• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How far can you guys normally slide with the Boost Smash?

J4pu

Smash Champion
See title. I can get across FD in 4 Boost smashes on a good day, I noticed though that that's how many dash attacks you can get in on FD as well, so it's not too good imo. I'm just curious how well you guys have perfected the boost smash slide since I believe it's possible, though extremely hard (i guess), to get 1/2 of FD in one boost smash.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
No, if your doing 1/4 of FD, thats good. theres about 1 frame in it to get a 1/3, but thats bad because you'll probably be surprised and miss.

Xero67

Smash Rookie
i main sheik and the DACUS for her be mighty slim window... when the same timing is applied to falco, or what seems the same to my fingers i get about the 1/3 slide. My Z button is attack and i use R for grab with tap jump off. hope that helps

J4pu

Smash Champion
Hmm I usually get about a quarter, but I've never seen anyone do a 1/2 of FD. Can someone please post a vid if possible?
There was a vid a while ago (back around June, maybe early july) where it had somebody doing slightly longer than 1/4 most of the time, then one time he got more than 1/3 but ran into the edge of FD so he stopped, not sure how far it would have gone if the edge wasn't there.

you could try searching for old threads with phantasm in the name.
EDIT- I meant boost smash -------------------------^

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Two and a half to get across Final Destination. That would translate to 2/5ths which is almost half. Watch the original Boost Smashing aka Dash Attack Cancel Up Smash Youtube video with all of the characters. Falco's 3rd slide goes about 2/5 of Final Destination.

I've seen this can only be done with the attack button, not the grab function of the attack button. The grab button minimizes an opportunity to use it earlier and slide further. I don't know how many times I've mentioned it before, but L or R changed to attack>Z as grab for boost smashing.

hmbtnguy

Smash Cadet
For those of you that changed your attack buttons to L or R, could this still be pulled off with the regular A button? Or does changing the attack button actually affect the sliding distance?

Top Bottom