• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How could you let your best friends never forget you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

momaspeare

Smash Cadet
Sometimes I think it's very hard to continue life.
When your best friend gets a girlfriend and you can't tell hin that you are sad about this.
Of course you are happy for him but you are sad because you know that he will spend much time with her...of course more than with you.
And he thinks that everything is wonderful and doesn't realize that his best friend cries every evening because of him.

So can you tell me how to let your friends and your best friends never forget you?
Everytime when I talk to my friend he wants to talk about his girlfriend and even doesn't want to ask me if I'm happy or not about this...
If you could help me I would be very happy.

Sometimes I think it's very hard to continue life.
When your best friend gets a girlfriend and you can't tell hin that you are sad about this.
Of course you are happy for him but you are sad because you know that he will spend much time with her...of course more than with you.
And he thinks that everything is wonderful and doesn't realize that his best friend cries every evening because of him.

So can you tell me how to let your friends and your best friends never forget you?
Everytime when I talk to my friend he wants to talk about his girlfriend and even doesn't want to ask me if I'm happy or not about this...
If you could help me I would be very happy.
Rid him of the girlfriend... :evil:

Evil, twisted, and dull jokes aside, I must ask this: Are you talking about your own problem, and want us to discuss it, or just a problem that is aimed at everyone in general?

Because I really don't think that everybody cries every evening when their friend has a girlfriend/boyfriend.

I hate problems like these, relationships always seem to cause so much strife. Either do something extremely funny, brave, or if you're desperate, walk straight up to him and tell him.

momaspeare

Smash Cadet
of course you are right but I can't tell him that he shouldn't has a girlfriend and yes I talk about my problem...
I crie only because he's my best friend but he doesn't spend any time with me since he has a girl friend...
I don't know if you had this feeling of being lost anytime but I have it just at the moment.

of course you are right but I can't tell him that he shouldn't has a girlfriend and yes I talk about my problem...
I crie only because he's my best friend but he doesn't spend any time with me since he has a girl friend...
I don't know if you had this feeling of being lost anytime but I have it just at the moment.
When a friend of mine had a girlfriend, I waited until their relationship went to oblivion, which took about a few weeks.
During that time, I only spoke to him for certain and minor matters.

Considering you're a teenager... And if your friend is a teenager, then there is a minute chance that him and his girlfriend will stay together... Many teenager relationships end in heartbreak or cheating.

After he's heartbroken, then you can talk to him. :upsidedown:

Smoke and smash

Smash Journeyman
My friend's girlfriends are always with my friends, at all times. We still hang, now the only difference is theres more girls in the circle. It used to make me sad though because it constantly reminded me how I didn't have a girl, and all my friends did. Made me feel like a failure, but life moves forward and if you move forward with it, you won't feel left out. Get a girl for yourself man, or hang with some other friends. Anyway I'm assuming you're in the age group where girlfriends are a newish thing, so don't worry. Not everybody progresses at the same speed. In a year or two, you won't even remember this problem.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Are you friends with the girlfriend? Maybe if the relationship looks like it's going to last a while, it would be worth it to be friendly with her so that perhaps the three of you could hang out some of the time without you feeling like a third wheel. Of course, they'll want their time alone together too, but at least that way there might be room for some overlapping or something.

sammy p

Smash Lord
ugh..... my two BEST FRIENDS(boy and girl obviously) dated and went head over heels for each other...... and THEN..... they both cheated on eachother....... im not really goin anywhere with this but yea..... that really sucks now that the three of us used to be the best of friends and now were never around each other anymore.... but they still complain how much they "love" one another...

but really, just really talk to him about it like omni said.... unless hes really not a great friend, he wont do much besides licten and hear you out!:)
(sorry im not the best at advice but thats truly the option i would go with)

BBQTV

Smash Master
if their your best friends they wont forget you zam

sammy p

Smash Lord
oh they dont forget me..... but we just.... dont talk SOOO much anymore! we used to be around each other 24/7. that doesnt happen anymore....
(but this isnt even about me! lol)

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Listen man I was ina situation just like yours.

One of my best friends had a girlfriend who was noticeably changing him for the worse.

He started spending literally no time with us and was forced to give up smoking weed and cigarettes.

One night we just had an intervention and said what we felt to him.

We said:Dude,she fell in love with you for who you are,why are you letting her change you when she fell in love with you for who you were originally?

Just sit down with your friend and have a heart to heart.He will be accepting believe me.Just don't be too harsh about it.Tell him how you feel.

Has he changed at all or is he ONLY spending less time with you.

altairian

Smash Lord
Talk to him about it. Obviously he's going to continue spending time with his gf, but there's no reason he can't spend time with you too. He probably just doesn't know how difficult it is for you to not be able to hang out with him.

Also, use this as an opportunity to get to know other people. Just because you aren't best friends with someone doesn't mean you can't go do something with them.

And lastly, there are better places than the internet to get advice. Talk to your family, friends, priest/minister/rabbi/whatever if you're religious, anyone that actually knows you. In general people are caring and want to help someone that's hurting, and people that actually know you can offer you more help than anyone on the internet can.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
if shes not bad for him and hes really enjoying it, then dont ruin what they have going.

also, dont be the third wheel because that is awkward.

i suggest just letting him know that hes your best friend and that when you hang out, you dont want to talk about his girlfriend, you want to hang out. dont stop him from seeing the girl or anything, but bros before hos, and when you dudes hang out, do dude stuff.

also, maybe find a girl for yourself :]

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I'm going to be very blunt here, but it's incredibly selfish of you to be embittered by your friend's relationship and deeply so that this actually upsets you. Saying something like that he doesn't ask you if you're happy about it is ridiculous, unless you guys live together or something. His happiness is what matters in his relationships, not yours!

Surely you have other friends with whom you can hang out in the downtime, and if this girl makes him happy he has every right to be excited about it.

And if he wants to talk to you about it, it's because he recognizes that you're his best friend and turns to you when he needs to talk about her, be it for good reasons or bad. If it really does bother you to talk about the girl, then by all means talk to him about it, but stop thinking only about yourself, because it's not your emotions that are on the line with that relationship. You're overinvolving yourself in a way that is not your business to do so, even if only psychologically.

Kantō

Smash Champion
chances are they wont be together for ever. my friend does the same thing. i also have a girlfriend too, so im not terribly upset. mabye you should put yourself out there and get a girl of your own.

momaspeare

Smash Cadet
hey dudes thanks for your advice
the problem is solved...
My best friend lost his girlfriend... And I am now more sad about that he is sad than when I was sad about my situation. :(
But now he needs me more than ever
Thanks another time for all you told me...(but I am not really selfish!!!)

momaspeare

Smash Cadet
my friend thought that the girl loves him but in the end when he wanted her to tell him that she loves him she told him that she did not love him really...
so they try to be normal friends...to start again a friendship

Kantō

Smash Champion
tell him good luck with being friends with her. seriously though let your friend know how you felt about the whole situation now that there not together and he wont be defensive about it. im sure your friend would be more upset with the fact that you wouldnt tell him.

momaspeare

Smash Cadet
sure I will tell him about the whole situation...
and she was his best friend first and then he fell in love with her...but she didn't and in the moment he asked she about if she loves him or not she told him that she didn't love him...:(

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Dude a friend of mine got a GF last year, spent every single day at lunch with her.... apparently he could only see her in lunch... which happened to be the only lunch I had with him... anyways it ended in two weeks, and now we joke about it (I say that she dumped him :p but really it just didnt work out between them) anyways its very likely theyll break up in about a week or so and move on

momaspeare

Smash Cadet
yes it was very bad of me to think so...
but now he needs me and we did not make jokes about it because he is in love with her but she not with him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom