• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
What the fest has been moved? Argh...just for that, I'll spoil MGS4 for you.

YOU KILL THE BOSSES. ESPECIALLY THE FINAL ONE.

It had to be done...

onii-chan

Smash Ace
hm...whats up with all the japan bashing...god...

going into a match with "little or no thinking" tgm i hardly believe thats what they do...because that would just be we todd it

well if they suck so much i wonder why people as soon as brawl came out in america (i know this is true) went on the interwebz to you*poo*tube to look up the way the japanese guy play with the character they wanted to use...

also the japanese people banned snake because he resemble chuck norris...and everyone fears the chuck norris roundhouse kick of doom...

KRDsonic

Smash Master
well if they suck so much i wonder why people as soon as brawl came out in america (i know this is true) went on the interwebz to you*poo*tube to look up the way the japanese guy play with the character they wanted to use...
People did that? Eh, I know I never watch videos to see strategies with a character, except Virtual Void's chain grabbing video because someone posted the link and I didn't know what chain grabbing was at the time. I saw someone who's good try to copy the japanese style of play, and he played worse, then he went back to his normal style of play and started beating me like usual.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
hm...whats up with all the japan bashing...god...

going into a match with "little or no thinking" tgm i hardly believe thats what they do...because that would just be we todd it

also the japanese people banned snake because he resemble chuck norris...and everyone fears the chuck norris roundhouse kick of doom...

the japanese had the game first so they figured out the common stuff first. thats why we all went and saw thier vids.

And its true they use little or no thinking, have you seen some of the fox vs sonic vids or the fox vs falco vids? How many chai grabs did that falco do to fox.......3....FOR THE ENTIRE MATCH. this proves they dont want to shield grab......japanese will never and have nver been beter than us at smash. ever.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You cannot judge ANYTHING from videos unless they are playing well known players.

Anyone who trys to judge skill from videos, is out of thier mind. None of us have played the Japanese, so no one here should be commenting on ANYTHING they do.

Seriously.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
@KRD: i can tell anyone for a fact...on my grandma's grave (god rest her soul) i haven't looked at a vid for
strategies...the only thing i look at is like old matches from melee and look at some of the newer tourney results...I watched that vid couple pages back and noticed that my style of play is similar in ways but have a quite different way of doing things...

@tgm: yeah...i guess that could debonk that message...:(

then they must be we todd it...i know that i rush in to a match but i think up stategies as i go along...that would just be stupid to not have some kinda plan for your opponent...but i guess they do well in there own way...eh...but i know for a fact...they would decimate every single one of us soul caliber 3...oh my god!so much guard impacting!!!(you should watch some of them vids...)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Japan players aren't bad...but their matches take a very long time for some reason. Average matches here are what, 3-4 minutes? Their's seem to be 5-6 minutes on average...

Spectre518

Smash Rookie
Japanese people seem to dominate at all things technical, I wouldn't be surprised if Smash was one of them. But then again, I am against all generalizations, whether it be about Japanese, Americans, or anyone really.

However, given that America has a larger population, the chances of us having more pros is likely, but to say the ratio of good to bad is better in America, well that's probably a dubious claim at best.

M

MyTime123

they wouldnt own me in sc3. im too nice. mm for ne amount ne time. u name it!!!

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
(in i flaunting singing voice.):) im going to the tourny i'm going to the tourny.:)

DDD.....equals COOL COOL COOL! :) my sheik ghey works on captain falcon falco marth and samus so far:)....

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
...everyone quit talking ****....****....alright ill do it...see.why,you should change your name to suck balls...

esca..someone as ugly as you could never be good at anything besides scaring children...

beaumont= general suck

chrisxcross, ill play you anytime ...you ****..

takeurlife, you sucked all the *****es

metaknight players.you are all assmunching carebears

everyone go have sex with thier uncles..

i hate you all

Xyro77

...everyone quit talking ****....****....alright ill do it...see.why,you should change your name to suck balls...

esca..someone as ugly as you could never be good at anything besides scaring children...

beaumont= general suck

chrisxcross, ill play you anytime ...you ****..

takeurlife, you sucked all the *****es

metaknight players.you are all assmunching carebears

everyone go have sex with thier uncles..

i hate you all
Shut the F up and come over friday.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
btw i think anyone whos seen fluffy's leg hair should be considered veteran...

so im a veteran :dizzy:

also why does see.why talk trash when he isnt in the same league as us?

Xyro77

yes, kalo now has a job from 11pm to 7am. this means he cant stay out late for tournies or attend tournies in the morning. so this will be his last event for a long while.

Esca

Smash Champion

Son, you must not know much. lol. I've had more girlfriend simultaneously than you've had your whole life. You should uh.. go put on some glitter or go make a ****ing rainbow shirt or something.

Edit: Pikachu Bread, made with real Pikachus!

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Son, you must not know much. lol. I've had more girlfriend simultaneously than you've had your whole life. You should uh.. go put on some glitter or go make a ****ing rainbow shirt or something.

Edit: Pikachu Bread, made with real Pikachus!
you can have all the girlfriends you want honey...you're still ugly..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom