• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
Denti please, not right now.
Lol. So if I'm an alt account of Illmatic and Illmatic is secretly Denti...
Does that mean I just wrote 3 paragraphs trying to defend the old man from myself!? Wtf!?
Is Denti going to be a mod soon!?
Is Denti 10 years old!? Yes... Yes he is...

Last edited:

Darktundra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jokton
Smash bros. was a game that challenged reflexes technicality problem solving and predictions along with a hellatious amount of inputs within a small interval of time. Melee and 64 greatly reflects the most amazing scenes of gameplay to be seen.
Brawl and smash 4 is the same concept except now the metagame counts on adaptation and creativity of the smasher.
Smash is the most violent game not due to it's graphics or kids with axes exploding. Smash is the basics that represents a field of war.
The will to adapt varies from one smasher to another, and I don't blame them for it. Heck, I wouldn't want to adapt to a new piece in chess or lasers in a battlefield.
Custom moves now challenge the community and my opinion is irrelevant which is why I truly don't hate nor like them. Just as long as frame traps have the smallest window of opportunity and not like diddy having zero suit samus paralyzer and firing full charge blasts with the rate of fox and the range of falco(ssbb).
Regardless of my reason I will watch those who are adpting to the changes. If I can I will provide some commentary this Saturday for smash in general my vast knowledge and unpredictable humor will love watch the stream react to the battles.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I don't like Rathalos's new AI. Something about it irks me.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Nersylla High Rank is a pain. I do want his armor for the anti poison lol. Poison hurts so bad.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I wonder if I should try to do the two HR Great Jaggi quest solo and then triple cart, then feel bad when I lose to double Great Piss. HR armor please...

Flip, how far are you in caravan? Just did the Zinogre and Rathalos quest, nothing rare from the two caps. :(

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Play Monster Hunter.....

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
From the GameStop tournament last Friday, I believe at least 3 new players are coming to TGC.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
To be fair, Nintendo has had its fair share of stupid glitches, albeit most are because people do extremely weird or atypical things to trigger them.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
To be fair, Nintendo has had its fair share of stupid glitches, albeit most are because people do extremely weird or atypical things to trigger them.
There is a difference between

doing extremely abnormal things in a game to reveal glitches

And

Buying a game and simply playing it in a normal fashion causes game breaking glitches.

Or buying DLC that crashes the game.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just saying Nintendo has had it's fair share of problems as well.

The Cannon and Bridge Glitch in Twilight Princess
That glitch in Skyward Sword (don't rememeber the specifics)
Pokemon XY Lumiose City outside save glitch

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, those were game-breaking glitches, except for Pokemon. And they did patch the Skyward Sword glitch or issue a channel to fix it. But still...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The cannon glitched happened when you saved in the room iirc. That was not out of order, it was just completely random people would stop playing RIGHT there. You can't predict how a person will play the game beyond the developer's intentions. See: any Smash game.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Are you sure? I really thought you had to do events out of order and then save there.

Nike.

Smash Hero
There is a problem with having SAM3 in March.

March 7th: Fight Me IRL (Dallas) & Insomnia (Houston)
March 14th: San Marcos Tournament
March 21st: REM1 (Houston)
March 28th: Aftershock (Dallas)

There is a tourney every Saturday for the month outside of San Antonio. On top of that, Mizuumi Con is on March 21.

I need input from everyone. What direction should we take? Some players from San Antonio plan on going to the San Marcos tourney (2 stock, 6 minute timer). I do not want to conflict with Houston because you guys travel to SAM in full force. Alternatively, we could just not have SAM3 in March and just wait until April.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Xyro77

If you are still using good rules, Id pick SAM3 over after shock ANY DAY. Id request off and take a car pool there myself.

Last edited:

Xyro77

It's Krebs monthly series. He renamed it though.

All will be told March 1st. The OP will be flooded with new events.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
cannon glitch only happened through saving in that room randomly. nothing out of order.. just complete chance of saving there and walking away from your wii

Last edited:

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
Sucks that there seems to be no available saturday. If theres nothing the weekend in April that would work fine too. Doesn't HAVE to be every month.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Consider your options Nike and even the option to push it back to first Saturday of April.

Ok enough is enough with this trash. The darkness must be stopped. TGC, mark this day as the day. Believe in your heroes. Trela might have stumbled but he can rise. Flip will hoo ha (at a cost of his soul). I will kill them with sheer will power.

I
GOT
THIS

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
Wait till you see my new HOO HAA technique instead. My down throw up-air is far superior than my little brothers.

Xyro77

Only SA and Houston have won TGC flavored events. Dallas can't penetrate the our hull yet.

Top Bottom