• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How I would improve Jigglypuff. #BUFFTHEPUFF

RDR7

Smash Cadet
BUT ARE DEE ARE SEVEN WHY DOES :4zss: GET A LONG, SUPER POWERFUL, NEAR INSTANTANEOUS B-AIR? I DEMAND DISJOINT!
Well I think about giving her a disjoint on her back air. Then I remember how silly this is. :v

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
Well I think about giving her a disjoint on her back air. Then I remember how silly this is. :v
Well It's only active for a few frames so it's not that bad. Cut that extra range in half or so then you would have a very good move rather than just a solid move.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
What I'd really like to see is some kind of combo into Sing. Mewtwo's seen a revival due to the optimization of Disable, but we have nothing like that going for us. If there's was some type of move that could reliably combo into Sing at high percents, or near the ledge, it could be an amazing kill confirm that doesn't necessarily have to rely on Rest for once.

Maybe nerfing Dair's knockback on the final hit (but still have some), increasing Dair's damage output, and reducing the FAF by a few frames could make it a solid set-up move to Sing on a grounded opponent. An increase in Sing's range may also be necessary to get it to work. Obviously this would be situational, but this could make catching someone with dair near a ledge a death sentence. I think these tweaks may also make the Dair to Rest combo more reliable. Either way, I just really want to see Sing be useful for once.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
What I'd really like to see is some kind of combo into Sing. Mewtwo's seen a revival due to the optimization of Disable, but we have nothing like that going for us. If there's was some type of move that could reliably combo into Sing at high percents, or near the ledge, it could be an amazing kill confirm that doesn't necessarily have to rely on Rest for once.

Maybe nerfing Dair's knockback on the final hit (but still have some), increasing Dair's damage output, and reducing the FAF by a few frames could make it a solid set-up move to Sing on a grounded opponent. An increase in Sing's range may also be necessary to get it to work. Obviously this would be situational, but this could make catching someone with dair near a ledge a death sentence. I think these tweaks may also make the Dair to Rest combo more reliable. Either way, I just really want to see Sing be useful for once.
I have been doing a lot of dair to sing testing, as well as jab jab sh sing. I like to do jab jab fair, and conditioning to that can get people to airdodge, so I use sing so I can catch their landing. Dair to sing only works at lower percent so if your opponent knows how to mash, it wont work. Jab jab sh sing is decent, you guys should test it out a bit.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I have been doing a lot of dair to sing testing, as well as jab jab sh sing. I like to do jab jab fair, and conditioning to that can get people to airdodge, so I use sing so I can catch their landing. Dair to sing only works at lower percent so if your opponent knows how to mash, it wont work. Jab jab sh sing is decent, you guys should test it out a bit.
I was messing with dair to sing last night and couldn't find anything worth it. I tried to hit all but the last hit, drag the opponent towards the edge, and ledge cancel sing, but unless you hit the last hit of dair the opponent doesn't stay in hitstun long enough for it to work.
Obviously dair to footstool to sourspot fair to sing would work, but really it's pointless as you can already hit rest.
During some matches I like to rushdown with some fairs at mid percentages and if the opponent misses a tech I'll get them with Sing, but just with anything else it's risky because it doesn't work at high enough percents for them to not be able to mash out of it before Sing ends.
I've pp'd a first hit jab near the ledge and and sh sing, but that's another one that I just don't think the hitstun lasts long enough to actually combo. There just doesn't seem to be any solid combo into sing let alone a ledge cancelled sing, which sucks because I think it could be huge for us.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I was messing with dair to sing last night and couldn't find anything worth it. I tried to hit all but the last hit, drag the opponent towards the edge, and ledge cancel sing, but unless you hit the last hit of dair the opponent doesn't stay in hitstun long enough for it to work.
Obviously dair to footstool to sourspot fair to sing would work, but really it's pointless as you can already hit rest.
During some matches I like to rushdown with some fairs at mid percentages and if the opponent misses a tech I'll get them with Sing, but just with anything else it's risky because it doesn't work at high enough percents for them to not be able to mash out of it before Sing ends.
I've pp'd a first hit jab near the ledge and and sh sing, but that's another one that I just don't think the hitstun lasts long enough to actually combo. There just doesn't seem to be any solid combo into sing let alone a ledge cancelled sing, which sucks because I think it could be huge for us.
It's a frame 29 move that relies on the opponent to be grounded and not shielding/dodging. It would be crazy if we could effectively combo into it.

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
You have no idea how many times I've wished jab would jab reset... LOL
Anyway, good work, keep it up! :)

RDR7

Smash Cadet
You have no idea how many times I've wished jab would jab reset... LOL
Anyway, good work, keep it up! :)
It jab reset in melee and brawl. :v It confuses me why they make it different this time around.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Hey, huge thanks for this breakdown, RDR7 RDR7 . I'm actually working on a balance patch and trying to source as much information as I can from different character communities, and this did a lot of the work for me.

These changes are live in my test build, and for what it's worth, they make the character feel a lot more interesting and viable.

What's missing is basically just what I haven't figure out yet.

Top Bottom