• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How happy are you with the new Samus?

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
I do find her to somehow be some sort of super counter to big characters if this is what you are talking about Rohins. Although, most characters in this game are smaller than Samus, making most characters seem better than her in this case...

Yorenec

Smash Cadet
There's a lot more to do with Samus. I just had a tournament and used her for counter picks. I have some new ideas I want to test. She's definitely not easy to win with due to killing limitations but I see other major advantages.
Nice, let us know when you get em going. My overall record with her is a losing one yes, but it's somewhat starting to catch up.

Lighter characters are still definitely a super pain. All of them. I'll put out ZSS or Luigi for lightweights sometimes just to beat them.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Yeah she's definitely good vs big characters since they have a hard time not getting caught up in projectiles / grapple. Dedede has been my favorite matchup for Samus. I also find she has been complimentary to my Snake since people will assume I'm going to use snake when I counter pick Battle Field.

So far I've found her pretty solid vs big characters and easy to gimp characters. Her edge hug is fast and easy so it's important to abuse that considering how long people live. Do it at the latest moment possible. Also definitely abuse grapple off level to steal midair jumps.

Yorenec

Smash Cadet
I can't believe I actually managed to pull this off on somebody, but it worked and it was funny as hell when I did it.

Ledgehog fair--> dash through --> turn around sh zair --> chargeshot.

One of my best KO's to date.

I'm working on something else like that on the stage involving rar but I doubt it will be very practical.

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
i love the new samus and her melee form too.
i just wish she looked like in Prime 2

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
You know how other characters with chargable projectiles tend to use them more midmatch? Lucario, Sheik, among others... I find Samus to be the character who uses her charge shot the least out of all. The main reason being.... she can't charge her beam in midair. If Samus could have this... I would be OK with all the nerfs she received.

Jing)

Smash Apprentice
For me 7/10, shes good, looks badass.. just kill moves got nerf, although zair buff and other stuffs is cool.. IMO better/more fun style then melee too. In melee all i did really was dash attack then an arial or spam projectiles since zair sucked.. and her spike i didnt even know about so :p

Da N

Smash Journeyman
The vacinity of the planet Earth. (California)
Yes she is lacking in the kill move area, but she can rack up a lot of damage quick and i really have no trouble getting off a quick d-tilt or charge beam for a kill.

Her shorthopped z-air is a little hard to hit the little tiny characters like kirby or meta knight, but has no trouble hitting taller characters.

F-smash tilting has gotten a lot easier in this game if you ask me. Start to do a regular f-smash and while shes in the process of pulling back her arm, immediately tilt the control stick up or down at an angle to. You still get an f-smash but tilted at an angle, very useful for edgeguarding.

Jing)

Smash Apprentice
Though her killing didnt get that gimped because melee to brawl everyone did a bit on kill power, you never see non gimped kills under 100 anymore really.. unless from Ike :p

Pi

Smash Hero
Though her killing didnt get that gimped because melee to brawl everyone did a bit on kill power, you never see non gimped kills under 100 anymore really.. unless from Ike :p
Ya, we've already realized that, but Samus' kill power not only got nerfed, but the moves that actually do the kills are harder to land.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I think the use for that Nair of hers is to hit the lightweights she has so many other problems with.

The Nair has enough knockback against these guys to make it useful. It sets them up for zairs if you're high up, or for... well, any number of things if you land right after. Since her leg is so large (. . .) and her fall speed so low, it's really good for stopping characters from just coming at her no quarter, from Jiggs to MK to Diddy. Olimar = exception, AFAIK.

Now, lightweights with projectiles..... :urg: Search me.

Pi

Smash Hero
The Nair can still be used to gimp recoveries, but I rarely find myself using it. For approaches I like to Fair then FF the fair, covering a big distance with the flames. Then once I land I try for a jab combo, or a dtilt.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I'm VERY unhappy with how Foward-B Super Missiles turned out. It seems insane to have Super Missiles - THE killer move in Super Metroid - do 5% damage and almost no knockback more than regular Missiles.

Woo hoo, they home! See me waving my little flag? Yipee.

It seems a bit unfair to cripple all of her KO moves. Sure, she can smack you around nine times sideways with her high air manuverability, but Super Missiles should be slower, but harder hitting. Not just more damage. Kind of eradicates the point.

She's not awful but I'm disappointed with her KO power.

EDIT: It seems to me that Sakurai intended on making her less about KO power and more about getting them to Spike range, but then promptly forgot that when he designed the entire rest of the casts' UAir and UpB. Meh, I dunno, she's strange.

M@v

Subarashii!
Shes OK in this one. Shes still one of my mains because I played her for so long in melee. THe fusion suit color looks amazing. My major grievance is her charge shot. Its crapiness and lack of kill power makes me want to cry.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
It just seems strange to rob KO power from all attacks for a character who's pretty much 60% about her projectiles.

See also: Link.

orintemple

Smash Lord
I have been playing Samus a lot lately and I don't know why. I like this new Samus though. I HATED her in Melee but now I seem to have taken a liking to her, even if she is nerfed. I still suck complete *** with her though. I can barely beat anything XD

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I still suck complete *** with her though.
Lol! I can imagine sucking ***, but sucking complete ***? ::imagines that::

I still prefer Samus/Zamus over all other characters. I was a loyal Samus user in Melee (followed by Sheik, then Kirby, then Ice Climbers), and since the rest of the crew made it to Brawl, with Samus being my favorite Nintendo Character, I just could NOT say no to her not being my fave in Brawl... Especially with her over-exaggerated FS (I LOVE IT!). Sure, she might be worse than Brawl for the moment, but give her some time and she will shine like Mewtwo did... Bottom tier, yet he won the respect of the majority of players everywhere!

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I still suck complete *** with her though.
LOL! I can imagine sucking ***, but sucking complete ***? ::tries imagining that::

I still prefer Samus/Zamus over all other characters. I was a loyal Samus user in Melee (followed by Sheik, then Kirby, then Ice Climbers), and since the rest of the crew made it to Brawl, with Samus being my favorite Nintendo Character, I just could NOT say no to her not being my fave in Brawl... Especially with her over-exaggerated FS (I LOVE IT!). Sure, she might be worse than Brawl for the moment, but give her some time and she will shine like Mewtwo did... Bottom tier, yet he won the respect of the majority of players everywhere!

Top Bottom