• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Do People Do BTT So Fast?

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
I don't really understand how People do Break The Targets so fast.

Yesterday i was doing fox's target test and i did it that exact same way the the record holder does it and i can only get 12:20 when the record is 6:93.

I'm confused because i did it as fast i can, falling and everything, and still their time is way better..How am I supposed to do it faster?

Geist

Smash Master
well it probably wasn't done the EXACT same way or else you would have made the record. ;]
It takes an insane amount of practice to do it that fast. I've only got Fox's BTT to 8 seconds and that took me hours just to shave it from my previous 9 seconds.

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
when i ment i do it the same way i ment i get the targets in he same order as they do and i usually do l cancel..theres only 1 spot u need to l cancel. almost every other target u just use laser which u dont need to l cancel..

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
You can't copy someones strategy and expect to do as good as them. Thats what makes everyone unique.
Do it your way and that's all I can say.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Keep doing it, over and over again. Like Omega said, do it your way, but keep praciticing. Eventually you'll shave seconds off after you realize your mistakes or shortcuts. :3

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
when i ment i do it the same way i ment i get the targets in he same order as they do and i usually do l cancel..theres only 1 spot u need to l cancel. almost every other target u just use laser which u dont need to l cancel..
The thing about BTT is, you can't exactly copy a strat and do it in slower speed and get a decent score. There are other factors. Like the moving targets. They screw you up because if you go really fast, then you can hit them in the perfect order but if you don't, you don't hit them in the proper order and it really shows on your time.

I would suggest going for easier strategies first.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
The thing about BTT is, you can't exactly copy a strat and do it in slower speed and get a decent score. There are other factors. Like the moving targets. They screw you up because if you go really fast, then you can hit them in the perfect order but if you don't, you don't hit them in the proper order and it really shows on your time.

Yeah what I usually do is pause and get a general overview of the targets, to see which path I should take, then from there I figure out what I should do when and etc.

It always starts off as an easy strat, then I'll evolve it to a more complex one.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Here's some videos:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=LPZampa&view=videos

(scroll way back past the Brawl ones to find the Melee ones)

To everyone saying just play over and over and "practice," you have no idea what you are talking about. If you are gonna get good times in this mode you are going to simply have to copy / modify existing strategies unless you are a freaking genius who can rediscover years worth of strategies by yourself.

paulleh

Smash Apprentice
if you want to be as fast as the WR holders of BTT, first you must throw away every content of your life except your ability to play smash, then you will surpass those records. =)

Nintendude

Smash Hero
if you want to be as fast as the WR holders of BTT, first you must throw away every content of your life except your ability to play smash, then you will surpass those records. =)
Unless your name is Zampa you won't be surpassing any of those records like no matter what lol

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer

The moving targets part is correct but you have to copy strats to get the times you are looking for.
Start easy.

Here's some videos:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=LPZampa&view=videos

(scroll way back past the Brawl ones to find the Melee ones)

To everyone saying just play over and over and "practice," you have no idea what you are talking about. If you are gonna get good times in this mode you are going to simply have to copy / modify existing strategies unless you are a freaking genius who can rediscover years worth of strategies by yourself.
This.

Keep doing it, over and over again. Like Omega said, do it your way, but keep praciticing. Eventually you'll shave seconds off after you realize your mistakes or shortcuts. :3
Making your own strategies isn't a good idea because they won't be good for the fastest times.

You can't copy someones strategy and expect to do as good as them. Thats what makes everyone unique.
Do it your way and that's all I can say.
So wrong :(

On a side note I just finally got sub 5 the other day :D :D.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
I don't really understand how People do Break The Targets so fast.

Yesterday i was doing fox's target test and i did it that exact same way the the record holder does it and i can only get 12:20 when the record is 6:93.

I'm confused because i did it as fast i can, falling and everything, and still their time is way better..How am I supposed to do it faster?
Lol

With fox, you need to l-cancel and b-reversal a TON. And fast-falling gives you 2 frames of landing lag, right?

Top Bottom