• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many of you have bought the Fighters Pass already?

Have you bought the Fighters Pass yet?

• Yes, I'm happy for whoever, and just want more content!

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • No, I want to know who the characters are first and buy them individually.

Votes: 43 43.0%

• Total voters

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
The thread is simple I want to know how many of us on Smashboards have already bought the pass. If you have, explain why. If you haven't, explain why you haven't.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I normally buy fighter passes right off, but I'm hesitating here. I guess I just want to know who's coming - I'm usually not a huge fan of guests in fighting games and get disappointed by them, but my top two for Smash are both third party...I guess Smash is breaking all of my rules. I acutally never got Sm4sh DLC after Cloud since I was unimpressed by Corrin and Bayo - and Sm4sh in general - so I'd stopped playing before they released.

I will say, though - if Dovahkiin gets announced as one of them, that'd make me so hype that I'm going to be buying the rest sight unseen. Most likely the same with Tails as well.

Otherwise, I'll probably wait to see if I like (or even recognize) the character/stage before I buy it.

Khao

Smash Lord
I would've, but they only sell the damn thing in a bundle with the digital version of the game. I'm going physical.

Aaaaaanyway, I know for sure that it'll be worth it. Sometimes I think people worry too much about who is getting in, but that does't actually affect the quality of the content. I trust Sakurai and his team completely when it comes to creating valuable and unique characters who are fun to play and creative. Even if they're all characters I don't want, they'll be well crafted and highly polished.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I haven't bought the Fighter's Pass because I'm waiting to get the physical version of the game on Christmas.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
I’m waiting for pay day to come around so I don’t have to feel bad about actually buying it. :/

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I haven't purchased it yet, but that's mostly out of laziness. I'll likely purchase it once we know a little more about it. I have confidence that Sakurai and his team will do whatever characters they give us justice, and new music is always really hype!

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
Main reason I didn't yet is because I don't have the money, (Being a high schooler with no job makes things like this a bit harder) so it's easier for me to just buy the packs when they come out.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I must have missed that part. I didn't know it could be purchased, but if you can only receive it now through a digital copy, then no thanks. Like a physical copy of a book, I want to hold the game in my hands.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm holding on until I see who are all the fighters are before I buy the fighters pass. if there's someone I don't want/like, I can always skip

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I would have but i pre-ordered the physical version so i am going to have to wait till I get that but I will probably immediately go and buy it quick before i start playing.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I think I'm inevitably going to buy the Fighter Pass. I don't exactly have the highest confidence that it's going to contain characters I like, but I want the biggest roster possible.

The only reason I'm not buying it immediately is that it's the Holidays and I've presents to buy and after that, I've got a lot of broken stuff to replace... my Wii U is among those items as of yesterday. :(

Trambo

Smash Cadet
I usually wait for season passes but smash is a game I want the season pass asap. So next paycheck I'll be upgrading my preorder!

Parallelo

Golden Boy
Switch FC
SW-1049 6345 7512
Yeah, I was getting the digital version anyway so could play at midnight and I know in my heart of hearts that I wouldn't be able to resist buying the fighters regardless of who they are. I just want all the smash that's available.

Xphooni

Smash Apprentice
Not yet. I'm going to wait for the first dlc character to roll out before I throwdown the money.

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
If the first 3 are good then I'll go ahead and buy the whole pack. If the first 3 are Corrin/Bayo level then I may ignore the dlc altogether

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
I am shocked I am in the minority XD I am relatively easy to please though, and will enjoy just about whatever they throw at me (outside of minecraft characters...) so...I got it the moment Sakurai was on the direct like "You can buy this right now!" =D

McCree

Smash Cadet
I actually didn't buy the pass yet, for two reasons:
First, I don't have that much money right now, as I preordered the Version with GC controller, and I still have to subscribe to nintendo online. As a student paying 150€ is just a lot of money.

The second reason is that I don't like it if there is something that doesn't fit into the game "lookswise". For example Banjo Kazooie has a different Art style and I don't think it would fit the rest, not that I am against that character overall but whatever. I hope you got what I meant.

Im still gonna purchase it most likely

Christian_CAO

Smash Apprentice
I did. You guys are crazy if you didn't notice already but... Sakurai could sell Water to a drowning man.
He made a Piranha plant look "awesome" as a character.
I'm sold for whatever character he puts into the game at this point. Plus, I'd be stupid not to spend my own money on something like more characters to experience in smash that I've never seen before....like really? How silly a concept someone would have to not buy any dlc character that they didn't have a liking for... I mean sure, buy what you want but you folks must have friends or something, someone is bound to want to play as one of them.

off my high horse for a second, you guys, do what you want. Don't like it don't buy it, I myself will buy it to save five bucks since no matter who they add I'll buy it because I want dlc in smash to really stick. Chances of this being the last smash game for at least a decade is pretty high up there. The more money they rake in the more likely it will be that Nintendo will force the production of more dlc expansions for smash in the future.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
I stupidly purchased it as soon as it was announced solely because of the hype overtaking me. I wanted the Rex costume too. But now I regret it because there's no way all 5 characters will be ones I actually want. At least their stages will be nice?

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
I bought it with the digital version of the game (I always want Smash on my system so I can play no matter what). I’m too much of a completionist with stuff I care about to not get it. I like having as many characters as possible. It was a decent amount of money, but if I’m going to spent 25 bucks extra on any game, it’s this one.

KafkaKomedy

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 8371 3981 5803
Waiting for the first character to be announced. If they're cool, I'll get the pass. If not, I'll see if I can't wait for some kind of sale or for somebody I do want to get released to get the pass.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I will certainly buy the pass. But until it’s time for the first character to actually release, there’s no reason to rush on buying the Fighter Pass. I’ll have plenty of Smash Ultimate to play in the mean time, and I’ll be getting Piranha Plant for free anyway like most people here.

I’ll likely buy it come April-ish when I suspect we’ll get our first new character.

McCree

Smash Cadet
I will certainly buy the pass. But until it’s time for the first character to actually release, there’s no reason to rush on buying the Fighter Pass. I’ll have plenty of Smash Ultimate to play in the mean time, and I’ll be getting Piranha Plant for free anyway like most people here.

I’ll likely buy it come April-ish when I suspect we’ll get our first new character.
Exactly, and to be honest, Piranha Plant is awesome as **** in my opinion. Definitely looking forward to it!

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I would if i could but there is no option to buy it without the bundle

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
I actually didn't buy the pass yet, for two reasons:
First, I don't have that much money right now, as I preordered the Version with GC controller, and I still have to subscribe to nintendo online. As a student paying 150€ is just a lot of money.

The second reason is that I don't like it if there is something that doesn't fit into the game "lookswise". For example Banjo Kazooie has a different Art style and I don't think it would fit the rest, not that I am against that character overall but whatever. I hope you got what I meant.

Im still gonna purchase it most likely
College folk have it rough; especially us Americans .....

Last edited:

McCree

Smash Cadet
College folk have it rough; especially us Americans .....
Still going to school, but yeah college in america really is rough, especially with the student loans you have to pay off 0.o

I personally work in a supermarket on saturdays, so I can earn some extra bucks, otherwise I couldn't even afford Smash alone lol

Arthur97

Smash Master
No, I probably won't want them all. Maybe I will, but even if I do end up getting them, it isn't a big saving.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
how can anyone stand playing the game and knowing it's not complete

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Nintendo choosing the DLC instead of Sakurai is a dealbreaker for me.

I'll probably just buy the inevitable Fire Emblem character.

Zenithvox

Smash Rookie
I actually forgot to buy the bundle when I pre ordered the game, and now I'm forced to wait until December 7th to buy it. It kinda sucks, but it's either that, or spend an extra $100 on a second copy which ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My personal view on the characters is that I'm happy for whoever comes now. I've already gotten the characters (Lucina, Pichu) and the stages (fountain of dreams) that I've wanted back. So I'm just happy there's more content to come.
All I hope is that it isn't broken as ****

Last edited:

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
To add to what I said earlier, I also think this game is going to have an enormous shelf life so I want to have as many characters available to fight as and with as possible to keep it from getting boring down the line. I figure there will probably be one character I'm annoyed with (inevitable FE rep) but then if I bought the rest separately it would be the same price as the fighter pass, so might as well get it all.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I fully intend on buying the Fighters Pass day one because I like new toys. However, I have the game digitally and from what I could tell the pass is not yet available to download separately. I also need to save up some money. Christmas is going to take a chunk of my savings.

Top Bottom