• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how do you know how many hits to put in after grab?

cykofox

Smash Ace
does anyone have the numbers of the hits you could get in after a grab at certain %'s?
does the opponent shaking out of it affect the amount of hits?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
depends on % AND your second question...m2k wrote a guide about it...dotn remember much abut it.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Doesn't really matter all to much. Unless your mindgaming their DI.

M2k has an extensive grab guide, I'd post it but you can search.

heatran15

Smash Cadet
Probably about 10-20% is what you could get in a grab of you hit them a few times.

HannahMontana

Smash Rookie
if your opponent doesn't do anything to get out of it then just hit as much as you can depending on percentage

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
You can put on about 1 hit per every 15-20%, but IMO it's a lil risky if you're opponent is struggling to get out of your grabs.
Not even close. If your opponent is any good they will definitely shake out if you're hitting them that many times. In fact it's not that hard to shake out below 40ish if they hit you at all.

otg

Smash Master
Not even close. If your opponent is any good they will definitely shake out if you're hitting them that many times. In fact it's not that hard to shake out below 40ish if they hit you at all.
I def agree, it happens all the time and 99% of the time it's better to just throw immediately below 40%. I was just trying to answer the mans question...

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
For every 30 I add 1. Below 30 if it is clear they are NOT mashing in any way, I might add one.

At about 80 I add more depending on how much they mash and how determined they are to preserve their perfect DI. Especially with Fox because Fox is sexy like that and needs SDI to escape his stuff so people tend to mash less to try and prepare for the Uair. So yay free damage.

Top Bottom