• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
Yeah regarding commentary I specifically said hey Alex i'm looking for reliable peeps since my friends are all busy in matches. Then he yelled "HEY WHO WANTS TO DO COMMENTARY".

._. Just ask anyone close to me though, since then i've been making a list of commentators and commentator pairs. I've asked Xyro and Karna if they'd be willing to step on the mic.

Who I allow onto the stream station now is FULLY my choice. No more randies.

Edit: Also no fault on Alex's part he just wasn't aware of what I was looking for. And by the time I tried to quiet it down it was already too late, we had ambitious new players and I didn't want to crush their dreams... We only do that in bracket, guys.

Last edited:

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Idk play diddy
at least you know what your up against.
In fact I hope it'll be all diddy so there are no surprises.

In all seriousness though I an not complaining. Playing vs diddy is teaching me to be more patient.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Krebs, we ain't mad at all. Just trying to help throw feedback at you. No biggie.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Idk play diddy
at least you know what your up against.
In fact I hope it'll be all diddy so there are no surprises.

In all seriousness though I an not complaining. Playing vs diddy is teaching me to be more patient.
Can't be patient against Fliphop's Diddy. BREAK YOU DOWNNNNNNNNNNNNN

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Yeah regarding commentary I specifically said hey Alex i'm looking for reliable peeps since my friends are all busy in matches. Then he yelled "HEY WHO WANTS TO DO COMMENTARY".

._. Just ask anyone close to me though, since then i've been making a list of commentators and commentator pairs. I've asked Xyro and Karna if they'd be willing to step on the mic.

Who I allow onto the stream station now is FULLY my choice. No more randies.

Edit: Also no fault on Alex's part he just wasn't aware of what I was looking for. And by the time I tried to quiet it down it was already too late, we had ambitious new players and I didn't want to crush their dreams... We only do that in bracket, guys.
sorry about that ha i thought if someone hopped on the mics they wouldnt be complete asshats.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Alsm been mod for a couple weeks now for a character he barely plays, the new wave of mods lately are just to fill in the void for character boards that have nobody.
Hell, a good portion of mods are like 2013/2014 members, I think one mod added just for being incredibly active in one single social Smash 4 thread.

Edit: nvm, was. He mod of jr. boards now for some reason.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Having new gens being mods over other new gens sounds pretty gross.

Last edited:

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
So by posting alot and being active you could be a mod in a board.

Looks like Onion is on his way to being Houston mod.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Considering the current state of smashboards, activity could be a deciding factor. Mods don't have to be knowledgeable or ancient to do a good job. You just have to be attentive to your board and fair about how you use your powers. Its not hard and just because someone joined smashboards in the past 500 days doesn't mean they don't have mod experience elsewhere or....common sense.

Although I have to wonder why a Diddy is modding the Palutena boards :smirk:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Nah, you just need to suck up to the right staff members to get the position. I've seen plenty of unqualified/bad people become mods.

Heaven forbid if any were volunteer mods. Those end up being the worse and have zero background.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dabuz confirmed noob by BC.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
BC come to shockwave with me this friday. There you can experience Diddy and custom moves. I fear for the spectators, but I trust you will do what must be done.

Xyro77

He won't do well. Villager is bad and his customs do not stop hoo-ha.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
He won't do well. Villager is bad and his customs do not stop hoo-ha.
They don't, but they make it way less likely to happen. That trip sapling does not go away, and the exploding balloons make getting villager off the ledge an even greater task. BC will probably camp on the ledge the entire match while the diddy tries to figure out how to get past that bs lol.
@ Teshie U Teshie U have you shown BC the setup you were doing to me the other day? Edguarding by ledgestalling? xD Those balloons explode inside the stage pretty dang far. Add a trip sapling right near the ledge and you're good to go.

Can villager trip on his own sapling? I'm guessing not.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I assume he knows something about it already. Its not that hard to deal with. Unless you are Sheik. It pretty much forces you to trade hard with 1 option or another if you want to kill him.

He actually sacrifices absurd recovery distance (and his ledge snap) to control space better. I like him better that way.

Counter timber's sapling is the bane of dash grabbing and the full tree can be an annoyance to any other close range tactics. He doesn't really sacrifice anything notable by switching to that however.

Xyro77

The 3ds version just got a patch. Sharing replays, amiibo support, link jab cancel gone, pit/dark pit can cancel side B if shielded, falco is faster......

More updates to come.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Wii U patch likely this week. 3DS was patched and got some bugfixes. Unconfirmed reports are all over the place as usual but notable rumors include:
-Link jab fixed
-Palutena Super Speed fixed
-Sonic backthrow getting an absurdly small nerf
-Replay sharing possible
-Sharing Mii fighters
-Impossible/harder to obtain duplicate custom moves

ninja xyro

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Obviously Samus and Falcon will love this.

Samus, Falcon, Ganon and Megaman would have strong kill setups off of this for sure.

Its just a rumor based on solo 3DS players though. Expect more detailed news overnight. I expect at least one thing to make the community majorly salty.

Top Bottom