• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How many all-nighters have you pulled, and why? (aside from new year's)

mzink*

Smash Ace
Most of my all nighters WERE playing smash lol. Had alot of smash buddies in college and we'd order buttloads of pizza and pull all nighters all the time. We didn't usually play strait through, we'd take breaks and go out and catch a late movie or play a different game but smash was the main theme lol.

BlackFoxPariah

Smash Apprentice
I don't remember how many. When I'm with my friends it's quite frequently. Usually playing smash or some game.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Several, onece playing SSBB. It was on Monday with my cousin. :p

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
I pulled one during the soccer world cup at a friend's party. I closed me eyes for about an hour but never actually slept and the next day it was like I had had a full 8 hours of sleep. Until about 1am while watching Sweden play some other team I can't remember when it hit me like a ton of bricks and I basically collapsed into my bed from tiredness.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I don't have to get up at any time 4 days of the week so... yeah I pull quite a few.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I've done them a couple of times with friends, tried to do one nce, fell sleep at 4 A.M., woke up at 4 P.M. Of course, this is before I got employed, so I actually had a life. When I used to pull them with friends, I'd tell them to pour water on me if I feel asleep, even thogh it wouldn't be an all-nighter, I just wanted to be awake. Except when my cousin poured a full glass on my face and I woke up sputtering, mildly ticked.

They're really fun to have though.

EDIT: Or do you just mean staying up after 12 A.M.? Becase I do that a LOT, then.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
STD = Sexually Transmitted Disease in the real world.

I have insomnia. When I have a project = all nighter.

My best, or worst, record is 13 hours in 5 days.

Dedu

Smash Lord
That's a good record!
Lead a double life :)

I pulled a couple alnighters here and there mostly to go out to clubs n bars much to the disagreement of my folks. They don't know it to this day because they're just gay and would kick me out of the house if they found out.

One Smash Till Dawn too.

~rh

Smash Lord
^ Yikes...

I only pulled two all nighters in my life. One was after Final Fantasy X-2 came out and I played that all night, and another was recently because of a girl. xD

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
For the record I don't count it as an all-nighter if pretty much immiediatly afterwards I get a reasonable amount of sleep even if it's day when I actually go to sleep (which happens pretty often, generally when I party).

Done it more times then I care to remember, generally when studying or doing a massive project, when doing stuff with friends I usually get some sleep afterwards at like 6 am.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Eh I just remembered, military made me pull quite a few all nighters

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
even when i try to pull all-nighters when playing halo/smash/guitar hero at friends' houses, i still end up falling asleep.

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
I can only recall two. Once, when I stayed up with my brother, to wait for my uncle and grandma who were coming to visit for his graduation. We got bored of Melee so we called my friend and listened to her and her drunk party going on that I was contemplating trying to go to. The other was Prom day. Cause I woke up early, but then stayed up for Prom and Post Prom that went into early morning.

Nicolette

Smash Apprentice
I stay up all night all the time

Texting, on the phone or when I'm with my other half. I also stay up playing computer games, obv :)

However, I never seem to be able to stay up all night for sleepover's. Odd :laugh:

RedKnight

Smash Ace
one.... every time I sleep over with my cousins they say we should do an all nighter.... so every time I get all ready for it.... usually Im the last one awake by 1:00.... once one of them fell asleep at 8:00....PM... so on one of these many occasions I stayed up ALL night playing pokemon and tekken

~rh

Smash Lord
one.... every time I sleep over with my cousins they say we should do an all nighter.... so every time I get all ready for it.... usually Im the last one awake by 1:00.... once one of them fell asleep at 8:00....PM
:laugh:

That reminds me of the time when my cousin said he wants to kill 20 opponents in cruel melee years ago. He said "[he] wasn't sleeping until [he] got to the 20 kill mark."

Kid was gone at 9:30 :laugh::laugh:

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
I pull all nighters on average of probably one a week.

Pulled one last night cause I was at a club.

I am in the process of pulling one right now cause I can't fall asleep.

~rh

Smash Lord
I almost pulled one last night. I went to sleep at 5:30 though. Was a little tired, plus I need to study for finals this week. -yawn-

D

Deleted member

Twice when I slept over at my friends house cause he has 12 cats and these fleas were like all over me and it was disgusting

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I was at a sleep over at my cousins last saturday and my brother was asleep by 10:00 yet he told us how he wouldnt let us play video games because we never "include" him. When he fell asleep we didnt stop playing video games till morning. The down side was he was trying to wake us up while we were asleep all of sunday.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Too many.Ive done 72 hours straight(drinking the whole way through)I was actually hallucinating for the last 5 hours of it.Hell I pulled an all nighter last night(had to be up for work at 5am and there is no way if I slept that I would wake up.)

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I've probably pulled at least 10 all nighters; all from having a huge test the night before and wanting to be as prepared as possible.

Never fun...those wee hours of the morning are horrible...

danielrofl

Smash Cadet
Definitely too many.
A couple for schoolwork. Darn coursework :/
Then there was the time I played World of Warcraft. Man that did not end well. I did not get a lot of sleep at all. Luckily thats over with, good game but not worth the time.
Then there is the pleasant all nighters in which me and some friends eat pizza, play brawl and halo all night long :)

Darkurai

Smash Master
Aside from New Years and nights where I just couldn't sleep, I believe there was only one. My school recently had a Relay for Life, and I stayed up all night for that. Most of the time I was playing Rock Band.

Top Bottom