• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kown

Smash Lord
I'm really sorry for making the finals the gayest **** that's ever existed. I felt so dirty winning like that. I would try justifying what I did, but in short, it was the wrong thing to do. There's no taking back what I did so everyone that saw what I did or hears about it, know that I feel like **** for it. Amazing what greed for winning and money will do to a person.
hey i wasnt trying to hate on you. cuz ur a kool guy to talk too.

but yea its nice to fess up to your mistakes but like no ones perfect, so its good.

congrats on winnng again.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, in the end, you do what it takes to win.

That being said, you won't do that in a REAL tournament anyways. :)

Congrats on winning.

MGC TVs make me furious.

TO ALL: how can i get better on my own? since i cant be constantly going to smashfest every day.
-learn the range of all your moves
-learn how much startup lag and cool down lag each move has, what is safe and what isn't, what you should use and shouldn't use, etc.
-learn how to space your moves
-visit each character forum to see what other characters can do against your character, or what you can do against them

Beyond that, everything else is just practicing on a human player to see what works and what doesn't. You'll reach a point where you'll need to refine your techniques and playstyle in order to get better. Oh, and practice wallteching if you don't know how to do it well. It'll save you from ******** deaths...

Gnes

Smash Master
MGC..sigh....after listening to some cool down music...i can think straight and not just angry...

Stiltz...good finals matches...of course i was super pissed at the stalling on the final match...especially when u had the lead...but its all cool...water under the bridge...ur a good player...thanks for admitting your mistake...were all human...I look forward to playin u again...meta dittos were all u...as u can see i suck at them for now lol...hopefully we get to play at PZ...i can guarantee u a much better match than today....i was okay..but not at my best

Kown...the thing with me...i always improve through the week..i play online against really good people...it just helps my thinking/predicting...also Roy and Gea taught me how to really practice when i watched them...but good matches btw your Pit is still fun to play...but also still annoying to play

P.S Dave-ull never beat me...MWAHAHAHAHAHA(with lucario)....Gea...Lets **** at PZ on teams!!!!

kown

Smash Lord
MGC..sigh....after listening to some cool down music...i can think straight and not just angry...

Stiltz...good finals matches...of course i was super pissed at the stalling on the final match...especially when u had the lead...but its all cool...water under the bridge...ur a good player...thanks for admitting your mistake...were all human...I look forward to playin u again...meta dittos were all u...as u can see i suck at them for now lol...hopefully we get to play at PZ...i can guarantee u a much better match than today....i was okay..but not at my best

Kown...the thing with me...i always improve through the week..i play online against really good people...it just helps my thinking/predicting...also Roy and Gea taught me how to really practice when i watched them...but good matches btw your Pit is still fun to play...but also still annoying to play

P.S Dave-ull never beat me...MWAHAHAHAHAHA(with lucario)....Gea...Lets **** at PZ on teams!!!!
hey u think u could play me online... wait every1 says online is bad! oh well if your getting better than i should be too. can i get ur FC plz. mines 4983-4607-9028. heh i think u could get me better so itd be nice to paly u if thats kool. oh and teach me how to practice and play.

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
Thanks everyone for being understanding. I just don't want this to affect my relationship I have with the people of this community as a person. You can judge my playstyle as gay, just don't tie it in with my character as a person in RL. : )

Btw Gnes, you hide your anger very well. I was seriously confused why you weren't more angry after the match. I was afraid you were gonna exact revenge sometime later. You should consider acting as an occupation.

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
I got the lead with meta so I ran away. I stayed on the edges because I realized wolf couldn't do anything to me when I stayed there.

LOL! no, my arms are too puny to do that.

kown

Smash Lord
heh maybe its not as gay as you think it is.

wouldnt you play with a gay style to win a tournament? or do u not really want to win? cuz everyone good has some sort of gay style.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
lol, i was just playing around. i realized you get more respect from actually winning tournaments then you do from having a respectable playstyle that doesnt spam/stall.

i could be the most campiest, chaingrabbiest falco ever and win tournaments and people would still respect me.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
hey thespis, this is mouf. james curtis bunker. ronnie ain't postin on my account right now.

i tried using dk in brawl but i'm sorry he is just too awful. i mean, maybe he's technically good in brawl but after using him in melee its just way too weird using him in brawl. i think ima stick with wario

edit: also i'm thinkin of changin my name, i'm tired of mouf

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Kown, i live in pasadena and i have NOBODY to play. So all i do is i play brawl online. yes its horrible at first but once you get used to it it really doe shelp you. I use it just for learning match ups. Im not really in it to win it. I just get on wifi Just learn the styles of the many different chars in this game.

By the way, who should my 2nd be? HELP!

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Kown, i live in pasadena and i have NOBODY to play. So all i do is i play brawl online. yes its horrible at first but once you get used to it it really doe shelp you. I use it just for learning match ups. Im not really in it to win it. I just get on wifi Just learn the styles of the many different chars in this game.

By the way, who should my 2nd be? HELP!
or you could just go to the character forums....

for a 2nd, i suggest trying out DK/Ike/Kirby/Lucario

Gnes

Smash Master
after two words from Roy....yeah stiltz thanks for the compliment...i was incredibly pissed...so pissed that i couldnt really...uh...show it...the games all about winning...its just how far ur willing to go...well enough of that...Kown my fc is 0001-3114-5197 just pm me when u want to play...j/k dave our match at mgc was much closer than last time u just get frustrated to easily lol...And Ozz...that zero suit was not what i expected :(

KRDsonic

Smash Master
its worked for me.... so it cant be bad advice.

IC arnt for me. I actually wanna earn my wins
As opposed to failing with them and loosing? Because trust me, Ice Climbers are one of the few characters that takes 100% skill to win with. Unlike with other character like falco, dedede, pikachu, etc. you can't win by just pressing down and grab down and grab in the exact same patter on every character, which anyone can do, and you can't win by just pressing Z in the air a lot, and you can't win by spamming projectiles, everything about them has to be planned out and learned. And you have to learn the timing for everything separately against every character, and characters with projectiles destroy their desyncing.

heh, if you think they're so easy to use and take no skill to win with, then try them yourself. I may believe you if you actually back up what you say.

Oh yeah, wanna have a samus ditto anyone? I've been working on samus.

Gnes

Smash Master
Kown i added u a minute ago...anytime u wanna play on the weekdays just hit me up...i study on weekends so yeah...online isnt amazing...but just like tgm said it gets u familiar with the characters and the matchups...

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
man wtf is going on here, stiltz why are you apologizing? there is no reason to ,we all play to win and it shouldn't matter what other ppl think if someone gets mad oh well too ****ing bad, they should understand that

also im going to host a smashfest this wednesday :D
if thats not a good time then let me know

Doxa

Smash Rookie
As opposed to failing with them and loosing? Because trust me, Ice Climbers are one of the few characters that takes 100% skill to win with. Unlike with other character like falco, dedede, pikachu, etc. you can't win by just pressing down and grab down and grab in the exact same patter on every character, which anyone can do, and you can't win by just pressing Z in the air a lot, and you can't win by spamming projectiles, everything about them has to be planned out and learned. And you have to learn the timing for everything separately against every character, and characters with projectiles destroy their desyncing.

heh, if you think they're so easy to use and take no skill to win with, then try them yourself. I may believe you if you actually back up what you say.
the hell?

if anyone can win by pressing Z in the air alot why is samus so low tier?

alot of that statement is complete B.S.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
the hell?

if anyone can win by pressing Z in the air alot why is samus so low tier?

alot of that statement is complete B.S.
and anyone can win by using Ice Climbers is the reason they're only middle right? Samus is easy to use and that's that. Just because she's bad doesn't make her hard to use.

Doxa

Smash Rookie
and anyone can win by using Ice Climbers is the reason they're only middle right? Samus is easy to use and that's that. Just because she's bad doesn't make her hard to use.
Ice climbers are as easy to use as the characters you listed. I learned D-synch and chain grab very quickly.. They're just bad because of how much they rely on grab and how much people already expect that. And just because they're bad doesn't make them hard to use.

To say that ICs are complicated because they have to learn how to play against other characters validate all other characters to be complicated.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Ice climbers are as easy to use as the characters you listed. I learned D-synch and chain grab very quickly.. They're just bad because of how much they rely on grab and how much people already expect that. And just because they're bad doesn't make them hard to use.

To say that ICs are complicated because they have to learn how to play against other characters validate all other characters to be complicated.
Exactly. Every character can be hard to use. All I'm saying is Ice Climbers aren't like "OMG I can learn them in 1 day and win every tourny in the world with them" like xyro acts like.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
after two words from Roy....yeah stiltz thanks for the compliment...i was incredibly pissed...so pissed that i couldnt really...uh...show it...the games all about winning...its just how far ur willing to go...well enough of that...Kown my fc is 0001-3114-5197 just pm me when u want to play...j/k dave our match at mgc was much closer than last time u just get frustrated to easily lol...And Ozz...that zero suit was not what i expected :(
that was half my zero suit samus. i suck when im under pressure

Doxa

Smash Rookie
Exactly. Every character can be hard to use. All I'm saying is Ice Climbers aren't like "OMG I can learn them in 1 day and win every tourny in the world with them" like xyro acts like.
I'm not following... you're saying all of the characters are hard to use yet ice climbers are somehow superior? Or...what exactly are you arguing? That statement is very unclear, I haven't seen alan act like that.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'm not following... you're saying all of the characters are hard to use yet ice climbers are somehow superior? Or...what exactly are you arguing?
No, I'm not saying Ice Climbers are superior at all, I was commenting about what xyro said "I don't like Ice Climbers because I prefer to earn my wins". That was just a comment directed to insult me and other Ice Climber users, because if he really wanted to talk about characters that are easy to win with then he would've said something about snake or meta knight, characters that can win without a problem. There's also the fact that he always insults every character I use (except pit for some reason). He's told me things on AIM like "Ice Climbers were always destined for gayness" and "Yoshi is trash", and I get tired of hearing insults from about half the people I meet online. So I finally just made a post to prove a point. I use Ice Climbers because I like Ice, it's the same reason I use a mono-ice team in pokemon most of the time. But to say something rude like "Sorry, I don't like them because I prefer to win" isn't just saying that he doesn't like the character, it's insulting me and everyone who uses them saying that they take absolutely no skill to use.

I don't know, maybe Xyro words things wrong, but the way he acts sometimes is just uncalled for.

And it's not just Xyro, sorry if this is all being directed at you, but I recieve PMs on multiplle sites every day about people who don't like me because I use Ice Climbers, there was even someone who was internet stalking me about it. It's just dumb, I use Ice Climbers because I like them, that's it. Even if they were the worst character in the game I would still use them, I've even said if they ever get banned then I'll go solo climber, because like I say, they're my favorite character.

kown

Smash Lord
No, I'm not saying Ice Climbers are superior at all, I was commenting about what xyro said "I don't like Ice Climbers because I prefer to earn my wins". That was just a comment directed to insult me and other Ice Climber users, because if he really wanted to talk about characters that are easy to win with then he would've said something about snake or meta knight, characters that can win without a problem. There's also the fact that he always insults every character I use (except pit for some reason). He's told me things on AIM like "Ice Climbers were always destined for gayness" and "Yoshi is trash", and I get tired of hearing insults from about half the people I meet online. So I finally just made a post to prove a point. I use Ice Climbers because I like Ice, it's the same reason I use a mono-ice team in pokemon most of the time. But to say something rude like "Sorry, I don't like them because I prefer to win" isn't just saying that he doesn't like the character, it's insulting me and everyone who uses them saying that they take absolutely no skill to use.

I don't know, maybe Xyro words things wrong, but the way he acts sometimes is just uncalled for.

And it's not just Xyro, sorry if this is all being directed at you, but I recieve PMs on multiplle sites every day about people who don't like me because I use Ice Climbers, there was even someone who was internet stalking me about it. It's just dumb, I use Ice Climbers because I like them, that's it. Even if they were the worst character in the game I would still use them, I've even said if they ever get banned then I'll go solo climber, because like I say, they're my favorite character.
im not going to lie, i hate palying an IC. I play melee1 online and he wins 4/5ths of our games because of grabbing. basically i win against him if i dont get grabbed three times.

Xyro doesnt critique pit so you should main hhim like me!!!!!!!!!

KRDsonic

Smash Master
im not going to lie, i hate palying an IC. I play melee1 online and he wins 4/5ths of our games because of grabbing. basically i win against him if i dont get grabbed three times.

Xyro doesnt critique pit so you should main hhim like me!!!!!!!!!
Alright :D More pits ftw! lol. I wonder... I probably could do well going solo with pit in a tourny though, I can't think of any really bad matchups he has. I will still never abandon my ICs though :p I had several times when I thought about quitting them because my pit was better, but I just had to push through for several months until I could finally get to where I am right now with them.

I guess there really isn't anything bad about pit though, he's fun to use, one of my favorite characters to fight. He's also the only character I can use well against G&W. I also do well against Ice Climbers with him since he does well in the air and can kill nana easily.

Hmm... it's still annoying hearing people say Ice Climber users have to rely on infinites, because I don't infinite with them, I just get them to the edge with their chain grabs and spike, but falcos do the same thing :/

Doxa

Smash Rookie

ok, knowing xyro I would think he is sarcastic or just beating your back so if I were you I wouldn't take it personally. There's haters for every character.

And when he says that he's probably referring to their possible infinite grab. He really hates it and looks down on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom