• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how can the infinite jump be applied?

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
ive seen videos of demonstrations but i havent seen it being applied in battle.So can someone link me to a good vid?

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I5R8jSZXzs

If you jump, you suffer a little bit of delay when you hit the ground before you can do another action, but if you do the infinite jump, you don't take any lag. Granted, you still don't have full control, but you can still chose to move towards or away and go into another aerial/side-b.

Buuman

Smash Ace
I wish I had some vids up to show you guys from Mass Madness. Infinite jump is incredibly useful as you witnessed in that vid. Used for spacing, canceling aerials, stalling, and messing with peoples' heads aka(the most overused term on these boards) "mind games"

I ended up beating Dazwa, jynx, omegablackmage and darkcloud yesterday...just wait and punish...whats a better way to be patient and wait then using the infinite jump >=D

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that thinks its useful. It isn't something that should be spammed, but its very useful nonetheless.

While utilizing klaw-hopping you can punish the opponent quite effectively depending on their reactions. If they shield, Kooplex them. If they tend to sidestep when you come up to them with it, firebreath. If you use it to avoid an attack, you can then Fair or Kooplex them in their lag.

I personally find it to work decently against some projectile spam (Dedede) and to allow unexpected follow-ups. As Buuman stated as well, it is good for messing with the opponent's head and waiting to punish.

It is in no way an unstoppable tactic, and if you use it too much, it will become predictable, but it definitely a useful method of movement.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I ended up beating Dazwa, jynx, omegablackmage and darkcloud yesterday...just wait and punish...whats a better way to be patient and wait then using the infinite jump >=D
you got me good with it that one time

your bowser is one crazy mutha

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
If you approach with >B and the opponent dodges it, you can jump cancel and get to safety, or even mindgame them into a Fair or Bair.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The Infinite Midair jump gives Bowser a LOT more aerial mobility.

Bowser can midair autocancel aerial attacks with Infinite Jumps, keep in mind. The infinite midair jump does allow you to pull out aerial attacks more quickly in a sense while avoiding the lag of touching the ground.

Also, the infinite midair jump makes approaching with Forward B awesome.

Honestly, I think of the infinite midair jump as useful as L-canceling, but that's my opinion.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Dazwa, you better be coming to the next cataclysm bro, that Zamus of yours is hacks, hands down the best I've seen, I doubt I could have beat your Zero suit samus man. xD

But anyway guys, be creative..you don't need videos of bowser players using the infinite jump, be creative, don't be lazy, incorporate it whenever you feel like. The Technique is not a necessity, but merely an option. DO IT xD

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I might play Brawl just so I can footstool edgeguard people with Bowser more <_<.

Good ish Buu at being the Bowser Brawl player at Mass Madness.

Heroic

Smash Cadet
NEWS FLASH: there is no more side b glitch. that got corrected in the patch I guess

Buuman

Smash Ace
If so then I'm bringing version 1.0 of brawl to every tourny. Because that is a significant technique for most and dropping it would change the strategy drastically. Thats not the same as the fire breathe cancel in melee. It's too beneficial for them to just take out. They might as well get rid of snakes dash attack sliding upsmash, and the gliding toss..and the last of the (very little) A/T we have left on brawl...

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
pretty sure most tourney-goers will have version 1.0 since so many of us got it the day of release.

or you're just trolling. either way LOL.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Since when did they start patching the game itself? I thought updates were just for the wii's firmware.

On topic: Infinite jump is simply amazing. It makes the once big oaf Bowser float like a butterfly with a spikey carapace and sting like a bee with a heavy-duty nail gun.

Heroic

Smash Cadet
Well, I was playing with bowser for the first time after playing the japanese version, and I found myself unable to do the infinite jump. Is it possible that I am the only one who noticed? or maybe I was doing something wrong? I'm gonna go check this later tonight.

edit: ho and yeah, the game itself got patched after at the same time that the american version was on sale. Among other things, the lowered falco's short up so he can now hit his opponents with his lasers while jumping, the made samus's missile cancel easier to do, and they added a bit of lag on marth's fair. There must have been other changes too.

Heroic

Smash Cadet
I re-tested it, and it seems to still work somewhat. Back in the japanese verison, you could fly infinitely with it, but now, it only works if you are really close to the ground, for some reason. I may get one or two extra jump with, but it isn't really useful. Maybe to mindgame the opponent.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Whatever you say heroic. Don't use the technique then. Infinite jumping is worthless. It is just another worthless option that no bowser player needs. (People can just use it to "mindgame" the opponent)? WOW xD

Heroic

Smash Cadet
ok, third update lol. I am sorry, the technique is really still in, but it isnt as good as in the japanese version. It works, but only when you are near the ground, so, its use is really limited. Whats the problem buuman? what do you use it for?

P.E

Smash Apprentice
Could somebody tell me how to perform the bowser infinite jump, please?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Dudes, infinite jumping is very useful. <<

Whenever you land on the ground, you incur lag. Infinite jumping is almost as good as L-canceling, because it prevents you from incurring such lag. You can approach with a Klaw, and if it misses, you can infinite jump away from your opponent to make it hard for them to punish you. Bowser actually DIs at a decent speed keep in mind.

Also, you can autocancel aerial attacks with Bowser's midair jump, so by infinite jumping, you gain enough height to repeatedly initiate aerials without touching the ground.

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
I use it to move around platforms quickly and sometimes it works for briefly confusing the opponent. However, rely on it and get punished....

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
i use to hop around and make opponet mad, i also use it for fire approaches

Top Bottom