• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How are you doing with wolf?

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Well I just attended a small little tourney near my school. Nothing big enough to mention to be honest. But I destroyed everyone easily. No competition at all. In fact I was probably the only competitive player there...

Hopefully when I get back home from college I'll be able to show off my Wolf in some legit tourneys.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
people should keep posting here ^_^..i went to WSCL and did very well but technical problems in pools etc..im going back to cali now atm...woof woof baby

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
me well....im big fan of star fox as much as everyone on the this forum is but i have been improving slowly with my mastering of Wolf

I have never been n a tourney b4....im just a competitive player who likes the game and Wolf...dont kno much about tourneys so i guess u could say im a casual brawler

but ever since i found out about this forum...i have improved greatly wolf

tekkie

Smash Master
I've never been to a tournament, but I'm good enough to beat the people in my dorm.

Trying to turn it into super awesomeness.

I have a knack for doing stupid crap sometimes, but I'm fixing it.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I don't get how you can have multiple "Main characters" I mean... isn't a main your primary focus? Your main should be the person you use in a double blind. Everything else is a second. Except for Azen, he mains everyone.

tekkie

Smash Master
I don't get how you can have multiple "Main characters" I mean... isn't a main your primary focus? Your main should be the person you use in a double blind. Everything else is a second. Except for Azen, he mains everyone.
Easy. You just don't give a crap and you play with a selection of people and learn to use all of them. (The quality of how well you use them is variable, of course.)

I am getting amazing with wolf i am finding myself going for things with his side B and succesfully completing them 80% of the time
It's usually a risky move. And I'd be careful calling myself "amazing".

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I'm getting better than I was before (i.e. last time I posted in this thread). Now that I've been to a few tournaments, I've found myself reading others more consistently while still being unpredictable. I've cut down on overly risky maneuvers, and have gotten much better at DI.

And I also find it kind of sad that I'm usually the only Wolf player at tourneys ;_;

tedeth

Smash Master
Hey guys I don't post on the Wolf boards much but just thought I'd let people know how I'm going. I've been competing for a few months now and I think my wolf is getting pretty decent. I'm from Australia so it's not a huge smash scene but I came third In a tournament 2 weeks ago and second at one last weekend. Even managed to knock off a guy who was once considered Australia's best MK player which was good considering the matchup. Ended up getting beaten in the finals by a R.O.B player though.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Everyone mentions Azen when talking about maining everyone and they overlook ninjalink who's actually use random in a tournament. They should say "Azen and NL are the only people that can do well with everyone" not just Azen. NL goes to almost every character board and posts vids of him beasting with that character, Azen hasn't done that...

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
thanks S.O.L.I.D. for sticking up for me. I get alot crap about that. Everyone bytches about me using characters and no one says **** to azen for doin the exact same thing. Its annoying. Can u believe i was just doin a friendly with m2k using fox and someone randomly called me and said 'WHY DID YOU GO FOX?!' like it was a tourney match. Wtf is wrong with these ppl.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Touche, NinjaLink's too good. But still, Azen maining everyone was a joke. and hasn't NL said that he doesn't have a main? How can I see NL mains everyone when he's stated the exact opposite? Besides, I'm just a West Coast scrub, my opinion shouldn't be important... >_>

Zen127

Smash Apprentice
thanks S.O.L.I.D. for sticking up for me. I get alot crap about that. Everyone bytches about me using characters and no one says **** to azen for doin the exact same thing. Its annoying. Can u believe i was just doin a friendly with m2k using fox and someone randomly called me and said 'WHY DID YOU GO FOX?!' like it was a tourney match. Wtf is wrong with these ppl.
I think people did the exact same thing when I beat you our first set in PnT. Why not...you know..start maining Diddy so you won't get endless "****" coming from random people?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I think people did the exact same thing when I beat you our first set in PnT. Why not...you know..start maining Diddy so you won't get endless "****" coming from random people?
OR...how bout...not caring what anyone says......? Sounds better.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
OR...how bout...not caring what anyone says......? Sounds better.
yawn hehe,so many ways not to care bout people yawn,ive heard stories from sethlon about ur roy hehe so ill never give you crap ;)

id really like to know how the wolf players are doing though >.>

updated for me though,i got 7th in a 50 man tournament,lost to an mk who got 4th :0

and then i got 4th in another tournament and 1st in teams but i dont know if teams matter,there was um 20 ish teams and i was teamed with ultimate razer,watch his vids on snake boards he is FAST!

Sylvan

Smash Apprentice
I'm an ok wolf. . . I haven't played brawl in months due to being on holidays, but I have ranked highly in local tournies. When I get back I'll probably start to really increase my game.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
yawn hehe,so many ways not to care bout people yawn,ive heard stories from sethlon about ur roy hehe so ill never give you crap ;)

id really like to know how the wolf players are doing though >.>

updated for me though,i got 7th in a 50 man tournament,lost to an mk who got 4th :0

and then i got 4th in another tournament and 1st in teams but i dont know if teams matter,there was um 20 ish teams and i was teamed with ultimate razer,watch his vids on snake boards he is FAST!
I'm glad ppl know about my roy. Everyone was ignorant about roy players.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
I'm glad ppl know about my roy. Everyone was ignorant about roy players.
nah i didnt use roy but i love roy players hehe

you sethlon and neo are win,instantly

roy players are top tier.period.

but yeah do you use wolf in brawl at all?

ask sethlon,matchupwiser,i consider him the roy of brawl.

like matchups and hard counter wise etc..think about it hehe..

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
nah i didnt use roy but i love roy players hehe

you sethlon and neo are win,instantly

roy players are top tier.period.

but yeah do you use wolf in brawl at all?

ask sethlon,matchupwiser,i consider him the roy of brawl.

like matchups and hard counter wise etc..think about it hehe..
i wouldnt be here if i didnt

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering if it would b possible to spar against some you wolf players...

I have been improving my technique but im curious of some you guys who I have been here with on the forums...

Just a small request

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
on the East Coast....i take it some of you are not into Wifi battles....

y?? is it bcuz of lag??

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
If you have to say your thread is not spam, wouldn't that make it spam? I really didn't need to know that you quit Wolf. How does that help anyone else with strategy or skill?

Whatever, though. Just saying, Wolf mains don't like to hear that other Wolf mains quit maining Wolf. This is really kind of a pointless thread.

Top Bottom