• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you think he'll fit in with SE?

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai also mentioned that there is a way of powering your characters up, I dont know where this will lead, but maybe you can buy power ups for your characters, or maybe they get stronger, the more they fight?

If this is true, then the SSE may last quite a while, if it has an aspect like that, it should be long and have more depth.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
I doubt it
Why doubt it? Sakurai said this on the DOJO. If a game element like that is being involved, it may lead to even greater things, there is not much point creating a game element like that if the SSE doesn't last long enough to hold it or expand it. Sakurai mentioned this a long time a go, but said he was going to explain in it more detail later. Its been kept a secret for a while, hopefully its something big.

Theres not much point in putting that aspect in if the mode doesn't last long, it would be a waste. Though it could be something incredibly minor, there may be even more to come.

To be honest, nobody has a clue in what the SSE will bring. It seems such a big part of the game, they have had two years development, melee was half that. Oh, and what about the delay? The SSE looks half the game itself.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Brawl will be the best of the Smash bros. series unless Nintendo (Without Sakauri) can make another one that can surpass this one. But I don't know how Nintendo can surpass Sakauri's developing genius. Of course Miyamoto could make one, but I hope that wouldn't mean too much emphasis on the Mario & Legend of Zelda franchises.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Brawl will be the best of the Smash bros. series unless Nintendo (Without Sakauri) can make another one that can surpass this one. But I don't know how Nintendo can surpass Sakauri's developing genius. Of course Miyamoto could make one, but I hope that wouldn't mean too much emphasis on the Mario & Legend of Zelda franchises.
Where is everyone getting this 'Brawl is Sakurai's swansong' stuff?

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai said he doesn't like sequels, and it was also one of the reasons he left HAL. Because of this, people think that he will be reluctant to make another Smash game.

Cless

Smash Champion
He didn't have anything to do with the 64 game, mostly because of the spinoff for the Gamecube.

Might be nice to get some new blood in on the game, or it might screw it up completely. We'll see when the time comes. No use worrying about it 5 or 6 years before it's going to happen.

spindash

Smash Ace
I think that Sonic's involvement in Subspace Emmisary will run along the lines of this. He's running, on another one of his adventures somewhere. Sonic will likely encounter the Halberd and the Ancient Minister will unleash a hoard of the Primid on him, thus beginning his adventure in Subspace Emmisary. After fending off the Primid, he'll want to know why they attacked him and will have a bad feeling that something is up. He'll chase after the Halberd on foot before finding a way to successfully board the ship, until he's defeated and sent flying down the the ground below.

I think that's when Mario will discover Sonic in a trophy-esque state, revive him and then the two can continue on together as a team in an effort to put a stop to the Subspace Army. Definitely would be a lot more to the story I think, but it seems like a decent enough way for Sonic's story to go.

Garuda

Smash Ace
Definitely. I was excited about Mario vs. Sonic in a true battle, but that would get boring after a while. Olympics seems like a stupid environment, and it wouldn't work if Mario were in Sonic's world or vise versa... but they still need to be in a platform adventure, TOGETHER.

...Wait a minute, what's THIS?! This can actually happen?! WHA??? This is neutral ground, not too much Mario stuff, not too much Sonic stuff, in-between with some added stuff (like Brawl seems to be; between 64 and Melee, with some added touches... I wouldn't know, I haven't played it). Two great heroes, saving the world together... even if Sonic isn't the main character, I dunno. Either way, it still works.

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
I think the story will go along the lines of Eggman joining the SE, then Mario and Sonic would fight together against a common enemy. I'd like that or something like the SE starts taking over other videogame worlds like Metal Gear, and Sonic universe outside of Nintendo. That would bring in Snake also.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Im sure hell be teaming up with mario.

SonicMario

Smash Master
*bump*

I believe we should get this topic going since we now know that characters will be unlocked via the Subspace Emissiary.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
I predict Sonic & Mario being the team in the final boss fight, both using the power of the Chaos Emeralds to battle Ancient Minister in the middle of Subspace.
Im pretty sure (it makes alot more sense to me) that everey character that you've unlocked will be selectable in SSE final Fight.

TheLeperKhan

Smash Cadet
Sonic seems like he'll start out on his own, then make his way around the world and eventually encounter a buddy or two. In the "Sonic Joins the Brawl!" video, right after, he's seen with Mario, he's in a SSE level on his lonesome. Perhaps an old-school Sonic style level to introduce whatever part he's going to play?

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Sonic seems like he'll start out on his own, then make his way around the world and eventually encounter a buddy or two. In the "Sonic Joins the Brawl!" video, right after, he's seen with Mario, he's in a SSE level on his lonesome. Perhaps an old-school Sonic style level to introduce whatever part he's going to play?
True, this would stick to character.

Or maybe its Pit and Mario doing their thing and they see Sonic running (by himself) look at eachother, nod, and chase after him. Now you play as Sonic in his level by himself, then in the next cut Pit and mario are close when Pit gets taken somehwre else and mario meets with Sonic alone and team up.

Torchik

Smash Ace
I think Sonic will actually team up with Pikachu. They're both rodents and I could see them working togethor well. Imagine, Pikachu is playing outside when suddenly, Sonic appears out of an interdimensional wormhole! Sonic then gets Pikachu to explain (through many gestures and "Pika!"s) where he is. Then, both of them disembark on a journey to help Sonic get home. Along the way, though, they come in contact with the Subspace Army and this is where they switch their goal. Now, they're going to help fight! ^_^

Tigro

Smash Rookie
I posted this in the SSE thread in General:

"I'm not sure if this has been pointed out already (too lazy to skim through ~150 pages) but after watching the video introducing Sonic, I noticed he and Mario tackling some Subspace-like creatures at one point. Seeing as you can't necessarily choose *any* character you want at any given time in SSE, it looks as though Sonic is going to bump into Mario at some point in the story. ;-)"

Ch'yea.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Galvanic: Yep, that's some solid proof that Sonic is indeed part of the SE (And teamed up with Mario). Not that we didn't know it in the 1st place

Top Bottom