• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
So, I'm trying to decide which tournament to go to this weekend. Is the majority of the Houston scene going to the Beaumont tourney or the Austin tourney?

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Ok, who is planning on going to the tourney in Austin?
I really wanna go, needs to carpool. :p

Also, don't forget about my fest this thursday.
All yous peeps are invited, so be sure to stop by with a set up.
:p

STILTZ!
Crap I would so go on Thursday the 10th, but I'm going to Video Games Live at Jones Hall. They better do brawl music or else >_<; if anything they BETTER HAVE BRAWL so I can 4 stock the kids.. Hahha Flip LUBS the kids... No pedo :O

Doxa

Smash Rookie
@jeremy: yeah I can probably pick you up for the PZ tourney. I'll PM you later to work everything out once I figure out my end.

@tuxmaniac/poptop: I'll come to your fest Thursday with a full setup. If anyone around League City and such wants to carpool just PM me.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Crap I would so go on Thursday the 10th, but I'm going to Video Games Live at Jones Hall. They better do brawl music or else >_<; if anything they BETTER HAVE BRAWL so I can 4 stock the kids.. Hahha Flip LUBS the kids... No pedo :O
flip! great games at jims house though as soon as i got there u had to leave >.<

Anyone besides RT live in/around Sugar Land? I'm trying to get some local people to come over this weekend or the next, not anything that is worth driving far for though. SW houston smashfest but im lookin for 5-6 people though. just a small thing for people who dont live far away from me

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
flip! great games at jims house though as soon as i got there u had to leave >.<

Anyone besides RT live in/around Sugar Land? I'm trying to get some local people to come over this weekend or the next, not anything that is worth driving far for though. SW houston smashfest but im lookin for 5-6 people though. just a small thing for people who dont live far away from me
Oh yea, great games man, yea had to rush home :(

so you "lubs" the kids...eh...*cough*pedophile*cough*fear the flipper kids fear it!!!
:O I SAID NO PEDO... but I do have candy D:

Esca

Smash Champion
Hey guys, i'm gonna try and come to the 26th tournament. It will be my last one. I'm not going to either of the Beaumont ones anyway. If anyone wants to go to the Play N Trade one on the 12th, i've already pre-registered and i'll arrange for someone to be entered with the money i've already used.

kimmykimchee

Smash Rookie

I live in Sugar Land. =]

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Hey guys, i'm gonna try and come to the 26th tournament. It will be my last one. I'm not going to either of the Beaumont ones anyway. If anyone wants to go to the Play N Trade one on the 12th, i've already pre-registered and i'll arrange for someone to be entered with the money i've already used.
Play N trade on the 12th? the one in houston or in spring?

heytallman

CTALL
Aren't you the guy I 3 stocked in crews?
OHHHHH!!!

@QUIVO: I finally got google maps to work on my stupid dial up connection (the new router STILL isn't in!) and you live about 15-20 minutes from me. We could get something working sometime maybe.

Also, what are the details of any smashfests? I hear that word thrown around here so much. What smashfests are actually happening and when are they happening?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Quivo, I wouldn't have a problem taking you to the smashfest on Thursday or to Austin since you're very close to Roy. I'll be leaving for the tourney Friday morning and head back home as soon as the tourney is over, so we'd be back Friday night. And then the weekly Gamestop tourney for more fun.

Geez, smashfest on Thursday, big tourney on Friday, and a small one on Saturday. This will be a busy weekend. :dizzy:

EDIT: Tallman, it's at Popertop's. Need a ride? I'll give you a call...

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Jake, Jeremy, and others interested in getting ***** by me in Melee/Brawl....

Lets SERIOUSLY meet up somewhere for a while this Saturday morning, anywhere not too far is fine.

Jeremy, bring beer.

firefox0801

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty new on smash boards but I've been looking for some good people to play... so I think me and a couple friends are gonna try to come over to this one. Kinda curious to how good we really are if you know what i mean

Popertop

Smash Champion
Where do you live?
I'm having a fest at my house this thursday, you should drop by. :)

Guys, be ready for Melee.
I've been practicing my Climbers, and I'm very terrible with them, but I want y'all to see what I can do.
Also Tallman, we gotta get some songs in on GH3.
Xyro, you think you could stop by?

firefox0801

Smash Rookie
I live in Katy on 529 if you know where that is, but I'm not gonna be around much this week cause I'm going outta town... I'll see if some other people wanna stop by though. Which part of Houston do you live in?

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Wait, wait, wait. Aside from the tourney on the 26th, what other smashfests/tourneys are happening?
As for tournies, nothing big in Houston this month besides PZ. there are 2 weekly small tournies though.

1 is every saturday at the town center gamestop in sugar land. starts at 4pm

The other is on highway 6, at McDonalds, starts a 6pm and theres one on saturday. supposed to be prizes, and lasts into midnight. there are 3 more after that this month. Duno about smashfests, i know popertop is having one and i wanna go :(

Lucario is amazing, just picked him up. i hope he ends up high tier, he has amazing combos. i have one that works on wolf so far and its a 0-60 combo :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hey RT, Stiltz is still deciding on which tourney to go to friday.
should he go Austin or Beaumont?

Also, thursday is gonna be lots of fun.
Erm, I can't make that decision for him, lol...

What time will your smashfest start?

CY

Smash Ace
Awesome.

Aren't you the guy I 3 stocked in crews?

>_>.
yes but i let you win. i made it seem like it was in your favor with the stage pick, but i'm just doing mind games inside your head. i never lose anymore.

IM IN UR HED, PLZ LET ME OUT SIR!

Popertop

Smash Champion
I live in Katy on 529 if you know where that is, but I'm not gonna be around much this week cause I'm going outta town... I'll see if some other people wanna stop by though. Which part of Houston do you live in?
Pearland, right off of 518 near 35.

I think Roflpwny/Kirin lives near you.

But yeah.

The smash fest at my house this thursday.
FEST AT MY HOUSE THURSDAY!
Address:2412 Shelia St. Pearland TX, 77581 <-- Address
^
Address

If I'm not stuck painting at my house in clear lake, then we can probably start as soon as 5 pm if people show up that early.
I have a copy of Melee now. YAY!

HAy Ozz: Yes Lucario is indeed amazing. Check mah sig. I have some Lucario trix I need to show you.
COME TO MY FEST!!!!!

QUIVO

Smash Master
Quivo, I wouldn't have a problem taking you to the smashfest on Thursday or to Austin since you're very close to Roy. I'll be leaving for the tourney Friday morning and head back home as soon as the tourney is over, so we'd be back Friday night. And then the weekly Gamestop tourney for more fun.

Geez, smashfest on Thursday, big tourney on Friday, and a small one on Saturday. This will be a busy weekend. :dizzy:

EDIT: Tallman, it's at Popertop's. Need a ride? I'll give you a call...
Oh that'd be cool. I'll see if I'm free to go. If I am I'll take you up on that offer.

Btw, GGs. Last night was fun. Roy made me think Marth was a better character lol. Your lucario is good too.

tonyrulz92

Smash Apprentice
As for tournies, nothing big in Houston this month besides PZ. there are 2 weekly small tournies though.

1 is every saturday at the town center gamestop in sugar land. starts at 4pm

The other is on highway 6, at McDonalds, starts a 6pm and theres one on saturday. supposed to be prizes, and lasts into midnight. there are 3 more after that this month. Duno about smashfests, i know popertop is having one and i wanna go :(

Lucario is amazing, just picked him up. i hope he ends up high tier, he has amazing combos. i have one that works on wolf so far and its a 0-60 combo :)
Oh cool thanks. What is a smashfest exactly? Is it just a Melee tournament?

On a side note, i think Lucario is cool too. I'm trying to pick him up now. Not doing too great though.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Smashfest = group of people getting together to play smash, be it Brawl, Melee, whatever. :)

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
COME TO MY FEST!!!!!
2 far.

ill bring a setup to PZ, and we can have a ****load of friendlies then. and anyone else who wants to. i swear half the reason i even go to tournies is for the friendlies that happen before the tourny start :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom