• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
It's all good i can understand that, it was the same in my thread except EVERONE hates brawl so we make it clear no brawl so to keep away from the topic.

Otherwise i don mind playing the game but i prefer melee, at this rate though more and more brawl babies are popping up knocking on melee that is what makes me mad.

people who understand that melee is a more skillful game (Techwise) i get along. character wise, it's like brawl, no diversity. meaing same old people and characters winning tournaments.

The funny thing is i was once like Xyro and kept telling people it's time to move on. (i wasn that much of a D bag doing it though no offfense Xyro)

I just hope the next smash bros unites us all.

BlackKnight23

Smash Apprentice
I do but then they prove their stupidty everytime.

The thing is i want to work for nintendo when i become a game designer, but by then another smash will be out.

The funny thing as competive brawl is sakuri or whatever wanted brawl to be fun and NOT competive. He saw what happened to melee.

so it makes me mad when brawl babies badmouth melee

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Brawl has impossible matchups...Melee does not. Brawl only truly has two viable characters. Melee, you can win with pretty much everyone.

Melee is obviously better. No one can argue against this statement. ;)

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Brawl has impossible matchups...Melee does not. Brawl only truly has two viable characters. Melee, you can win with pretty much everyone.

Melee is obviously better. No one can argue against this statement. ;)
Indeed, and my main argument is that Sakurai said himself that he wants the game to be fun and not competitive. That's why he decided to add tripping, so that gamers can have a little laugh and be like, "oh my would you look at that, I fell down...har har har jolly good times." That's not the right mood for competitive gaming.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ok ok i will just let the controllers do the talking and just beat him at his own game ok? god..just tryin to have some fun
beat me at my own game? WHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

but yea ill stop for a while. gabe was nice about it.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
CELL PHONE UPDATE:
-my cell is disconnected, for now call me at my gf's numba, 832-245-3526

Who all is coming to my house tomorrow? What time would you guys like to come? 6 or 7ish? I need to know how many people want to come, that way I can prepare. If enough people are interested in coming, I'll give out free monster energy drinks, 1 per customer.

I have 2 setups, but only 1 copy of melee.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Okay

I have been trying to get ahold of some people for the last 2 days

Jake
and
Fletcher

About going to San Antonio for the melee tournament

Does anyone want to ride up there with me tomorrow after noon around 12

The tournament starts at 4 but i get off at 12

so please hit me up

-gabe/smooth criminal >_>

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I want to come at about 5:30 lol so wake your *** up and pick up the phone scrub XD

I am bringing one of my crew members to **** you so get ready lol anyone else who wants to get ***** by him please come too!

Sybawave

Smash Ace
*Looks at everyone else*

Lol I travel as much as Gabe does XD but I just do it within the city lol since no one else wants too...that might be why you all suck lol

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
gabe went to cali and beat silent spectra...........

u went to pauls house and beat a ganon

G@BE

Smash Lord
I offer people rides to SA for a tournament... still... no one wants to go xD

I wanna play today guys

Anyone interested. my number is in the first post

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Hey Gabe, I already had my "fest" btw. We really need a bigger crowd on this side of Houston. I can have another one this weekend however, maybe on Friday again.

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
The only upcoming date i could attend something is like..April17-19. I have track meets every other week =\

G@BE

Smash Lord
Hey Everyone!

Everyone want a melee tournament!?!?!

Well the location is Dallas this time around.

What do you guys think of May9th or 23rd?

either date is good. I just need to show the hype..

This give everyone the amount of time to plan to come and how to get there.

Anyone interested please let me know!

Top Bottom