• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you think he'll fit in with SE?

Kirbynator23

Smash Apprentice
I can't tell you, you might be a paid assasin.
no offense to the poster of this thread but that idea makes no sense. If sonic is unlockable then what happens if you play the subspace emissary before unlocking him? Sakurai said it himself "all third party characters will be unlockable". It's very unlikely that you unlock him in the middle of the SE so what now?

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
no offense to the poster of this thread but that idea makes no sense. If sonic is unlockable then what happens if you play the subspace emissary before unlocking him? Sakurai said it himself "all third party characters will be unlockable". It's very unlikely that you unlock him in the middle of the SE so what now?
Eh, you know us Sonic fanboys. Never satisfied for more than a minute at a time, and we fall asleep right afterwards. . .
Oh, I'm thinking of something completely different. Never mind.

Anyway, the point of this thread is speculation. Yes, it is a bit far-fetched and skewed to think that a guest-star would get his own sub-plot in a game as minimalistic with plot as SSB. But that doesn't stop us from thinking about how awesome it would be to have Sonic and Mario get double-teamy on Shadow and Wario. (Shadow looses, :laugh:). After all, thinking about how awesome something could be is what made this game as awesome as it is.

Everything has to start somewhere.

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
In the Vid "Sonic Joins the Brawl!" he is shown fighting alongside Mario in Adventure Mode.
Maybe you can alternatively (is that how you write it?) unlock him in Adventure Mode.

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
I know it looks like Mario and Sonic are going to be a team, but if they get separated, does anyone agree it would be interesting to put the third-party characters together and have Snake and Sonic? I know they wouldn't quite fit, but still, it would be interesting...

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Sonic may not be THE star, but he is A star. perhaps not to sakuri or any of the programers, but because of how much he was requested by so many fans, he will be a star in the players eyes. or at least some of them. anyways, onto the topic at hand

Maybe im being weird here, over-rationalising game content, but has any1 heard of "Mario and sonic at the olympic games"? It seems as though sonic and friends have already come from mobius into a realm with the nintendo characters, or at least mario's gang.

Other than that, i like the theory of sonic being sucked to mario's world thru the worm hole created by the subspace bomb. It coulc alternatively have something to do with eggman or metal sonic coming to the nitendo world and sonic pursuing... i guess we'll have to wait til febuary to find out

IMHO, it is more likely than not that sonic and mario will be teamed up. Nintendo and sega seem to be on pretty good terms, they don't need their mascots to fight for superiority. Plus, we all know mario would win. It's just common sense. Nintendo wouldnt let their mascot lose to sonic on their own console.
As mush as I would love to see Metal in Super Smash, I think we will see Dr. Robotnik with the Ancient Minister. Though Metal is far more of a "Puppet Master" that likes to manipulate people, and would bring an interesting twist to the story.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I know it looks like Mario and Sonic are going to be a team, but if they get separated, does anyone agree it would be interesting to put the third-party characters together and have Snake and Sonic? I know they wouldn't quite fit, but still, it would be interesting...
Heck no. lol

Snake is all stealthy and calculating... Sonic's pretty reckless and straitforward. :D

Completely different styles I guess. But that makes it kinda fun as well.

Sonic and Peach. :p I bet Sonic would fall for her (human girl + Princess = double win for Sonic) xD

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Remember the scene where Sonic went Super Sonic in the official "Sonic Joins The Brawl" teaser? I think thats an actual scene from the SE.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Sonic -- Mario
Tails -- Luigi
Knuckles -- DK
Eggman -- Bowser
Shadow -- Wario
Amy -- Peach
Rouge -- Daisy
Blaze -- Rossette? (Galaxy)

too lazy to think other match ups. XD

Shadowball Enthusiast

Smash Cadet
Sonic's SE Intro

Sonic is running through Forest hill at a tremendous speed, in front of him is a star jump pad, he bounce of it straight up, He lands on Emerald island, and runs into the cave housing the chaos emeralds.

Sonic: You rang...

Knuckles turns from a panel by the emeralds

Knuckles: Sonic somthings wrong, the energy levels of the universe are being distorted, extra mass is falling into our universe, just look at what i found.

Knuckles holds up a Koopa,

Knuckles: Sonic we need to find out where this disturbance is coming from or reality will unfold

Sonic: thats all, come on i thought you had a challenge

Knuckles: Listen to me, i would go myself but i need to monitor these reading from the master emerald, If you take the others that should give you enough power to reach one of the breaches.

Sonic flies out of the island as super sonic towards a purple breach in the sky, as he flies though he is violently shaken, he reaches the other side, he turns back to blue and the emeralds are scatterd far and wide,

Sonic: Knuckles is not going to be happy.

Soinc falls gracefully into the trees

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Sonic is running through Forest hill at a tremendous speed, in front of him is a star jump pad, he bounce of it straight up, He lands on Emerald island, and runs into the cave housing the chaos emeralds.

Sonic: You rang...

Knuckles turns from a panel by the emeralds

Knuckles: Sonic somthings wrong, the energy levels of the universe are being distorted, extra mass is falling into our universe, just look at what i found.

Knuckles holds up a Koopa,

Knuckles: Sonic we need to find out where this disturbance is coming from or reality will unfold

Sonic: thats all, come on i thought you had a challenge

Knuckles: Listen to me, i would go myself but i need to monitor these reading from the master emerald, If you take the others that should give you enough power to reach one of the breaches.

Sonic flies out of the island as super sonic towards a purple breach in the sky, as he flies though he is violently shaken, he reaches the other side, he turns back to blue and the emeralds are scatterd far and wide,

Sonic: Knuckles is not going to be happy.

Soinc falls gracefully into the trees
That really fails, its sound more like what Tails would do.
Knuckles really wouldn't act that way, he would plain rush to danger without thinking much.
Also you make no sense, how did Knuckles contact Sonic in the first place? He got a phone or something?

SonicMario

Smash Master
No, Sonic needs to battle someone else. It's all crossed remember. Kirby goes against Petey and perhaps Fox VS. Rayquaza? (probably not, but you get my point. Either Sonic should fight an awesome large Nintendo villian, or a Metal Gea boss >_> Which would seem VERY odd lol

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Or Sonic could be a boss. You all know that Bowser's going to be, and Mario's going to have pretty much the starring role here. Sakurai recognizes epic when he sees Mario vs. Sonic. Since this is a nintendo-based game, it would be fitting for Sonic to show up as a recurring boss character, possibly with some playable levels of his own near the end of the game.

SiD

Smash Master
-_-

We already know he's in the SE Kirbynator.

And hell no he won't be a boss.
Leave that **** to Ridley ;)

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
Heck no. lol

Snake is all stealthy and calculating... Sonic's pretty reckless and straitforward. :D

Completely different styles I guess. But that makes it kinda fun as well.

Sonic and Peach. :p I bet Sonic would fall for her (human girl + Princess = double win for Sonic) xD
Yeah, that would make it fun. The completely different approaches. Perhaps it could have an effect on gameplay...sometimes you'd go one player as Sonic, waiting for Snake to analyse the situation.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
What would be his reasoning for siding with the SE, assuming he does so of his own free will?
Who said he needs to side with SE?

Sonic is an easily distracted kind of guy who likes action. He could wander around the world, popping up in different characters storylines and picking fights just for kicks. Sometimes, he might decide that the subspace army is more interesting and fight alongside you. Sometimes, he might decide that you're more interesting and pick a fight with you. Both might even happen in the same level. Heck, Sakurai could use him as a plot device: whenever things are too boring/need more action, just add Sonic!

And if you insist on a guest character having that kind of storyline involvement (Which is ridiculous), he could have some character development when you fight him for the last time, realize that the Subspace Army really is a force of evil, and decide to help you honestly.

BTW, please excuse the lateness of my reply. I've been busy writing short fiction.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well he supposedly joins with Mario at some point... according to the Sonic in Brawl video.

But I still don't understand how the concept of SSE will work if Sonic (and all other 3rd party characters) are supposed to be unlockables...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Yeah, that would make it fun. The completely different approaches. Perhaps it could have an effect on gameplay...sometimes you'd go one player as Sonic, waiting for Snake to analyse the situation.
*Bowser's castle appears before Sonic and Snake*

Sonic: *whistles* Creepy...

Snake: There appears to be no defensive mechanisms of any sort.... Perfect, I can silently take out those guards without raising a-

Sonic: Heh! Interesting, Let's blast through! *runs inside Bowser's castle*

Snake: !!!!!!!!!!!!????????? WAIT!!!... *sigh* **facepalm**

XD.

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
*Bowser's castle appears before Sonic and Snake*

Sonic: *whistles* Creepy...

Snake: There appears to be no defensive mechanisms of any sort.... Perfect, I can silently take out those guards without raising a-

Sonic: Heh! Interesting, Let's blast through! *runs inside Bowser's castle*

Snake: !!!!!!!!!!!!????????? WAIT!!!... *sigh* **facepalm**

XD.
Heh. It'd be funny if it eventually came to a fight between Snake and Sonic because Snake is so pissed off with Sonic. The winner, or who you play as, or whatever, would affect stuff in SE.

MarvinTPA

Smash Cadet
That's a great idea
But...It's definitely who you choose AND who wins.
As a game, it would make sense that you can't continue when you're dead.
I can actually imagine the developers doing this.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Well he supposedly joins with Mario at some point... according to the Sonic in Brawl video.

But I still don't understand how the concept of SSE will work if Sonic (and all other 3rd party characters) are supposed to be unlockables...
That doesn't mean he won't fight him beforehand.

Try to understand my perspective: It wouldn't make sense to me not to have Mario and Sonic fight in SSE. In my previous posts, I've simply presented that belief in the most dynamic way I could think of.

BTW, please exuse the lateness of my reply again. Short fiction chews up free time like a beaver in a cuckoo-clock.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
That doesn't mean he won't fight him beforehand.

Try to understand my perspective: It wouldn't make sense to me not to have Mario and Sonic fight in SSE. In my previous posts, I've simply presented that belief in the most dynamic way I could think of.

BTW, please exuse the lateness of my reply again. Short fiction chews up free time like a beaver in a cuckoo-clock.
my thinking, from the way Nintendo has chatted up SSE, is that Brawl and Subspace Emissary are basically two new Smash games, that just happen to be on the same disc, just like all those crappy GBA 'Superpacks', except these Smash games don't suck.

Therefore, I think SSE could be separate from unlockables, as far as the story goes. I think you could play through SSE and it could involve every character in the game. But you may have to unlock them in a separate way to use them in multiplayer.

Cless

Smash Champion
Therefore, I think SSE could be separate from unlockables, as far as the story goes. I think you could play through SSE and it could involve every character in the game. But you may have to unlock them in a separate way to use them in multiplayer.
That would actually be the worst idea ever.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
That would actually be the worst idea ever.
Who are you talking to here?

Anyway, @Doc Claw: I doubt that. We've seen trophies being collected midgame in that DK video, so I doubt that SSE is going to be especially separated from the rest of the game. Besides, we've already seen Sonic running around in SSE, so we know that he's in it on some level.

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps after a certain point in the SSE, levels are branched and some can only be unlocked after
beating another, Beating Stage A will unlock B and C, and beating B will unlock D and E , whilst C will unlock F, G and H. A would be Mario and pit in Skyworld, B and C would branch and be perhaps Peach/Zelda and Kirby, DK and Diddy, beating one of those will unlock two or three parts of the SSE and so on. It would
make the SSE much less Linear. In sonics case, his Part(s) will be unlocked after getting so far in the SSE,
AND by unlocking him in other modes/multiplayer. Same goes for other unlockables. This is my prediction.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Perhaps after a certain point in the SSE, levels are branched and some can only be unlocked after
beating another, Beating Stage A will unlock B and C, and beating B will unlock D and E , whilst C will unlock F, G and H. A would be Mario and pit in Skyworld, B and C would branch and be perhaps Peach/Zelda and Kirby, DK and Diddy, beating one of those will unlock two or three parts of the SSE and so on. It would
make the SSE much less Linear. In sonics case, his Part(s) will be unlocked after getting so far in the SSE,
AND by unlocking him in other modes/multiplayer. Same goes for other unlockables. This is my prediction.
That's a good idea, but we've seen parts of Kirby's story even though the character selected Mario in the first level. Still, there's a lot that we don't know about SSE, so this is still feasible.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I never said Mario couldn't fight Sonic. :p

Sonic tackling Mario away BEGS for a showdown between Mario and Sonic. :D

I can sort of picture Mario getting mad at Sonic, and Sonic feeling challenged, then they start fighting.

Player 1 Mario, PLayer 2 Sonic, fighting together in SSE, is like every 90's fanboy's ultimate fantasy coming true. T_T Can't wait for this game..

I wonder how Sonic's speed will feel when you're out in the open... I know it won't feel near as fast as in his 2D games... but I just can't help wondering...

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
That's a good idea, but we've seen parts of Kirby's story even though the character selected Mario in the first level. Still, there's a lot that we don't know about SSE, so this is still feasible.
Perhaps I should put it differantly then. After the first battle between Kirby and Mario and after defeating Petey, perhaps you will then go to the world map. Then, Skyworld will appear, and so will the Helberd, Completing Skyworld will make two or three more stages on the world map. Same as Helberd, and so on...

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Perhaps I should put it differantly then. After the first battle between Kirby and Mario and after defeating Petey, perhaps you will then go to the world map. Then, Skyworld will appear, and so will the Helberd, Completing Skyworld will make two or three more stages on the world map. Same as Helberd, and so on...
Oh, I see. Sort of like the Starfox games, where you could choose to go to Meteo or Sector Y after beating Corneria? Starfox was hella fun, so this idea sounds good to me.

redphoenix526

Smash Apprentice
The skies above and the shelter (dorm) at Indiana
That actually sounds like a brilliant idea, but do you think Sakurai would have thought of that?

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
That actually sounds like a brilliant idea, but do you think Sakurai would have thought of that?
Hopefully he has, or something similar to that. It would make the SSE less linear, and you would choose which order you want to do the levels in, or what path you would want to take first. I hope it is something like this, I dont want the levels to be ordered one by one, im sure Sakurai will think of something good. After all, he did want a better single player.

Maybe im posting all this in the wrong place? It probally should be in the general discussion or something...

redphoenix526

Smash Apprentice
The skies above and the shelter (dorm) at Indiana
Hopefully he has, or something similar to that. It would make the SSE less linear, and you would choose which order you want to do the levels in, or what path you would want to take first. I hope it is something like this, I dont want the levels to be ordered one by one, im sure Sakurai will think of something good. After all, he did want a better single player.

Maybe im posting all this in the wrong place? It probally should be in the general discussion or something...
Well, I guess we'll what a moderator decides to say. This thread's topic kind of changed in that direction anyway.

Top Bottom