• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Esca

Smash Champion
No problem Niiro, just sit in front of your TV for about 5 hours, and you'll learn them. Practice grabbing alot.

And RT, DIE!

I love Brandon Wernick. <3

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
How to play with ICs:

1. Grab.
2. Do an ICs desynch combo of some sort. ICs boards can help you there.
3. Don't let Nana kill herself. This part is important, because she does some really REEEEEEEEEETARDED stuff sometimes. I think Gea, Gnes, and I all agree on this. Also, don't get separated.
4. ????
5. PROFIT.

With these five steps you cannot lose! And if you do...well, too bad, lol. :)

fear17

Smash Apprentice
How to play with ICs:

1. Grab.
2. Do an ICs desynch combo of some sort. ICs boards can help you there.
3. Don't let Nana kill herself. This part is important, because she does some really REEEEEEEEEETARDED stuff sometimes. I think Gea, Gnes, and I all agree on this. Also, don't get separated.
4. ????
5. PROFIT.

With these five steps you cannot lose! And if you do...well, too bad, lol. :)
Not really you also forgot you have to keep your spacing and know how to approach

Niiro

Smash Ace
???:Hey, is this Will?
Allan: No this is Allan.
???:Are you sure?
Allan: Yeah.
???:Kay, just don't Zair me.
LMAO, Xryo, you are the funniest person ever.

fear17

Smash Apprentice
yea we can play online but lets play in person!!!!

anybody wanna drink station tonight? plz PM or call me now!!!!!!!!!
I would love to go but the problem is I dont have a ride another thing i do have is gas money but i dont think nobody would like to come pik me up

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
*guesses fear does not understand jokes*

*gives up completely*

Also, go to the WHobo thread if you haven't already. All I can say is...LOL.

Niiro

Smash Ace
I don't understand why people are being so gay there. If they don't like the rules, DON'T GO AND HOST YOUR OWN TOURNAMENT AND HOPE THAT MORE PEOPLE GO TO YOUR'S. Christ.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I don't understand why people are being so gay there. If they don't like the rules, DON'T GO AND HOST YOUR OWN TOURNAMENT AND HOPE THAT MORE PEOPLE GO TO YOUR'S. Christ.
yes. plz go there and throw in your input. but i warn you. plz read AT LEAST 2-5 pages back before posting. my side and inuis needs to be heard.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Lol, I'm not known, and since i recently remade m y account, I am an 08'er, so they will disregard me. But I will see the flame battle xD

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's just stupid. People are arguing about the ruleset, even when it follows the outdated SBR guidelines. I think they forgot something called regional differences, as well as the fact that it's not their' tournament. And the SBR needs a new ruleset, but until it comes out, there's nothing to argue.

The fact that Xyro is taking suggestions is something he doesn't have to do. Heck, I may not like some of Xyro's stages, but I will defend his right to choose them as long as they aren't overly ********. And really, the only people aruging are mostly OOS, and pretty much everyone else in Texas is like, "meh." I like how the tournament is already causing stress and drama before it has even started. I can't wait until after, lol! :)

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
IC Chaingrabs are limited to 5 here but in other places its infinite. Different regions of the country have different rules son.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Even then, ICs aren't doing amazing well overall. I mean, you don't see any ICs dominating with infinites in regions where they are allowed. The only grab-limited rule I support 100% is the Dedede standing infinite because that **** is ******** and broken, and people who play those characters that are affected will lose because of something that takes no skill to do. :ohwell:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Haha, I still don't know how I did that, lol. Reverse three-stock matches are fun! :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Uh, heh, I'm not that good. There's really not much I can teach unless you play Lucario, lol. :)

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Okay, so its about time I got back to pimping this tourney out hardcore in here. I know how much you guys love it (if you don't, please allow me to direct you to my **** for you to suck on it) and it's coming up soon so I might as well.

NO KOAST

Saturday February 21st, 2009
Wichita, KS

Registration will start at 10:00 am and Singles Pools will start at 11:00 am; Doubles will begin when Singles Pools are completed; Singles start whenever Doubles are completed. GET HERE AT 10:00am! We want to run this event smoothly without any time constraint issues.

Place: All Star Sports West: Mapquest

Other Details: The tournament will be held in the Ballroom across from the arcade and next to the Go Karts. It's plenty spacious for moving around. Feel free to walk around and do whatever; just be sure to be present for your matches.

Entry Fee:
* $10 Entry for Singles
* $5 Entry for Teams ($10 per team)

Got questions? Give us a call. Leave a message if we don't answer letting us know who you are and we'll call you right back.

InfernoRage____(316) 522-2788
Affinity________(316) 390-4741

Hope to see you there!​

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Gnes is amazing...but he plays Diddy, and Diddy is broken. ;)

Oh yeah, in regards to UH dorm smash, I don't know if I'll be able to go at the moment. My schedule...is weird...super weird. Also, I would like to know some details on the supposed tourney going on there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom