• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnes

Smash Master
And yet none of them mention the more accessible (read: dumbed down) combat that runs at 30 fps. "...the weapon system does a fine job of making you feel in control, even if you're just frantically mashing buttons." A good action game? Mayhap. A good Devil May Cry game? Not a chance.
Yes its not as hard as 3 was. Neither was 4. And I never said I like everything about it. My point was that in me and Rt's prior convos he was like "Its gonna be terrible, no one will like it, Already saw the ending its bad blah blah herp derp " and I was like yea, I played the demo, its not the best but its average. At least feels like dmc. Weeks past, I check out kotaku and looks like alot of people are decently happy with it. Go figure. I knew it wasn't gonna be as good as 3 or 4 and definitely not as good as 1, but its definitely better than 2 so its bearable imo.

Gnes is just a DMC fanboy.

Remember when all the RE fans thought RE6 would be good? Yeah...

:phone:
LOL and the world agreed that game is utter ****. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying reviewers are always right because they f up all the time(Like some of the reviews that basically gave it a A...wtf), but if a majority of people are saying nearly the same thing...hmmm...

Then again, you haven't played any dmc, so its whatever.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, I hope you enjoy the game.

But if it turns out you don't, just know that I...already knew.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Me losing apparently.
Diska tho
i love how that one guy just stops and looks as it crashes into the walkway, where is this from?
DmC is getting good reviews. I guess it's mainly the whole reboot situation that many people don't like.
Dante looks like a teenager pile of ****.

And on top of that, the series didn't need a reboot.

I played the demo and I'm not impressed. I never played the old ones, but if this is an improvement I don't get what all the hype was about. Bayonetta (which appears to be inspired by DMC) has waaaaaaaaaaay better combat, but the platforming in this one looked a bit more perilous so who knows. With Bayonetta 2 already on the way, I can't imagine anyone wasting money on this game (unless you really dont wanna buy a Wii U).

Gea

Smash Master
Tesh, Bayonetta is by the guy who originally made DMC. DmC, or the new one, is made by entirely different people. DMC is as far as I know the first game that spawned the mini-genre of games like Bayonetta. 3D combo-brawler or whatever you wanna call it that goes back to trying to get a high score, basically. Kind of interesting how that works.

If you haven't played God Hand, play that ****. So very very good, and cheap on PSN now.

Tesh

Smash Hero
PSN is apparently down right now.... :(

The story even sounds the same, half demon, half angle, long lost relatives.

But, yea I know Platinum is a bunch of people who made alot of games I already love, I just really don't like the gameplay in this new DmC. I played it on the hardest difficulty and I only NEARLY died once because I wasn't used to the controls. The boss battle was also a joke.

I've heard alot about godhand, maybe one day ill pick up a copy.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I remember IGN gave Godhand a bad score because it was too difficult or something?

It makes me laugh when reviewers do this.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
OMFG do you guys remember young anakin sky walker from star wars phantom menace? he is a complete *** HOLE now that he is older. i love this sooooo much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_rnK1Ht7GM

watch all of it.

edit: now that ive seen it, i would do the exact same thing if i ever became famous. man this is so good.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
OMFG do you guys remember young anakin sky walker from star wars phantom menace? he is a complete *** HOLE now that he is older. i love this sooooo much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_rnK1Ht7GM

watch all of it.

edit: now that ive seen it, i would do the exact same thing if i ever became famous. man this is so good.
Didn't he say Star Wars ruined his life in school? You should be douchey if you win a major tournament. Become the bad guy.

Xyro77

Didn't he say Star Wars ruined his life in school?
From what ive read, him, like mark hamill (luke skywalker), rarely get movie deals after their star wars days. they only get either tv shows or voice acting gigs. too many producers/directors say "the public only sees you as luke/anakin so you cant be in this movie." plus, how you you feel knowing you were the main character (anakin) in the worst star wars movie of all time? LOL it would F you up too.

That anakin kid did a pretty good job in Jingle All The Way.

super good movie.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
From what ive read, him, like mark hamill (luke skywalker), rarely get movie deals after their star wars days. they only get either tv shows or voice acting gigs. too many producers/directors say "the public only sees you as luke/anakin so you cant be in this movie." plus, how you you feel knowing you were the main character (anakin) in the worst star wars movie of all time? LOL it would F you up too.

That anakin kid did a pretty good job in Jingle All The Way.

super good movie.
Classic.

PUT THOSE COOKIES DOWN... NOW

#turboman

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, he has a good villain voice. Such an irony.

Xyro77

Nice gif party *** hole
David.....im sorry.

The mexico called and by the time we were done, my sleepy pills kicked in and i was out.

God Hand?

Literally the definition of why i NEVER read reviews or if i do i NEVER let them determine if i buy a game or not. IGN as well as many other "review" sites literally get paid for scores on games. Whether its direct payment, payment through ads or future "favors", next to nothing is legit anymore.

Xyro77

Yeah, he has a good villain voice. Such an irony.

tbh ive never liked the joker in the cartoon series or animated movies. he wasnt funny or scary. he was just too corny imo.

I only liked him on Batma (1989) and The Dark Knight (2008). He was funny/crazy/evil.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Dude this is twice that tortilla slingin' bean snortin' ***** has messed up our plans. I. Am. Pissed.

Btw do you really take sleeping pills?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Xyro, you forget that it was a KID'S SHOW. You can't really show people being killed or excessive violence. Considering it was the 90's, they probably got away with some stuff that would be considered "too excessive" by today's standards.

But the animated series did make small references to murders and Joker's past history.

Hamill had more freedom with Arkham City and Asylum games.

And he definitely has one of the best Joker laughs.

Xyro77

Dude this is twice that tortilla slingin' bean snortin' ***** has messed up our plans. I. Am. Pissed.
Im really sorry dude. Normally (when i was with amanda) i would make time for stuff like this but i cant do that any more cause i really care about this mexico and i dont wanna do ANYTHING to F it up. Games/internet/movies/tv/friends and my addiction to them caused the "door" to "open" for Amanda to be a wwhhoorree so i def dont even wanna start that **** with the mexico (stephanie).

Btw do you really take sleeping pills?
yep. It was extremely hard to try and go to sleep each night knowing that your wife was going down on some guy in the back of a car about 15miles away at a Walgreens parking lot. So yea ever since oct 28th, i had to pop a pill to sleep. They are starting to not work so i might do 1.5 or 2 of them.

Xyro77

Xyro, you forget that it was a KID'S SHOW. You can't really show people being killed or excessive violence. Considering it was the 90's, they probably got away with some stuff that would be considered "too excessive" by today's standards.

But the animated series did make small references to murders and Joker's past history.

Hamill had more freedom with Arkham City and Asylum games.

And he definitely has one of the best Joker laughs.

No no im not saying the shows/moives were bad. I loved everything i saw from them (even the joker stuff like his voice/laugh) its just out of all the bad guys, joker is my LEAST fav. I think i liked ClayFace and Mr Freeze the best. Def clayface. his story and deaths are so sad.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
What pill are you taking. Make sure if you do take it and it contains diphenhydramine max is 2 (50mg total). Don't want to OD on OTC sleeping meds.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dr. Fliphop, can you prescribe something that will help me win Hobo 12?

Xyro77

What pill are you taking. Make sure if you do take it and it contains diphenhydramine max is 2 (50mg total). Don't want to OD on OTC sleeping meds.
Yea im looking at the bottle now and it has diphenhydramine. The bottle says only take one in a 12 hour period but since i cant read ill prob start taking 2 if this stuff stops working. And if i OD and die, it will make me famous like Heath Ledger (TDK joker). Hollywood will take the last movie i was in "The Green lesbian Returns" and make my crazy famous. It will bring my family and my GF tons of money. So maybe OD isnt so bad.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
But you haven't had a Brokeback Mountain movie yet...or have you...?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Im really sorry dude. Normally (when i was with amanda) i would make time for stuff like this but i cant do that any more cause i really care about this mexico and i dont wanna do ANYTHING to F it up. Games/internet/movies/tv/friends and my addiction to them caused the "door" to "open" for Amanda to be a wwhhoorree so i def dont even wanna start that **** with the mexico (stephanie).

yep. It was extremely hard to try and go to sleep each night knowing that your wife was going down on some guy in the back of a car about 15miles away at a Walgreens parking lot. So yea ever since oct 28th, i had to pop a pill to sleep. They are starting to not work so i might do 1.5 or 2 of them.
I wanna talk to you in person sometime soon, seriously.

Xyro77

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I believe he is concerned about you.

Xyro77

I believe he is concerned about you.

oh i thought he wanted to talk with me again about his GF pee-ing on him while they were doin tha nasty.

i guess i was wrong

What RT said
nah no need guys. if you had said that to me 3 weeks ago then you would have been on to something because i was SOOOOO angry. i was gonna do some "not nice" things to amanda/derik. Some "unfortunate" events were going to "magically" happen to them.

but

im way over that now. im not mad anymore and i hardly think about it. me and amanda have a great relationship now.....we simply dont talk unless its about claire. plus, im in school, looking for work, have a gf and going to start running events again so my mind is always busy.

i promise you im fine. i can say with 100% accuracy that i am actively moving on and starting to feel better about all of this. the scar is there but the pain is becoming less and less. im good.

edit: besides, revenge is patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom