• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How about Mia for Brawl?

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Many people seem to want more female charcters in brawl and the Swordmaster class is argueably the best class in the Fire Emblem series because of thier increased critical chance and high luck to compliment it. I thought Mia would be easier to make a Brawl character out of tahn the GBA sword masters because she already is in 3D although her graphics should be be more detailed for Brawl they would have a basis for her. I choice Mia over the lords because she is a female chracter and she could make an interesting character for Brawl if they incorporate the swordmasters critical hit chance instead of just being another sword fighter like the lord would be. I choice her over the male swordmasters because the female's stats max out at a lowers strength level so that they could make her a really weak character physically and still make her a very fast character playing of the classes speed from the series. Also if she is a weaker character she won't seem to have a major advantage over the others characters because of her speed and the chance to do a critical hit. The critical if it were incorporated would do three times her normal damage just like in the series, however to compensate for this advantage every standard shot would do only 3/4 the damage a standard chracter could deal like Marth. The critical would onlyhave a 15% chance to take effect just like the bonus given to the class in her series. She would be fast and have a low knockback aswell except the critical would increase her knockback aswell. I think that if her critical strikes were added that she would be an interesting character to play as because it wouldn't just be a matter of skill needed to master her she would also rely partly on luck. Please argue for or against and tell me whta you think about the critical strike for her aswell as this could also be done for Lyn if she were to make it in, but it wouldmakemoresense for a swordmaster to have so I support a representative from the swordmaster class.

Possible moveset
Inate staus-Ability to charge all smash attacks is lessened so power and knockback is lessened to balance the critical strikes.
standard A combo-similar to Marth's standard sword dance combo only with les knock back and power.
Smash-Quick horizontal stab
Tilt A-Quick horizontal slash
Up Smash-think Marth's up tilt
Up tilt-Quicker version of the Up Smash withless power and knockback
Down Smash-Low kick that stuns the opponent a litlle bit(comboable)
Down tilt-sweeping slash only attacks in the forward direction.
Arials-something similar to Marth's arials would be good only having lowers sweeping distance and less range.
UpB-?
B-?
Down B-comboable Parry with considerablelag if it misses it would stay proned for the counter only a short while.
Towards B-Running slash that knocks the opponent staight up if it hits. Running speed is increased slightly and the power of the attack is greatly decrease, but has better pop-up abilities.
Super-Astra
If anyone can think of anything better Please post it.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I think its a good idea and you seem to have it planned pretty well. I like the idea of the critical. It seems like it would work great. I found a picture but it isnt very good. Ill try to find a better one. Dont mind the stats they really dont mean anything towards brawl if she is in.

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/001/001982/img_2741139.html
http://media.cube.ign.com/media/001/001982/img_2741098.html
http://media.cube.ign.com/media/001/001982/img_2785326.html

heres a sketch of her:
http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/Merle08/My drawings/?action=view&current=MiabyMerle.jpg

Sorry I couldnt find anything else Dweller.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah I know who she is, well i dont know much about GE characters, but wasnt there a green haired girl, think her name is Lyn, I think shes more popular, but meh What do I know... think of a good moveset then ill give ya my fianl answer lo...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I think you need to organise your 1st post alittle better and maybe work on posting a moveset TBD. But otherwise a great suggestion. I must admit I'm having a hard time deciding just who I want from the FE crowd, as long as they keep Marth (and Roy, but he's most liely getting th axe... :( ).

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Yeah I know who she is, well i dont know much about GE characters, but wasnt there a green haired girl, think her name is Lyn, I think shes more popular, but meh What do I know... think of a good moveset then ill give ya my fianl answer lo...
Yeah she was the main lord for the first Fire Emblem released in america on the GBA I just like the idea of the critical hit so I wanted a representative from a class that got a critical boost so it could be implemented. I do like the idea of Lyn as she would have the same stats and probably have the same moveset withe the exception of her being able to use a bow, but she would just add another sword fighter if the critical system were added because a representative of the swordmaster class were added it would make a more interesting character in my opinion than just another sword fighter. For the critical system think Peach's turnips only a little less dramatic so so that she can perform the critical more often without being criticized for requiring no skill to use.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
A guy I really want for Brawl from the FE series, is the dark knight of PoR, his look is completely badass...
He would be a final boss or something.

back on topic: The swordsmaster class and their criticals need to be represented. I think you need a moveset.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
He would be a final boss or something.

back on topic: The swordsmaster class and their criticals need to be represented. I think you need a moveset.
I added a moveset, but it could use alot of work. Also I think that the BlackKnight would be close to Bowser in turns of lag after his attacks and he would be an extremely fast faller so his recoveries would suffer so I really can't see him making a good character. I wouldn't mind him if they didn't screw him up horribly.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
B^ maybe this could be a backflip where she slashes her sword. I really have no idea. I think Im going to play this again just to get an idea for an attack.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Yeah, but I would really like to see the swordsmaster class represented. I suppose Lyn isa more logical choice and they could give her the critical strikes because she was good at them in her game just not as good as the swordsmasters were she also had about equal strength so they she is basically a swordmaster without the critical boost, so I guess she would work aswell. However they would need to do more work with her as she doesn't have as good of a 3D model already made.

bbb

Smash Champion
So the premise of this thread is that every character class in FE needs representation, or just the ones with cool crits? If it's the later I recomend Jaffar (I think that's his name) or any of the other Assassins. However Mia and Jaffar both seem kinda obscure. I never played PoR.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
So the premise of this thread is that every character class in FE needs representation, or just the ones with cool crits? If it's the later I recomend Jaffar (I think that's his name) or any of the other Assassins. However Mia and Jaffar both seem kinda obscure. I never played PoR.
JAFFAR, I LOVED ALADIN!!!!!!!

Wrench

Smash Apprentice
Lyn would have an extreamly higher chance of gettin in than mia. I'd have a probelm with mia for a while if they put her in (which i find unlikely) but she would be a fun addition

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Lyn would have an extreamly higher chance of gettin in than mia. I'd have a probelm with mia for a while if they put her in (which i find unlikely) but she would be a fun addition
I would definately have to agree with this guy. Lyn has a way better chance.

Bobby Emerald

Smash Apprentice
Many people seem to want more female charcters in brawl and the Swordmaster class is argueably the best class in the Fire Emblem series because of thier increased critical chance and high luck to compliment it. I thought Mia would be easier to make a Brawl character out of tahn the GBA sword masters because she already is in 3D although her graphics should be be more detailed for Brawl they would have a basis for her. I choice Mia over the lords because she is a female chracter and she could make an interesting character for Brawl if they incorporate the swordmasters critical hit chance instead of just being another sword fighter like the lord would be. I choice her over the male swordmasters because the female's stats max out at a lowers strength level so that they could make her a really weak character physically and still make her a very fast character playing of the classes speed from the series. Also if she is a weaker character she won't seem to have a major advantage over the others characters because of her speed and the chance to do a critical hit. The critical if it were incorporated would do three times her normal damage just like in the series, however to compensate for this advantage every standard shot would do only 3/4 the damage a standard chracter could deal like Marth. The critical would onlyhave a 15% chance to take effect just like the bonus given to the class in her series. She would be fast and have a low knockback aswell except the critical would increase her knockback aswell. I think that if her critical strikes were added that she would be an interesting character to play as because it wouldn't just be a matter of skill needed to master her she would also rely partly on luck. Please argue for or against and tell me whta you think about the critical strike for her aswell as this could also be done for Lyn if she were to make it in, but it wouldmakemoresense for a swordmaster to have so I support a representative from the swordmaster class.

Possible moveset
Inate staus-Ability to charge all smash attacks is lessened so power and knockback is lessened to balance the critical strikes.
standard A combo-similar to Marth's standard sword dance combo only with les knock back and power.
Smash-Quick horizontal stab
Tilt A-Quick horizontal slash
Up Smash-think Marth's up tilt
Up tilt-Quicker version of the Up Smash withless power and knockback
Down Smash-Low kick that stuns the opponent a litlle bit(comboable)
Down tilt-sweeping slash only attacks in the forward direction.
Arials-something similar to Marth's arials would be good only having lowers sweeping distance and less range.
UpB-?
B-?
Down B-comboable Parry with considerablelag if it misses it would stay proned for the counter only a short while.
Towards B-Running slash that knocks the opponent staight up if it hits. Running speed is increased slightly and the power of the attack is greatly decrease, but has better pop-up abilities.
Super-Astra
If anyone can think of anything better Please post it.

Now, I don't know if she is or not, but if she's not a lord, there's no chance of her being in Brawl. Just pointing out.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes she's rather minor, but she has direct ties with Ike, she's female, appeared on Sakurai's list thus rather populair and returning with the Greil Mercencaries in FE10 with an unique sword; Wo Dao. I wouldn't get my hopes on her either, but it's not true that she has 0% change of appearing...

Also, she's a funny character. :)

Tedius Zanarukando

Smash Apprentice
I want the Swordmaster class represented in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but with Ayra (aka Ira) instead of Mia. Ayra from FE4 is a better choice to represent the Swordmaster class than Mia. She is Fire Emblem's first Swordmaster and the first to use Ryuuseiken (or Astra) skill. Mia is also confused with a Golden Sun character of the same U.S. name. The moveset I proposed for Ayra is much different from the one moveset proposed on this thread.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I dunno, Arya is Japan only while Mia was in a worldwide released game, soon to be 2 (though it's already been released in Japan), and actually appeared in Sakurai's poll. Arya may be the first swordsmaster but I don't think that helps her chances much. And seeing as neither FE Mia or GS Mia's Japanese name are actually Mia (Wayu and Mary respectively) I don't think that matters much.

That said I don't see Mia getting in, though I love the idea of a swordmaster and I've always been fonder of the female ones. I can really only see her getting in on the very small chance that Marth won't return and Sakurai only has internationally known FE characters, leaving a slot open for a lithe and fast sword user (as opposed to the more power based Ike). So really I doubt she'll get in. Which is a pity, because I'd seriously main her if she did.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
I agree as the swordmaster class being possibly the best in the game. Many times I had to rely on those critical strikes > >;;. I would love to see a quick and light swordsman added to the game, even though her probability of getting in would be not very high...its really up to the creators ^ ^. I really like your ideas about the critical strikes, it would definitely add another 'edge' to the game.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I havent played GoD... but she was pretty minor in PoR...

worthless too...

There are also plenty of FE topics for this thread to appear in...

DNA13

Smash Apprentice

RWB

Smash Ace
Many people seem to want more female charcters in brawl and the Swordmaster class is argueably the best class in the Fire Emblem series because of thier increased critical chance and high luck to compliment it.
Sorry for answering such an old post, but... Swordmasters are pretty much considered the worst class, except for Snipers.

In what way does the luck complement the critical chance? Luck doesn't affect critical in a positive way.

The Swordmasters had two games where they pwned most other classes, FE4 and FE5. And in those, they hadn't a crit bonus.

Top Bottom