• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can I practice advanced melee techniques alone?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
should i use the same button to sheild as lcancel?
you can hold the left trigger and shield, and use the right trigger to jump out and airdodge. So you can wave dash while in shield. ;p

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
you can hold the left trigger and shield, and use the right trigger to jump out and airdodge. So you can wave dash while in shield. ;p
Personally I don't usually click the shield all the way in except when I need to powershield (vs falco), and then the shield is pretty much the same except its really easy to wavedash out of because you just have to finish the click to airdodge

For ledgeteching, I think I'm gonna try proximity mines on high in vs insead of practice mode. You can't practice autosmash DI in practice mode cause C-stick's only function is to zoom in (so lame)

Codi

Smash Ace
well if you have an action replay or if you main falco go to target test and go to <--- side and practicing teching the fire wall.

other technical skill like speed multi shines etc you can learn without any action replay

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Personally I don't usually click the shield all the way in except when I need to powershield (vs falco), and then the shield is pretty much the same except its really easy to wavedash out of because you just have to finish the click to airdodge

For ledgeteching, I think I'm gonna try proximity mines on high in vs insead of practice mode. You can't practice autosmash DI in practice mode cause C-stick's only function is to zoom in (so lame)
lol yeah it's like "Hey here's training mode, so you can practice to get better at 1player mode"

Zodiac

Smash Master
I practice alone all the time, just to keep my tech skill up, I heard that m2k practices alone to to keep up his tech skill, or did when he played melee actively.

Rykard

Smash Ace
from my experince, computers lvl 1-3 have zero combo DI but DI throws and lvl. 9s have no throw DI and great survival DI. Level 9s always hits UP as far as my game goes (version 1.0). Also, practicing against a level 9 peach is ridiculous since she Nairs you out of everything which can help you get a better idea of what may or may not work against someone

xxdavis97

Smash Rookie
NNID
OutcastCarrot97
practice against lvl 1s until you can reliably do every command.

practice against lvl 9s to get better at combos once you can do them. lvl 9s DI and attack you in your vulnerable frames pretty well. Just remember that they have no strategy and react to your commands, so if you play stupid (throwing out fsmashes), it will play stupider (walking into them to grab).
I wish I could practice on cpu Marths but they don't sword dance stall for recovery so essentially you just have to throw them off the edge at 0 percent and they are dead lol

Top Bottom