• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How cool would it be if Skull Kid was in SSBB?

cb_marth

Smash Ace
Skull kid has a great chance to be in this game! I hope he is. They need a few more Zelda characters and he would be a really cool character to see.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
After nearly a month of no activity, I +BUMP+ This thread back into existence

Stages for Skull Kid? I imagine either the lkost forest from OoT or a MM themed stage

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
After nearly a month of no activity, I +BUMP+ This thread back into existence

Stages for Skull Kid? I imagine either the lkost forest from OoT or a MM themed stage
Well it would have to be from MM, seeing that the Skullkids (yup, there was more than one) in OoT were very minor characters. I would have to say Clocktown would be the most logical choice - I was actually suprised (and disappointed) that it wasn't used in SSBM. But personally, I love to have Stone Tower as a stage - my favorite LoZ dungeon to date, and it would make an amazing SSB stage...

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
You know what would be an interesting stage from The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask is the very narrow path to Snowhead Temple. You know the one where you have to cross in order to get past but the huge Goron will still be blocking it blowing wind at you. Since the path isn't straight there would only be some areas of thepath you would be actually able to stay standing on.
I think it would be a cool effect with the random or patterns of wind blowing at you from the left side of the stage and the whole blizzard storm happaning in the stage. I always wanted a battle in the middle of a blizzard. It would make for some really cool battle sequences! :)

XsolidXsnakeX

Smash Apprentice
y not have down b or over b be a move were if your clos he shakes his head and a purpel rays would come out and turn all enemys into deku scrubs and they would be paralized casue they would freak out same thing with the purple rays from majoras mask but the move could be like jigaley puffs sleep song

or it could turn them into a smaller version of thoses deku crubs in front of deku palace
and the only move they could do is press be and and shoot weak deku seeds

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
instead of turning every1 into deku scrubs it would be even cooler if each character turned into a diff enemey considering which game they came from. like 4 instance mario would turn into a goompa, dk would turn into a little rat, link would turn into a bunny, samus would turn into a metroid, and so on and so on.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
I do hope skull kid in the game yet now that I think about it. He may not be in Brawl simply because he is a older Zelda character and now that Twilight Princess is out maybe if they are going to add characters from the Zelda series they will add them from that new game seeing how it is the newst and seeing how they updated Link that he looks like the way he does in Twilight Princess. Who know? I personally would love to see Skullkid in the game he would be an awsome character to have in the game with some pretty cool moves I believe that would make this game awsome. They need to add as much characters as they can so maybe they will add him and lots more from the Zelda serious never know?

Stryks

Smash Hero
aww man If they put the skull kid from TP (with or without the mask) ill be very pissed, cause i like how skull kid looks in OoT/MM...

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I like the idea of having Skull Kid inside SSBB. He's a cool character and his stage would be different,yet spooky and interesting to look at while you're fighting.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
I do to, he is a very cool character. They do have to make him look cool though. I could see picture him now, he would be such a sweet character.

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
I see we all have the same basic ideas about how skull kid could fight. Here's a quick special moveset I think ya'll will like. I guess I could edit in the normal attacks later, to make it complete.

B: Laser eyes- Uses lasers like how he did in the first part of the final battle. Acts like falco's laser, unless charged. When half charged, just gets stronger and slower. When fully charged, it's a full, uninterrupted beam. Lasts a few seconds, average knockback.

Side B: Dash- Dashs forward with blue afterimages behind him to damage on contact. It may sound like falcon's raptor, but here's what makes it unique. If it comes into contact with an enemy, he "steals" a special from them. That is to say, he makes it so they can't use it, he doesn't use it himself. He would take the most used special attack so far, for something like 20 seconds. Enough so that it would be a useful special, but wouldn't overpower him.

Up B: Teleport- Self explanatory. Leaves fall when he disappears and reappear, and damage whoever touches them.

Down B: Release top- From the end of the final battle. Almost like peach's turnips, except they travel on the ground, can't be thrown far, fall like rocks, and travel really fast. Act like red shells when stopped by a shield, and have a knockback of 10 degrees.

Grab: Tentacles, with a reach of link's hookshot.
Attack: Punches.
Foward: Upwards, then foward.
Back: Like the final battle, lifting him up and releasing him going backwards.
Up: Just straight up.
Down: Like the others. Straight up, but then slammed back to the ground.

Taunt: Takes out ocarina, and plays saria's song. Just the first six notes.

Victory pose 1: Mask shakes left and right.
Victory pose 2: Floats down to ground, then looks at hand.
Victory pose 3: Turns around to face camera, obviously being pulled by mask.

T-major

Smash Champion
Skull Kid is #3 on my list of most wanted characters, next to Ridley (#1) and Diddy Kong (#2). He's personaly one of my favorite video game villians. I think he would be a great choice for a Brawl character, seeing as he could be very unique, and just overall an awsome character.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
I kind of mashed a random moveset together. Didn't take too long. Not strikingly original either but maybe we can come up with other ideas.

A ~ Slap - Self explanatory; maybe the slap has a shadowy quality like Mewtwo's or something
AA ~ Slap -> Kick - Self explanatory; slap is shadowy maybe, but the kick is most certainly not
AAA ~ Slap -> Kick -> Repeated Kicks - Self-explanatory; easy to DI out of, crappy damage, only works against a wall, etc, etc, etc

F-Tilt ~ Forward Kick - No gimmicky names here, just basic ideas; nothing special, mediocre damage, etc
U-Tilt ~ Raising Palm - Pulls his hands up with some shadows maybe? I dunno. Just stick some "juggles, might lead into combos or something" move here that sends up with sparks or something
D-tilt ~ Spark - Makes an energy ball appear at the ground in front of him, sends foes upwards, maybe shadows for aesthetic pleasing effect but nothing particularly special.

F-Smash ~ Palm Strikes - Hits enemies with his palms; not much more to it
U-Smash ~ Mask - Smashes opponent upwards with the mask
D-Smash ~ Spin - Whips around, kind of like with the tentacle attack in his wrath form only without the tentacles and with his hands doing the actual hitting; hits multiple times, maybe 3 rotations with 7% -> 6% -> 4% uncharged or something with the last hit having good knockback; maybe his hands could be sparky or on fire or something, he does have supernatural powers. If he can crash the moon, he can certainly make fire appear around his hands.

N-Air ~ Wreath Spin - Uninspired completely; he spins and his fingers turn into tentacles or something; disjointed hitbox maybe because he's doing the spinny mask move he does in his Mask form only he's got the kid attached to him (alternatively just make it Ness's Nair with some fire or something around his hands with low damage [4-6%] but low tragectory knockback so like a mini-mini spike)
F-Air ~ Palm to Kick - Moves forward slightly into a palm then turns into a kick with okay knockback
B-Air ~ Reverse Whip - Whips around to hit enemy from behind with tentacle appendage from his wrath form; not original but the attack ends with him facing the opposite direction
D-Air ~ Lash - Swings his tentacle appendage thing in an arc like < \/ > Or something like that.
U-Air ~ Mask Hit - Just some generic "Hit them with mask upwards" move only in the air. Someone could probably make something better here.

B ~ Fire Eyes - Explains itself; beam of fire travels across the screen like Fox's SHL only it inflicts fire damage stun thing like Bowser's flame breath. Weird priority (like Bowser's flame breath) so things pass through it but it passes through those things too.

Side-B ~ Clone Rush - No funny name, it's just his funny movement thing he does when he's Majora's Incarnation. He starts running around. Sounds like Fox Illusion only the catch is that when you hit the enemy the attack ends (with whatever amount of lag it has) if you hit a wall it ends, and it doesn't deal much damage (2-4%). On the other hand, you control the movement to some degree, meaning you can go forwards/back/forwards or some random combination with it if you chose to, not just forwards. Still has startup/wind-down lag though.

Down-B ~ Curse - Once again, no attempt made to make the name original. Basically this is my attempt to make his whole "lol you're now a Deku Scrub!!!" crap into a move, somehow, without overpowering it. Maybe it turns them into a Deku Scrub for a moment (character with just 1 jump and a floaty ability) and the curse ends when Skull Kid takes a hit? Or maybe it just plants them in the ground in Deku form (like DK's side-B) but the Deku crap is only aesthetic and wears off after they break out. I dunno. Curse depending on its execution could be crap or really cool. Maybe it's damage dependant... like 0-10% = 2 seconds as Scrub but 11-40% is like 6 seconds, 41-60% is 8 seconds and 61+ is 10 or something and as a Scrub they're weaker and slower and crap.

(Alternative Idea) Down-B ~ Boss Mask - He pulls one of his boss masks out of thin air akin to Peach as an entirely different move and when he throws them, they produce different effects. Like, Goht tries to hit the enemy (like, actually) for a few seconds if he hits the first time, Twinmold does the same only there's two of them (and they each hurt less), Gyorg bites and latches on (like the flower from Lip's Stick only damage accumulation is slower and it's a fish biting you) and Ogawa (or however the hell you spell it) just shoots those energy balls the masks actually fire. And you can only have one mask buddy/summon/thing out at a time and after like 10 seconds they die. And you'd have to hit the enemy with them to get them to go off.

Up-B ~ Teleport - No effort made here. In actuality this is probably a very boring move but a good recovery one. Maybe it damages, maybe it doesn't.

Grabs:
Grab ~ Actually grabs with hands
Grab Attack ~ Headbutt - Bad damage, 1-3% like so many others, but it adds up, etc
F-Throw ~ Whiplash - Throws upwards, then uses the other arm to swing down with a tentacle arm or whatever to send back
D-Throw ~ No Name - Throws at downwards angle; nothing special
B-Throw ~ Throws backswards and fires a few energy bolts as they fly back (like Majora's Incarnation)
U-Throw ~ Lashing Blur - Throws upwards and then follows with a few strikes of those fun tentacle appendages

Vividity

Smash Rookie
Well, this is my first post here so I'll make it good.

First, I'll try to field a few of the issues people had with Skull Kid being in the game. No, I'm not going to flame people or anything, I'm just going to explain why I think he's viable from the standpoint of someone who loves both MM and the character of MMSkull Kid.

1) Skull Kid is generic and has no story - Well, I guess if you didn't play the game you could come to that conclusion, but if you played the game you'd see he has more personality than any Zelda villian to date (with the exception of post-mask Zant). As someone stated earlier, he doesn't wan't to control the world or steal a princess. Skull Kid is a being who strived for friendship and got horribly rejected. The entire world pretty much cast him aside, and being completely hurt and lonely he found Majora's Mask and began his twisted scheme. Not only does his story have some heart, but he has so much personality in his body movements. He is in NO WAY the generic, tough-but-silent bad guy. There are so many other Smash Characters with less personality than him, this is by far the worst argument against Skull Kid.

2) He has no moves - Well, neither did FOX, SHEIK, C.FALCON, and a bunch of others who appeared in Smash Bros. games. It's not like Nintendo can't make up decent movelists, if they couldn't have the characters would be nonexistant or unfinished. Anyway, I think his moves could work fine. His B moves would be tough but his melee could be done so easily, and they could be original.

3) He's unimportant - He was the main villian of a Zelda game... that's more than you can say about Peach (she's so expendable its ridiculous...), Ice Climbers, any of the Pokemon, etc etc etc.

4) He's one of MANY SKULL KIDS!!! - Yeah, just like how PIKACHU is one of MILLIONS of Pikachu... just like Pichu is one of tones of Pichu, just like Jigglypuff is one of TONS... just like there's an entire race of Kirby's.... Skull Kid, with Majora's mask, just happens to be the ONE important one. The one that stands out. He even says "You smell like that fairy kid who taught me that song in the woods..." so yeah, its the SAME GUY.

Part 2

Movelist Ideas - I think they could make a really fun and original movelist for Skull Kid considering his body language is so weird and people are forgetting he has Tatl and Tael with which to attack. Yeah, they didn't do much besides ram into things on an occasion or two, but for the sake of a Melee movelist, they could put those fairies to good use!

Taunt - Skull Kid does that maniacal laugh he does oh-so-often in Majora's Mask.

Super Smash - Crashes a moon on everyone... common sense.

A - Skull Kid crosses his arms and Tatl shoots forward, charging the attacker like the fairies do in MM. This attacks acts like Pikachu's headbut so yeah, it's spammable.
A A A A A - Read above.

Down-Tilt - Think of Sheik's Dash attack, only hes stationary and crouching, like a two-hand cross-swipe.
Forward-Tilt - Skull Kid pushes his hand forward, Tatl comes out and does a half orbit around the front of Skull Kid
UpTilt - Skullkid raises his hand a little as Tael darts up, hitting opponents. This could be a good juggle.

Forward-Smash - SkullKid thrusts forward with power (shoulderbut-ish), Tatl and Tael also thrust forward with him.
Down-Smash - Skull Kid crouches on the ground and both fairies orbit around him, close to the ground. This is very brief, but quick.
Up-Smash - Skullkid mask-smashes upwards.

Neutral Air - Tatl/Tael flurry frantically all around Skullkid (think Bridget's Starship move in GGXX)
Down Air - Skull kid Stomps down and Tatl/Tael "stomp" too
Forward Air - Does a Sheik-esque swipe forward, Tael assisting
Up Air - Skullkid swipes with his left, then swipes with his right hand above his head
Back Air - Skull kid spins backwards swiping with Tatl (spins like Jiggs Back-Air)

B - Skull Kid shoots a 3burst pellet shot from his flute. If you hold it in for an extra second or two he shoots a 5. Low damage.

Down B - Mask Stare - This is kind of like Mewtwo'd Disable. If the mask stare hits you, you turn into a Deku scrub and are paralyzed for a few seconds, just like Mewtwos.

Forward B - Tentacle Lash. A bunch of tentacles shoot forward out of the mask and lash anything in front of Skull Kid.

Up B - Skull Kid Teleports using Majoras Mask.

Grab - Reaches forward with both arms and grabs.
Throw forward - Skull Kid stomps forward, kicking opponent away.
Throw down - Skull kid throws the opponent down and Tatl/tael pound the opponent a couple times (like fox shooting with the blaster)
Throw Back - Skullkid does a 180 degree swing throw
Throw Up - SkullKid tosses the opponent up and Tatl hits him up again

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Skull Kid... Funny, ever since Brawl was accounced, the big hype around Skull Kid was all gone. Which I don't think is fair, since he's a very unique character and actually IMPORANT to the franchise he hails from -nothing like Sheik for example... =/

I don't want to spoil anything for anyone but Skull Kid is also in Twilight Princess. He doesn't has a mayor role, nor it was ever explained that the character actually IS him (which I doubt) but he's there nonetheless.

!!SPOILERS!!
In Twilight Princess the Skull Kid guides Link and Midna to the Sacred Grove, the place where the Master Sword and the Temple of Time are hidden. He carries a lantarn and a flute with him, and still plays Saria's Song with it. You have to follow Skull Kid trough a forest which looks alot like the Kokiri Forest (or whatever it's called in OoT), and when you enter the same room as him, he'll blow his flute. When he does so, puppets come falling below and attack Link... It would be intressting if he had a move like that into his moveset.
!!SPOILERS!!

Honestly, even though I've played Majora's Mask I've never gotten too far... I'm not too found of the system of the game, but I might pick it up later. But I do think Skull Kid has alot of potential for a moveset, but I'm not really sure about him actually making it into the roster.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I agree, hes very unique in MM, he became on of my most fav. bosses of all time, and was just plain evil, But now that TP is finally released, I doubt we'll c skull kid in brawl, its been 10 years, and still no sight of skull kid with majoras mask, not even in sakurais poll, which saddened me, im still hoping to c him, but I wouldnt get my hopes up...

Slash & Daniel´s

Smash Rookie
Well ive come with some ideas dor the moveset ( Dude i REJECT the skull trow right away ) but first transformation SHOULD be the norm for skull kid i mean how can you ignore all of the MM transformations ???? i got an idea for B attacks Moveset :

Skull Kid Form

B : Slingshot , may be charged

B-side: Flute Rhapsody , if done in the range of the opponent it will mess up controler ex : instead of jumping with X or Y you jump with Z , instead of moveing left if you press left u move right that stuff.

B- Up: Dark Mirage Warp , if this doesnt self explain itself then nothing will just sumthing like shiek , except its a warp and its black with purple.

B-down: Alt Majora KId

Majora KId :

B : transforms into the Mask and shoots some Lasers around

B-side : Majoras Wrath transforms and slams you with the tentacles , max 6 hits in a row, you need to do it with timing though.

B-Up: Majoras incarnation , this guy has ridicoulous speed , so the attack has to follow the game, He will shoot the lights he shot in the game but , he will be propelled upwards ( all these done fastly)

thats all i could come up with is someone wanna make the A attacks just post em.

Slash & Daniel´s

Smash Rookie
hmmmmmmmm i got an idea maybe in a grab ? he could throw him down and have his puppets attack or in his skull kid form his b-side could bea a 3 puppet attack that lasts 10 secs ? dunno i was inventing what i could.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Here is a moveset I made up for skull kid.

A attacks

A- Slaps enemy with flute/blowgun
Continuous A- Spins flute/blowgun

Dash attack- Cartwheel

Strong attacks

A sideways- Kick
A up- stabs flute/blowgun upward
A down- flute/blowgun attack to knee

Smash attacks

A sideways- Pulls face back and headbutts foward
A down- Tatl and Tael fly upward from the ground on both sides of him
A up- Spins flute/blowgun in the air

Air attacks

Neutral air- Tatl and Tael spin around him
Foward air- Tatl and Tael fly in front of him
Back air- Tatl and Tael fly backwards and hit those behind him
Down air- Faces down and starts to spin

Grab attacks

A- slap to face with flute/blowgun
Directional throws- Throws them in said direction with telekinesis

B attacks

B-Fire beam- Shoots beam of fire from mask can be charged

B sideways- Blowgun- Shoots deku seeds from flute/blowgun can shoot a maximum of 10 before he has to stop weak but has long range little to no knockback

B down- Deku soul- Looks to screen and mask starts shaking anyone in range of the waves coming out of the mask turns into a deku scrub for limited time and is stunned

B up- flute copter- spins flute/blowgun in air to fly for a few seconds

Super smash- Moon- Brings the moon down

Taunt- Slaps his butt at the screen

Victory pose 1- Levitates and laughs
Victory pose 2- Lifts up mask and looks at screen
Victory pose 3- Plays flute

Entrance- Mask fades in the rest of him soon follows

The reason I said flute/blowgun instead of picking one is because they are the same thing.

Tell me if I forgot anything or if you have a suggestion.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I would orgasm all over myself a few times. Skull Kid in Brawl would make my day, no, not just day, it would make my year.

Top Bottom