• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How cool would it be if Skull Kid was in SSBB?

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
Those are the only kind of ideas I have jk rotfl. Yeah I just thought about to stop the stupid Tingle for Brawl thing and Yeah I say alternate costume for Balloon fighter if he is in there which I doubt it by a long shot maybe like a stage background like the shy guys in yoshi island.

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
well if tingle wasn't my map giver idea then who know what he'll be.*gets serious and talks in a demonic tone* but if he was a playable character then *insert a slur of cuss words and wtf'ness* in the game.

nameless14

Smash Cadet
I know its not gonna happen but I just wanted to share a thought. what if the happy mask man was a character and he like threw ninja dart masks or something crazy like that. I dont know about you but something seriously freaks me out about that man in Majoras mask.

nameless14

Smash Cadet
GRRR! there isnt a single comment I make that hasnt already been made! wow this is a big site....

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Since NOAS's post made no sense I will also get back on topic. If you think Tingle has a chance stop smoking the crack. Skull Kid has the highest chances of a new Zelda character and the only one with a chance close to his is Vaati.

kmokmo

Smash Cadet
Since NOAS's post made no sense I will also get back on topic. If you think Tingle has a chance stop smoking the crack. Skull Kid has the highest chances of a new Zelda character and the only one with a chance close to his is Vaati.
ah how i wish this were true, sadly though tingle does have a moderate chance, seeing how he is really popular in japan

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
Tingle does in fact have a considerable chance. He has appeared in many Zelda games and he also has starred in two of his own games, making him the only Zelda character with a starring role other than Link. I suggest you'd not count him out simply because you may not like him. In fact, his lack of popularity outside Japan is the only thing going against him. I'm not fond of him myself, but he has a fair chance and I accept that. What's so hard about that?

Alright, here's a simple question I've been wondering about quite a while. What purpose might Skull Kid's inclusion serve? What makes his chances so high in your opinion?
As I see it, Vaati, Midna and Tingle are all more significant and therefore come before him.

It's just a simple question so don't get me wrong, it's not like my intentions are to create one of those big stupid arguments with lots of flaming and name-calling. I'm just curious and I would appreciate it if a Skull Kid supporter would answer my question.

nameless14

Smash Cadet
Actually I think you are kind of right... or in my opinion anyway... I think that Skull kid would be the greatest character ever on SSB but Tingle has occured in a ton more games than skull kid...

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Tingle does in fact have a considerable chance. He has appeared in many Zelda games and he also has starred in two of his own games, making him the only Zelda character with a starring role other than Link. I suggest you'd not count him out simply because you may not like him. In fact, his lack of popularity outside Japan is the only thing going against him. I'm not fond of him myself, but he has a fair chance and I accept that. What's so hard about that?

Alright, here's a simple question I've been wondering about quite a while. What purpose might Skull Kid's inclusion serve? What makes his chances so high in your opinion?
As I see it, Vaati, Midna and Tingle are all more significant and therefore come before him.

It's just a simple question so don't get me wrong, it's not like my intentions are to create one of those big stupid arguments with lots of flaming and name-calling. I'm just curious and I would appreciate it if a Skull Kid supporter would answer my question.
1. Sakurai said himself he wasn't picking characters based solely on popularity not only that he said he would focus on more of an international audience so you can kiss Tingles chances goodbye because of those two things.

2. Skull Kid may not seem it but he is very important to the series. He may have been unimportant in OoT but in MM he was a main character and in TP he plays an important role which I'm not going to say lest I spoil the game for someone. Also the only character you listed with a real chance is Vaati. Midna is too new to the series and I already said why Tingle won't get in.

nameless14

Smash Cadet
Skull kid didnt play an important role in TP! he only says like 3 words! and everytime you slash him he just gets up and laughs! They really could have filled in skullkids place with some other monster if they wanted to.

nameless14

Smash Cadet
But they still could have used some other monster instead of him. but in Majoras mask the skull kid is essential. it would not be majoras mask without him but Majoras mask was only 1 game and It wasnt a big of a hit as Oot was.

nameless14

Smash Cadet
well I mean. for a ton of years skull kid was invisible! he kinda just came and died. after majoras mask he really wasnt introduced at all. And I think that Skull kid in TP was for all those zelda fans who just wanted a blast to the past with a brief character that was shone before. It really wasnt for anything else.

kmokmo

Smash Cadet

well ill admit he doesnt have too high of a chance but he has been in three games, he was technically a villain, and we really need a light villain in the game (the villains we have are heavy, well except mewtwo), plus he could also serve as a middle man if need be (what i mean is he's not good or evil) cause we dont really have much of those. but really his chances arent too high but they are at least moderately good. also i could see him as a floaty type character so he could be good in the air (improving the airiel combat a little) but thats just my opinion.

and really MM was a good game and it was underrated so for us people who actually gave it the credit it's due we should at least get to see this guy again (i hope)

another thought, if they plan on releasing MM on VC (doubt it but that would be cool) he could also act as an advertisement

nameless14

Smash Cadet
Dont get me wrong. Majoras mask was an awsome game I mean I got it before I got Oot! but I just think that he is not going to make it. I think Zant has a better chance at getting it than skullkid.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
The reason skull kid was in TP was because of where he lived. Skull Kid lived in the lost woods so when link had to go there that gave them an opportunity to bring skull kid back.

EDIT: Zant has no chance for the same reason as Midna he is a new character and won't get in over a character with history like skull kid.

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
Ok... Tingle, Vaati, Midna, and Skull Kid ALL have a chance of being in Brawl. I don't predict seeing Tingle playable, but I will give my 2 cents on this popularity thing.

Jigglypuff was very popular in Japan earlier, and that was why she was included in Smash. So--That could work for Tingle too.

--

Now, Skull Kid may not have had major roles in many games, but he is the most important character from MM other than Link. MM was a very fun game, and the only reason why it wasn't uberly popular was because it was in the shadow of OOT. (I personaly like MM better.)

Vaati, however, has been the villan of THREE games if I'm not mistaken.
'
So--Vaati gets my vote for most likely Zelda character.

Edit: Well, I do agree that Zant has low chances. But Midna>Zant. Just because its a new game doesn't mean that characters from that game are automatically de-confirmed from Brawl. Just look at Roy. :D.

kmokmo

Smash Cadet
Jigglypuff was very popular in Japan earlier, and that was why she was included in Smash. So--That could work for Tingle too.
Truth

Now, Skull Kid may not have had major roles in many games, but he is the most important character from MM other than Link. MM was a very fun game, and the only reason why it wasn't uberly popular was because it was in the shadow of OOT. (I personaly like MM better.)
i liked MM better too

Vaati, however, has been the villan of THREE games if I'm not mistaken.
'
So--Vaati gets my vote for most likely Zelda character.
yep three games i believe but he was different looking in each game (like that really matters) while skull kid basically stayed the same (other than the blue in TP). also i'd like to know if Vaati has a fanbase cause im not really sure if he does or doesn't (probably does though) and if he does then he stands a way better chance than skull kid (but one can dream can't they)

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
I'd say that every single character has at least a small fanbase.

I know Vaati has a fanbase on the Nsider forums.

I think a lot of the people who want skull kid don't post a forums, though. The type that doesn't like to communicate, like one of my friends.

nameless14

Smash Cadet
I love skull kid I just dont think he will make it even though I really wish he would! I am just being honest!

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
What the? This was most certainly not what I thought to get for an answer. You simply restated what you've said before. Whatever then, I guess I will state why I don't agree.

1. Sakurai said himself he wasn't picking characters based solely on popularity not only that he said he would focus on more of an international audience so you can kiss Tingles chances goodbye because of those two things.
Well, did you even read what I said? If you think popularity doesn't matter that much, wouldn't it actually INCREASE Tingle's chances? What I mentioned was his significance, not popularity, because his lack of popularity outside Japan is the only thing going against him.

2. Skull Kid may not seem it but he is very important to the series. He may have been unimportant in OoT but in MM he was a main character and in TP he plays an important role which I'm not going to say lest I spoil the game for someone. Also the only character you listed with a real chance is Vaati. Midna is too new to the series and I already said why Tingle won't get in.
Skull Kid important? To Majora's Mask, yes, he's fairly important. To the series? I disagree about that one.
Let's see, OoT. His role was incredibly minor and he didn't do anything that would make him the least bit significant to the series.
In MM, he was fairly important, being the third most important character in the game, after Link and the mask.
In TP, his role was also very minor. Sure, he's a miniboss-like enemy before the Master Sword, but does that really matter? It doesn't really have any importance in the overall story of TP.
Doesn't seem like that important a history here. The only game he had an important role in is now seven years old.

And about Midna, being too new to the series didn't stop Roy. Besides, her role was actually more important in TP than any other possible Zelda character's roles in their respective games. Throw in the fact that TP is the latest mainstream Zelda and the one game Link and most likely Zelda and Ganondorf are going to get their looks from and there you have it, she has a fair chance.
Not to mention that she already has managed to gain a massive fanbase.

I'm still looking for a reason, I guess. I still don't understand why you think Skull Kid would have such a big chance.:ohwell:
Wanting a character in is a different thing though. I'm alright with you claiming that you would like him in, but as I see it right now, you're saying he has a big chance simply because you like him.

Nameless14, it's always good to see a person who is reasonable despite his/her like/dislike for a character. Props to you.

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
did you happen to see my answer to your question?
Oh, I must have missed your post somehow.

I'm afraid you misunderstood me a bit. I do in fact think that MM was a great game. I just personally doubt Skull Kid's chances and I was wondering just why exactly some people claim he has such a high chance of getting into Brawl while there are both more important and more popular characters from the series. But from what I understood from your post, you aren't one of these people anyway.

What I wanted to know was why they would consider adding Skull Kid over one of those characters, but the reasons you gave me seemed to be more about why you personally would like him in.
While I may not necessarily agree with some on your points such as Brawl needing a lightweight villain, I respect your opinion. I'm still not convinced he has a high chance though, but whatever, I don't really care anymore.

Well, I guess I'll leave this argument at that because I don't want to be a hypocrite. I did say that I didn't want to start one after all. Besides, it's pretty obvious that soon enough we would just keep repeating ourselves so let's just stop it before it gets too big and agree to disagree.

Top Bottom