• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Room up.

I want that Rathian Plate

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
*gets a Rathalos Plate instead*

I don't...

Tesh

Smash Hero
The more info I hear about Xbox 720, the more i'm liking my wii u...

I hope this next gen isn't about who screwed up the least.

Smoom77

Smash Master
i'm taking my first ACT on saturday. does anyone have any advice for me? I've been working through an ACT book, but any other words of wisdom y'all have?

Gea

Smash Master
The Great Nipper
I wish there existed a gif of two in a line doing the conga bite in a giant circle together. That cracks me up to watch him go in a loop

Smoom the ACT is cake. If you do reasonably well on standardized testing you will do fine on that as well. I think what gets anyone who does poorly on it is simply that the time limit can be shortish if you are a slow test taker. Otherwise just power through it.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
From what I'm reading, the SAT/ACT is becoming less and less important. Apparently regardless or what your grades/test scores are, more and more future workers are still not prepared for the field they enter.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Of course.

Real world experience is far more important than lab demonstrations or textbook scenarios.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
From what I'm reading, the SAT/ACT is becoming less and less important. Apparently regardless or what your grades/test scores are, more and more future workers are still not prepared for the field they enter.
You've been reading? So what you're saying is books > movies.

Xyro77

Just cause I read something doesn't mean it's superior to movies, you @zz dragon.

Movies>Books because it is a combination of many many mediums (visual/musical/technology/language ...ect) in which one can express him/herself. Book are strictly words+your mind. Super boring IMO. I'm the type of person who wants to SEE and and HEAR what the director envisions, not read **** that is left up to me to interpret (cause what if I interpret opposite of what an author intended?)

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Just cause I read something doesn't mean it's superior to movies, you @zz dragon.

Movies>Books because it is a combination of many many mediums (visual/musical/technology/language ...ect) in which one can express him/herself. Book are strictly words+your mind. Super boring IMO. I'm the type of person who wants to SEE and and HEAR what the director envisions, not read **** that is left up to me to interpret (cause what if I interpret opposite of what an author intended?)
Yes it does. Books > movies, you just said it yourself.

Btw books are only boring if you have no sense of imagination or interpretation.

Gnes

Smash Master

Exactly, which opens up so many possibilities. I actually wrote a paper about this like 2/3 years ago for one of my junior english papers at the end of the semester. Its a beautiful thing ^_^.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sorry Gnes, you didn't make a movie from it so it is automatically trash.

CASE CLOSED.

Gea

Smash Master
This was always the case. The ACT/SAT are entrance exams to college, not preparing you for a job. The issue is that colleges aren't really concerned with training their students for specific jobs, and businesses have basically cut all internal funding to train new hires. Our generation and the generation after ours is paying that price. Basically large businesses see it as a better investment to continue putting contract work in the hands of what would be retirees with the desired skillset instead of cultivating the workers they need.

There was a 60 Minutes over this like 6 months ago. Businesses sitting there with open jobs they can't fill because they require a very specific skillset but aren't willing to train the workers.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Be on tonight. I got the plate, now I need the dreaded ruby...plus need to finish Wroggi X armor to prepare for G-rank...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'd be down for farming plus getting some check marks on the other HR quests.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
On second thought, someone else needs to host the room when we play. My internet has been randomly dropping for the past few days for no reason, then coming back 5 minutes later. So someone just message me.

Xyro77

Exactly, which opens up so many possibilities. I actually wrote a paper about this like 2/3 years ago for one of my junior english papers at the end of the semester. Its a beautiful thing ^_^.
I dont want possibilities, i want certainties. i want to know the beginning/middle/ending as the director knows/sees it. Open ended BS is really really bad imo (kinda a cop out. too scared to take a stand on an ending/subject/situation....ect). I dont read books/watch movies to WONDER. I read books/watch movies to experience A to Z and not A to whatever you interpret.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Microsoft revealed today that the Xbox 720 will require a human sacrifice to play single player games.

Xyro77

for my gaming needs, the xbox brand has literally no place in my life. if i want RPGs/racers/action/fighters ill go playstation. if i want party/casual/smash/unique games, ill go nintendo. xbox is only good for FPS. literally the worst genre in all of gaming.

Xyro77

whashup eerrone, i'm from coppell tx and im getting more involved in dis offline businesssssss.
welcome aboard dude! Come to HOBO 40 on may 11th or come to syncs apartment some time and meet all the smashers. it would be cool to meet new people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom