• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how for make constant waveland and wavedash with ganondorf?

Goku1989

Smash Rookie
hi what is the dot with ganondorf for press L on land for make constant waveland and wavedash? thanks in advance

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
It should be mandatory on all primarily English sites to prohibit all persons who aren't fluent with the English language.

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
good post ruby.
goku if you're asking about the timing for wavelands and wavedashing, the only way to get consistent is practice.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
It should be mandatory on all primarily English sites to prohibit all persons who aren't fluent with the English language.
Because people who don't speak English are stupid and waste your time even though you chose to read the thread and post by your own will, right?

@OP

practice makes perfect
las marcas de la práctica perfeccionan
les marques de pratique perfectionnent
型式が完成させる実行〔練習〕
实践使变得完美
Übungsausführungen perfektionieren

that only took one minute

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
las marcas de la práctica perfeccionan
the marks of the perfect practice

online translators fail.

but yeah... as for your question, OP, the best way to get used to consistently wavedashing and wavelanding with Ganondorf is to practice. Timing changes when you're fast falling or normal falling for wavelanding, but wavedashing timing is always the same.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
i was thinking la practica estar haciendo perfecto, but i figured the online translator would know spanish better than someone who dropped it three years ago >_>

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Ok you can try two things. You can short hop and fast fall into a wave land. Air dodge straight across. The fast fall helps me for some reason so maybe it's something that everyone can apply. Second is double jump so Ganon gets into his tumbling animation. When he balls up it is a lot easier to land dash/ledge dash/platform dash with him cause he can get close to the ground without touching it and when he air dodges his body stretches out and puts him in the WD animation easier. You can double jump real quick if you want to get a short hop effect and still land dash but I would suggest just learning the regular way cause if you get caught in your double jump you can get gimped.

-A.. A.. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Practice wave dashes first, Ganon's is a bit slow, try with a faster character first, like Falcon's, then go back to Ganon and see that you just need to slow down some.

Wavelanding is similar. Go to Battlefield or DreamLand 64, get on a platform and wave dash backwards off of it, double jump back on the platform and time your airdodge to waveland back off of it--repeat.
That's how I practiced.

Renth

Smash Hero
Pro tip! Ganon wavelanding is cake!

Here's how I started getting into my wavelanding habits/learning the basics. Go to Dreamland, the platform on the left and right go perfectly with ganons regular jump. At the very height of his first jump hold straight left/right and hit R/L and it works 100% of the time. The platform in the middle goes perfectly with ganons second jump. So Stand under the middle one jump twice hold straight left/right then push R/L and it'll work everytime.

Why is this important at all? These platforms taught me the animations to look for to know when I can do it on other stages and so on.

Top Bottom