• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you warm-up?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
What are ways you warm-up your diddys in preparation for tournaments or any sort of matches for that matter?

do u meditate?
breathing excercises?
just go right into it?
friendlies?

what do u do :3?

i literally just goto the bathroom and have a healthy breakfast since my body's insides affect my game tremendously lol any slight disturbance and my whole game changes haha. hunger is indeed a bad thing lol

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
I play guitar hero. When I switch from a guitar to a regular controller, I feel like I have more control over the WHOLE controller unlike the guitar. It also helps me move my fingers faster after playing a set or two and it helps me get a rhythm going along with timing. Serious guitar hero/rock band = best warm up for any game.

Oh **** 500th post xD

Esca

Smash Champion
To be honest, every day, I'll go to training mode and work on banana tricks a little bit. To keep myself fresh. I usually listen to my iPod before matches, because it helps me concentrate.

PowaStar

Smash Apprentice
I play Guilty Gear using the most technical character in the game,then play melee and use Fox,then get on brawl and use Diddy mostly at the end of all that my tech game is back up and running.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
I like to listen to my "smash playlist" when I am playing online or practicing in training mode. Then when I go to tournaments or smashfests I just pull out the iPod and listen to the same playlist I listened to before. It helps recreate that feeling/memory and help set the mentality I had when I was smashing online or practicing, and yeah it works for me:]

Tachyon

Smash Cadet
Cedar Hill, Texas and Hawkins, Texas (college)
I sadly have not been to a tournament except for real small local ones but I what usually do to warm-up is play some friendlies using my other mains or my 2nds. I also will play other fighters like Guilty Gear or something to help me get my fingers moving fast.

Esca

Smash Champion
White, it would have been if people responded like I did initially.

Dfear, go around and practice banana things on platforms and flatland.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
That sounds very unsanitary.
should of put commas in my sentences i meant i go to the bathroom then go have a healthy breakfast >_< =P and jeez powa xD

@jehbus
I do sometimes :\ but the urges of food overpowers me xD im a hungry man lol

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
i just get a soda and play friendlies, i listen to music when i wanna get really pumped

funnest way to warm up :laugh:
Hey chances to win teams is way more likely so I warm up as MK(we use 2 mks as our team) during teams :]. I don't go to many tournaments, so I don't do any hardcore warming up

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
i do diddys clap your hands dance (down taunt) then some primal screeming (side taunt) then turn my wii on and destroy a computer with some nanna locking and other dodads ',; )

fZk

Smash Lord
I try to get there early and get as many friendlies in as I can. So even if I don't get very far in the tourney, I get my fill of smash. Also I pee a lot before a set.

I've been thinking of playing with my ipod on, does it help any of you guys to play with music on?

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I usually drive into it. If im going to a tourney I would practice dribbling nannas, pivot grabs and and some ledge techniques. Because whenever I get into a match I usually forget to do some of these things. I also recently stated chewing gum, it keeps me relaxed, and I take a few deep breathes during the loading screen.

Top Bottom