• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you cope with the unchangeable?

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I just told you.

Life is what we make it.

^ Life is simpler than you think. We just like to make it complex because we are complex, that's all.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Liam Neeson is doing pretty good. I think he's white and old.

David Bowie looks better now than when he was young. But that may be only cause he looked disgusting when he was young.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I thought indiana jones was just fiction.

and is anyone at least reviewing on what i said to omni shortie? I want majors and flaws.

:phone:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I disagree that men can't look good when they're older, but honestly, arguing about looks is kind of silly because different people have different ideas of what does and doesn't look good. Which wouldn't be pointless to argue, except there's really no way to argue your side aside from saying "I think this person looks good" "No they don't" etc. etc.

As for coping with the unchangeable, though, I'm with Spelt and Teran; not caring is pretty much the best way to go. If it's something you can't change, dwelling on it does nobody any good, so you might as well just accept it and stop caring.

And Alien Vision, just saying, I'm pretty sure people don't have a problem with you because you go against the norm.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Hmmm, you could just embrace/accept the unchangeable.

That's what I usually do.

And some people like dark circles under the eyes, I know I do (but only for pale white people).

Laem

Smash Champion
I am rarely able to cope with the unchangeable.
I almost always load to my latest savepoint.

My arrogance once forbade me to have anything unchangeable occur in my life.

Yet, as of recently, my actions at a previous school of mine have thus far barred me from entering, even when it's an easily resolved situation.

The fact that I cannot change or control that imbues a horrific mix of anger and despair in me.

****ing arrogance.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I like to think that it's great to make a few mistakes or experience something horrible once in my life.

It allows me to appreciate what I have now.

Dark_Crono

Smash Journeyman
lol wtf xD
theres nothing wrong about you no matter how "ugly" you think you are... Society has been telling you what its a good looking guy since you were born and most of that is bull****... theres nothing for us to change about ourselves if were completely healthy you just need to get over it.
(im really bored btw.......................................)

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I've never really believed in ugly and beauty, but I do know when I tend to draw the line.

I'm sorry but my stomache is not manly enough to handle a person with biles on their face, weighing 400+ pounds, acne on their eyeballs, and having not showered for years.

&

I'm sorry that I can't stop looking at a woman because of how beautiful they are, especially when they have green eyes. /Slur

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
You are going against your original opinion.

We all define ''healthy'' in different ways, and it also affects our appearance.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Now you are just applying my first example to your argument.

What you said in response to that basically generalised an idea of ''as long as you are ''healthy''.''

I then questioned it, and explained how that went against what you've said before. That you cannot define ''healthy'' anymore than you can define ''beauty'' and ''ugly''.

Stay on track buddy. Your misconceptions won't do us any good.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
It depends. Are you using a magic spell on me?

Are you conspiring against me?

Are you?

Are you?

Are you?

I mean, where do you not relate to what I am saying?

You said that you didn't believe in ''beauty'' and ''ugly'' we grew up to see it as.

I then came in and explained that there is a line to be drawn.

You then said ''ONLY IF THEY ARE HEALTHY'', which I am assuming you were generally speaking when you said that.

Thus, I then realised that ''healthy'' cannot be defined any more than ''beauty'' and ''ugly''.

If you need me to hold your hand some more, just ask me.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
No, no. I'm saying that you went against what you said about ''beauty'' and ''ugly''.

You practically said what I've said. I believe that beauty and ugly is pointless controversy, just like how people fight over Melee and Brawl.

Then you said ''only if they are healthy''.

So I ask of you. To define this word ''healthy''. Can you even define it? :p

I know people that count people who smoke, and do stupid things, healthy.

I also know people who think having the flu is unhealthy.

*Holds hand*

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Exactly why are you trying to clarify anything to him? Just feed him barely relevant one-liners and he'll be exactly as satisfied responding in an identical fashion, and you'll be a lot less frustrated.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Well, Artificial Intelligence.

Dark_Crono and I do have something that is in common, that is at utmost fact.

We both are bored :c

But, yea. I read your first post wrong, Crono. XD

Top Bottom