join (Super Smash Bros.).

While we can accept characters from other companies, we cannot, under any circumstances, take in anything and everything under the sky. That’s because (Super Smash Bros.) is a game that requires everyone’s cooperation.”

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I’m all good to go right here. I was already plan on getting it before Joker was announced.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Not yet. I have a feeling the next Direct will make or break this deal for me. Since I expect to see Piranha Plant released that day, Joker footage, and another teaser trailer for the next newcomer at that one.

Last edited:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
I am too much of a completionist. I want to have every character AND stage. I skipped on the Mii suits last time (if you wanted to buy that, they were expensive and I am not really a Mii Fighter player), but got every character and stage. Planning on doing that again. Don't know Joker, but didn't really know Simon and Richter either but I'm loving them! It doesn't mean if you don't know a series, that you can't click with a character.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Well, now that Joker was confirmed, I'm all in on this fighter's pass. Come what may, I've already got my new main, so nothing else will bother me.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I cannot fine the pass anywhere in the eshop as of two days ago, is it there and Im not finding it?

Top Bottom