• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How are you doing with wolf?

Wolfandike

Smash Apprentice
This is a Thread not spam just saying how are you people doing in tourneys now and hows your wolf going. p.s I have to say this I quit wolf.:(

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Crap. I'm limited to my city in terms of going to tournaments for the time being. I've only been to two in-person tourneys, both times getting ***** by NorCal's PR members. The only other times I get to play in-person are friendlies that I get to go to twice a month. And I'm really not placing well. As for my Wolf... decent I suppose? But I'm no where near the level I would like.

(Actually, november 8th there's a tourney in my city, so I get to see if I've improved any since last tourney...)

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I've won a couple smaller tourneys with Wolf and Fox. I'd say I'm very comfortable with them. I haven't been to a tourney since I picked up Meta Knight, but I plan on getting some wins with him as well.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
I've played in a tourney and got 9th out of 70. THe eventual winner (omegablackmage) sent me to the losers bracket, and the eventual 3rd place (dazwa) eliminated me. I've actually improved a lot since then

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
been placing first and second in my semi-local tournies, and then around 4th and 6th in bigger city tournies(all in state). Won a few big tournies.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I'm going to a 40-45 person tourney on the 1st (of Nov.) and I hope I'll place well, although I think I might be going mostly Marth, with a little Wolf and GnW also. It isn't very big, but there are big names going like Kirk and Omniswell and Anther.

And I might be teaming with Omni in doubles if all goes well, and I'm for sure playing Anther in friendlies.

Oh and it's my first tourney.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
SOLID since when do you main marth? did i miss something?
Since like a month and a half after Brawl came out. I main him, second Wolf and GnW and I have a pretty **** good Ike and Falco IMO, and play Lucario, Sheik, Fox, MK, and IC's decently (MK is good, it's hard not to have a good MK)/for fun. I'm not dedicted enough to play more then 4-5 characters WELL.

Patinator

Smash Champion
This is a Thread not spam just saying how are you people doing in tourneys now and hows your wolf going. p.s I have to say this I quit wolf.:(
*Record scratch*

Hold. Why would you quit Wolf, and move on to... To... Toon Link?! O_o;;;

IF YOU DON'T PLAY WOLF, YOU DON'T BELONG HERE.

Fine, I guess I'm kidding...

I've never been to a tournament, but I could probably take on Azen.

If he played Falcon and I played- OMG!- Meta Knight....

*Slaps self* But really, I'm only about 30% confident in my abilities. :p

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

WulfFla$h

Smash Cadet
I'd say my Wolf is pretty good, but I still have to master the 0-lag Fair and the boost smash.
If I master them, I hope my Wolf will get better.

Wolfandike

Smash Apprentice
*Record scratch*

Hold. Why would you quit Wolf, and move on to... To... Toon Link?! O_o;;;

IF YOU DON'T PLAY WOLF, YOU DON'T BELONG HERE.

Fine, I guess I'm kidding...

I've never been to a tournament, but I could probably take on Azen.

If he played Falcon and I played- OMG!- Meta Knight....

*Slaps self* But really, I'm only about 30% confident in my abilities. :p
Im crazy good with wolf almost lucien good I played him and pit when brawl came out I quitbecause he is such a boring charater to play i like fun playing styless for me thats toon link lucario and sonic.

Jacob21

Smash Rookie
:) i love my little wolfy apart from its like the 2nd day ive played him..... ive never been to a torny and i probly wont for a few years... ive nearly beat some one who goes to tornys regualy witch im so prowd of :)

Jacob21

Smash Rookie
i gess i dont belong on this thread :( im not good enough to be in the glow off you legends *kneels on the floor with respect*

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
i like to tell myself that im pretty good with wolf. and i got 22nd with wolf and peach in a big mass tourney (80 people i think...)

i have given good players a run for their money with my wolf tho :D

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
I can say I'm decent with him. I can put up a lot of resistance against better players, but I guess I need to work on being less predictable with my b-airs and time my boost smashes a little better too. I might have to restrain from trying to shine combo so much too.

Yea my Wolf is crap no need to say it out loud. :(

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
^ Don't worry about the predictability thing too much, it'll improve as you play more people. That's still my biggest problem ._. I'm at the point where almost everything I need to improve on is a general thing, mostly perfecting the basics. They are, after all, what seperates a great player from the rest.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
i like to tell myself that im pretty good with wolf. and i got 22nd with wolf and peach in a big mass tourney (80 people i think...)

i have given good players a run for their money with my wolf tho :D
Are you talking about mass madness?

I played in that tourney too. Did we wolf ditto or something? I went under the alias JJ

Onocron

Smash Rookie
Well seeing as Utah is a dead smash state I'm not going to be heading for a tournament any time soon. Even if there was one, Mom's probably going to think some pedophile lives there. So no tournaments for me.

Wolf's probably one of my best, but is still pretty crappy compared to people on Neoseeker, and if I were to compare it here on smashboards I'd get flamed for sucking. D:

Offline though, my Wolf holds up very well against my friends. Hasn't lost once, but most of them aren't competetive. :/

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I tend to attempt spikes far too often and constantly jump into the ****, and I don't use smash DI or even know what it does compared to regular DI. I've also never been to a tournament nor have I played any non-wifi/cpu matches in months.

So all in all, pretty **** good. :)

Rythe

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'm okay. I haven't really played people that seem to have a lot of skill like what I watch in tourney videos. Then again, I guess I don't use advanced techniques too much either. I've never actually been to a tourney.

egan

Smash Rookie
I just found wolf and noticed how fun and awsome he is and plan to try and get at least decent with him

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I just found wolf and noticed how fun and awsome he is and plan to try and get at least decent with him
Good luck with that. It took a while for me to warm up to Wolf to be honest. I knew I wanted to main him but I didn't like him at first. It just takes time to get used to using him.

JCav

Smash Lord
dude seriously, you want to drop wolf. play in any of his stupid matchups and hes done unless you play an absolutely flawless match

egan

Smash Rookie
i dont think i can resist giving him a shot though iv been pownd before ill deal lol

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
dude seriously, you want to drop wolf. play in any of his stupid matchups and hes done unless you play an absolutely flawless match
So would you tell all the low tier professionals to drop their mains? Let the guy play with who he chooses =P

Wattage

Smash Rookie
So would you tell all the low tier professionals to drop their mains? Let the guy play with who he chooses =P
Agreed. Different characters fit different people better. Personally I have a great time with Wolf.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
yer hi im kalo and as far as national placings with wolf... >.> nobody does better than which..but at the same time its not that good..by doing better i mean the powerranked people i have beaten..i play in texas and get 13th ish out of 120-150 but.. -_- its hard competition...ive only gotten top 19 in like 4 out of 10 tournies..too hard...

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
I've been to like two tournies total and they were just at my college.
The first was a week after release of brawl and I took first place using Wolf.
The 2nd one was just last month, went undefeated using Wolf.

The competition around here is slim, two of my friends are pretty decent. They main Marth and Snake. I do consistently well against the Marth, I win most games. The Snake is about 50/50.

Top Bottom