• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how do you choose colors/costumes for characters when you play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
I choose by the colors that I enjoy seeing on the particular character...Why how do you choose your colors?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
how do you tell which colors you like the most? :veryconfu
Because, in a human's brain, chemicals are released when something stimulates pleasure, which causes the feeling of pleasure. This process is called "Liking something"

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
this is hard!:urg: there are 16 charecters in which i cannot decide!!!!! one of them is ZSS, and thats the easiest cuz i got it down to 2 different ones, should i go yellow green and be original, r stay with the default?

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
For me to choose a colour:

1. I select a character
2. I press Y/X or click on the character.
3. When I stop at a random colour after mashing the Y button hard, I turn to the right, and say, even if no ones there, "This'll do"
3. I Press start
4. Then I do the same for the stages (2 and 3).

And that's some of the wise words of wisdom DFM has.

chuckyj100

Smash Apprentice
with wolf i use black and all blue

Im kinda a wolf freak (the animal) its been with me all my life.

Ange

Smash Lord
The quickest way to choose a color is to hold your coin on the character while pressing X/Y.

That way, youre set in a matter of a few nanoseconds.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
but how do you decide which color to enter the battle using?????
Oh alright.. I understand what you are getting at, you should state your first post better.
Basically I use Green Peach because I love the color green. Especially the light green (Limeish) ha.. you can prolly tell by which color font im using.. And of course the fact that the color Green gives Peach super dee-duper man powers.

Smudge

Smash Lord
I usually choose the costume that has my favorite colour in (Green) unless it doesn't look that good.

I contradict this somehow on Brawl though, as I play as the Ice Coloured D3. I don't know why, there's just something about that costume that looks awesome.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
but what if we want to use 1 color forever but dont know which one to use?
then this is where you have to stop being so not you
Which everone makes you say hey this character Looks kool
Or just do like I do with Toon Link every now and then I change my color with Toon Link
I dont aways use the same one.
i mostly use NES though and atm when I play thats all I use but next I might swith to red or blue idk
Depends or my mood.

Just put your foot down and stop being...idk how to put it
:|
but just deside it will be ok if you like another one then just switch to it.

For your main who ever you have the most fun playin as if its all of them then the person your feel most comfortable and are the best playing with.
It will be a long road you my second guess yourself and move around alot but once your journey is over you'll know you have accomplished something.
I have finished my journey I a on a different one now.

My the force be with you young padiwan

XACE-K

Smash Master
I just choose the costume I like best for that character. Same with teams. But if my opponent takes that costume, I take the second best one.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Always use Pink. If Pink is not available, go with the next most ridiculous looking color!

Ange

Smash Lord
The OP is a question to us? I was a little confused as first I thought you asked how to change them (as the button input), and then it seemed that you had trouble choosing which color to use for a character (which is still seems like).

If it is a question, then;

I mainly use the color I like/fits the character. I like choosing the dark costume on some and either blue or red on others. Some peoples white costume CAN be good, but the majority of the time, I hate them.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Oh, and sometimes I close my eyes and smash Y, and I don't open my eyes until the match has started.

Or best of all, pick a colour you hate, because you will become angry and/or upset, and the opponent will think you're a nutter (which you can use to your advantage).

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Retro Toon Link. (Awesome)
White Link. (My designated color in Smash 64)
Blue DK (Blue Monkey!)
Olddorf. (It's Olddorf! You must!)
Red Kirby (Smash 64)
Retro Mario (Awesome)
Pink Falcon (You must.)
Pink Metaknight (Also must)
Pink Yoshi (Getting the pattern?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom