• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Can We Know the Universe If We Cannot Understand Mr.G&W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
The Power of Knowledge​

Have you ever pondered to yourself what Mr.Game&Watch represents in this complex and modern world that we live in? In this analysis of Mr.G&W, we will look at the specific move-set of Mr.G&W and find out the meaning of each of his moves and appearance. If you feel that you will not benefit from this analysis, then skip this post.

The multiple costumes of Mr.G&W-As we know, Mr. G&W comes in different colors. These different colors represent the many types of people that coexist in the same world. Mr.G&W as a whole represents knowledge, and knowledge will eventually erase racism and prejudice throughout the world.

N-air-The parachute represents that knowledge will save you from ignorance just as a parachute saves a person from falling at regular gravity. Basically, the more gravity that you have, then the more ignorance you behold. In this case, Mr.Game&Watch represents an individual who is completely free of ignorance, but at the same time, is mocked for both his appearance and his position in the ssbm tier chart list.

F-air-The book of knowledge. Self-explanatory

B-air-The turtle represents old age, which stands for wisdom, great knowledge, and experience. Perhaps you might be a handy turtle that advises the people for the general good.

D-air-The key of knowledge. The key is only obtainable if you realize that you are what you think. Once the key is obtained, then you can differentiate between the truth & illusion of whatever reality throws as you.

F-Smash-The burning pitchfork. The fire on the pitchfork represents the burning desire to gain knowledge.

Up-Smash-The submarine helmet represents the brain that is the deep sea of mystery. As the wearer of the helmet gradually surfaces towards the surface of the sea, the wearer gains knowledge and wisdom and is completely rid of confusion; therefore, he/she will finally understand the purpose of life itself.

Down-Smash-The double hammers. In the original Mr. Game&Watch games, both of the hammers were used by a figure similar to Mr.G&W himself to whack moles. So what can this possibly mean? The hammers represent epiphany and the figure represents knowledge. Once a person is whacked by the hammer after searching for the truth, he/she experiences a state of type of ecstasy since learning new things usually excites a person, whether good or bad. So basically, if one pops his/her own head from his/her own hole, then there is a high probability that they will realize something and gain knowledge.

F-tilt-The chair requires you to take a seat because knowledge requires a huge amount of patience.

D-tilt-The shaky floor board. Throughout life, we will encounter a huge amount of confusion, which the shaky floor board represents. Once we stop the shaking of the floor board, we will not longer be in confusion, and will actually realize that what seems to be true is really not completely true, leading us to come up with the theory that most facts that we are taught in life are doubtful.

U-tilt-The racer flag. It represents the race for knowledge that most people attempt to win. The number 1 that is on the flag stands for the common goal in everyone's mind: to be number one. However, certain people perceive themselves as being #1, until they realize half-way through the race that there will always be a person with a greater knowledge than them. A great example of this would be ourselves. We think we know everything, but what do we really know? And what don't we know?

Neutral-B-The bacon of knowledge. The bacon represents the knowledge that people regularly gain. People attempt to gain more and more knowledge, getting closer to the source of the bacon. But once they devote their whole lives gaining knowledge, they will eventually get burned by the frying pan which represents the point in a person's life when they start to question the validity of the knowledge that they gained. However, the event when the person gets burned by the pan turns into experience. And with experience comes wisdom.

Up-B-The trampoline symbolizes that all your dreams and aspirations will come true; you do not require wings to fly.

Down-B-The bucket of knowledge. The bucket collects knowledge, and as you continue to collect knowledge, you realize that it is your most powerful weapon.

Side-B-

Dash Attack-The big head of Mr.G&W. The head portrays that a person should not just use their body to fight, but also should use their big head to think.

The Taunt-The bell. It represents the beginning of the learning session just as a school rings its bell to begin classes full of knowledge.

I will add more later.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Yeah, but will your knowledge help you beat mango? Heck, will it let you go up to NorCal and beat SS?

That is the knowledge G&W needs. XD

The Phenom

Smash Lord
This is a very fun/blitheful read about it!!! I seriously appreciate this thread; I feel more connected in some way. IMAGINATION?

LOL coincidence!!! My teacher said today when the bell tolls, there shouldn't be a pomodium; it is rather time to stop of what you are doing and listen to learn(she never once before adviced this until today)....

True story no lie; I had no influence for this to occur. I didn't mess with the psychology of the class and it happened XD !!!
---------
CLASS OF 2009!!! Do you believe in INTERDIMENSIONAL -B-E-I-N-G-S-
-A-L-I-E-N-S-

Have you been 10FT. from 1?...

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
double hammers of knowledge ....represent the hard work it takes to gain knowledge and that you must work twice as hard as you were..cuz there 2 hammers not one..

judgement hammer of knowledge... shows that luck is something you shouldnt depend on, you need knowledge or else you might not pull out 9 everytime...

whatevers

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
O_O

I actually enjoyed that and it makes me play G & W almost like he's a sage now :D a confidence boost is always welcome, especially when you can connect with the character.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
i like this guy , he's not an idiot and he trys different things to think differently, what would the ICs and pichu be?i think pichu is the super taunt , a taunt so good it had to be a character

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
I like your sig. Everything. Words are created from us, as human beings, that portray something. Our creation of every words is an achievement to be proud of.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
thank you ,listen to this. your life is like a black peace of paper and everything bad is a red dot, what will you see first the one red dot or the black paper? and to think people think i am insane for this stuff. and very nice view of what i wrote ,i wrote hopeing to get people to think deeper

Skyson

Smash Ace
Expected something on Judgment.

It's probably its own mini section, a bit of wisdom on each number, representative of their value. Or something.

Veyr interesting read.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Theres an INSANE CARZY GUY!!!-I thought of the black paper first since theres affinity of me choosing that over a red dot; G&W; I am more acquainted with black then red by wearing black(on Thursdays) and thinking of death not blood; it's kinda dark in here right now which I also feel of course that it has potential in.

Red is a color that would have a higher chance of standing out in most peoples minds(school obviously) but even this doesn't do judgement to thinking of that color alone.

-Appropriate choosing of colors; they tend to represent psychological meanings because of us.(predict when I posted this without looking at the time only reading and imagining.)

!
---------
CLASS OF 2009

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
maining a low tier is better than maining the super powered marth (fox is not as easy to win with as marth) and don't you love it when pichu ***** a top tier? really people should never be told the tier list till after they pick a main that way we could have more fun with the game other than fight a bunch of fox's and marth's

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Super powered Marth? Marth is not that easy to play. I would even say that he's just as hard to play as Fox, if not more so.

Also, most character playstyles are very counter intuitive, so it doesn't matter if you know the tier list or not.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
why did you talk of the tier list earlier and with a massive disjointed hitbox it must be so hard and the fact pichu's hitbox is his head i must be so sort of amazing shuntman or something and if we want to play as someone hard (other than fox) let's play ICs

yeah another fan and tell me if the glass is half full or half empty (it's empty because you used it to it's fullest ,think (deep) about that for a min. or 3)

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
...I have no idea what you're trying to say. Try to at least check your grammar before you post.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
marth has has a huge hitbox and pichu and a few other people lack that kind of range and you didn't give a reason why it would be hard to play as marth (i know the spike is't very esay sometimes)

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
...Fox doesn't have a huge hitbox. Neither does Falco. And they're still in top tier.

Good Marths have to space. Spacing on the fly is not easy. You have to consider how big the screen is, how far zoomed in the camera is, where your opponent is going and where you're going.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
i like how this argument is going, i say something about marth and compare it to other characters and marth looks even easier to plat as and you try to defend marth , but you don't try to tell me other reasons why it's so hard to main marth and really this could go on forever because we both think we are right so let's agree to disagree and save this for later (it may pop again any ways) still it is way easier get a fair for marth than most people and all i really want is a good way to fight marth ,to get a grab or something it's hard with the ice climbers and pichu

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
i like this guy he's not an idiot and he trys different things to think differently what would the ICs and pichu be i think pichu is the super taunt a taunt so good it had to be a character thank you listen to this your life is like a black peace of paper and everything bad is a red dot what will you see first the one red dot or the black paper and to think people think i am insane for this stuff and very nice view of what i wrote i wrote hopeing to get people to think deeper maining a low tier is better than maining the super powered marth (fox is not as easy to win with as marth) and don't you love it when pichu ***** a top tier really people should never be told the tier list till after they pick a main that way we could have more fun with the game other than fight a bunch of fox's and marth's why did you talk of the tier list earlier and with a massive disjointed hitbox it must be so hard and the fact pichu's hitbox is his head i must be so sort of amazing shuntman or something and if we want to play as someone hard (other than fox) let's play ICs yeah another fan and tell me if the glass is half full or half empty (it's empty because you used it to it's fullest think (deep) about that for a min. or 3) marth has has a huge hitbox and pichu and a few other people lack that kind of range and you didn't give a reason why it would be hard to play as marth (i know the spike is't very esay sometimes) i like how this argument is going i say something about marth and compare it to other characters and marth looks even easier to plat as and you try to defend marth but you don't try to tell me other reasons why it's so hard to main marth and really this could go on forever because we both think we are right so let's agree to disagree and save this for later (it may pop again any ways) still it is way easier get a fair for marth than most people and all i really want is a good way to fight marth to get a grab or something it's hard with the ice climbers and pichu.
*shoots self*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom