• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Brawl Thread(HOBO 15=March 7th=bring full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb))

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sweet, I will make an effort to go to Beaumont.

So much conflict over one character? Why can't we be friends? :)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Infinity isn't stuck up... he's actually a really cool guy o_O His only flaw is that he's a bit too worried about Power Rankings, and his character I guess XD

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Perhaps I should pick up Meta then! :)

Just kidding, every time I play him in friendlies, I kill myself at least once in an effort to obtain the title of "Worst Meta Ever."

I live to disappoint with Meta. :)

CY

Smash Ace
Infinity isn't stuck up... he's actually a really cool guy o_O His only flaw is that he's a bit too worried about Power Rankings, and his character I guess XD
he has that attitude "i'm so much better than you." his MK isn't even good, i've seen it and i'm probably just as good with MK... and my point exactly, he's concerned about the power ranking because he thinks he deserves higher. **** that, he hasn't done **** at any big tournaments. i place right around him in most tournaments. overated, he is.

Nike.

Smash Hero
When I was at HOBO11, I remember watching Infinity vs DMK. And Infinity got pissed off when something happened during the match. He lost, then won the next 2, with the last match VERY close. And you could tell he tried to hold back boasting about his victory when they shook hands. So I see CY's case.

Thats the only time I've ever met him, so I wont be one to judge someone idk.

Btw, he is a very skilled player and I wont be surprised at all to see him higher for the next PR.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
and also, i don't think infinity can play anybody else besides MK. from what i've seen his MK isn't impressive. i like how he didn't even go to HOBO 12 with a pretty big turn-out just because MK was banned. he had over a month to practice and pick-up another character. yet, he goes to this last HOBO with 30 players because MK is there. i will call this now, any tournament without MK infinity won't be there. i'm willing to bet he won't try to pick up another character because he doesn't want to get embarrassed. also, i only have a grudge against infinity because he acts like a stuck-up know it all when regarding smash. sorry, that's just the impression i got from you when we talked a little bit at HOBO 11 and you just n general. ;)

also, infinity is always claiming MK has all these bad match-ups. he said on certain stages, falco can have up to a 60-40% match-up rofl.. **** that you just want to make up some bull**** so you can cover up how broken your main is. don't base a 60/40 match up based on playing sethlon. he is just better than you and can out play you. the falo match-up is evenif it's played without planking. if you decide to plank it goes in your favor (imo).
I play Metaknight because he's fun, not because he's powerful. I didn't go to Hobo 12 because my ride bailed out on me on the Thursday before; I had planned on going but had no way to get there. Ask D4ba, he was supposed to be my ride.

Oh, and you're the one who came out and tried to money match me and you refuse play against my Metaknight. In fact, why not put your money where your mouth is, I'm challenging to a $50 money match, best 3/5 and I'll let you pick all of the stages but one and if I don't three stock you on my stage then you only have to pay me half when I'm finished schooling your ***. You're just a trash talking scrub and I'd be happy to embarass you in front of everyone, unless you're too much of a chicken **** to accept the challenge. :)

Oh, and about the Falco thread I made, that was well thought out and had points in it where I showed everyone why I believe what I do. All these bad matchups? I posted one thread and all I said was that Falco has an inherent advantage, not that he counters Metaknight. Several people even agreed and they showed why, and here you are just spitting out the same thing I saw a lot of people posting. I posted a different, logically sound perspective on something and all you're doing is riding the bandwagon.

Oh, and I can find a quote of one of the best Metaknights saying my Metaknight rivals his. Clearly I'm awful at this game.

And if Infinity is MK-dependent, then he does prove my point, actually, right alongside DMK.
I'm not reliant on him, I play only as him because he's all I want to play with. He's a lot more fun to me than any other character and I don't see why I should play as some boring character just because everyone thinks I should. I don't depend on him, I just don't see any reason to play as something else when everything else feels boring to me.

Esca

Smash Champion
I play Metaknight because he's fun, not because he's powerful. I didn't go to Hobo 12 because my ride bailed out on me on the Thursday before; I had planned on going but had no way to get there. Ask D4ba, he was supposed to be my ride.

Oh, and you're the one who came out and tried to money match me and you refuse play against my Metaknight. In fact, why not put your money where your mouth is, I'm challenging to a $50 money match, best 3/5 and I'll let you pick all of the stages but one and if I don't three stock you on my stage then you only have to pay me half when I'm finished schooling your ***. You're just a trash talking scrub and I'd be happy to embarass you in front of everyone, unless you're too much of a chicken **** to accept the challenge. :)

Oh, and about the Falco thread I made, that was well thought out and had points in it where I showed everyone why I believe what I do. All these bad matchups? I posted one thread and all I said was that Falco has an inherent advantage, not that he counters Metaknight. Several people even agreed and they showed why, and here you are just spitting out the same thing I saw a lot of people posting. I posted a different, logically sound perspective on something and all you're doing is riding the bandwagon.

Oh, and I can find a quote of one of the best Metaknights saying my Metaknight rivals his. Clearly I'm awful at this game.

I'm not reliant on him, I play only as him because he's all I want to play with. He's a lot more fun to me than any other character and I don't see why I should play as some boring character just because everyone thinks I should. I don't depend on him, I just don't see any reason to play as something else when everything else feels boring to me.

Why don't you go teach someone? YAH!

CY

Smash Ace
yeah, one of the best MK's will back up your "great" MK with your wonderful placings! let's see, at every HOBO minus this last ****ty one, where did you place? not in the top 5. from what i recall you always place in the 9-17 area. you can't place in the money with the best character in the game. you play probably 15-20 hours a week, along with your 10-20 hours watching countless MK videos trying to improve your game. i will MM you at the next tournament, but i can't do $50 as i do not have the money to use. but we can do a modest $5 if you would like.

let me clarify this point again, your MK is trash. you are mediocre at best, and no one has seen any of your other characters. geez, i wonder why? LOL that's right, you can't play anyone else besides MK. after i beat your MK, how about you play me with one of your other characters? or how about my ness vs your mario since you used him in low tier? don't get too pissed when i beat that *** bromosexual. let me BROmenstrate, don't get into your little pissy moods when i beat you so please shake my hand after i beat you.

you suck broseph. only reason you think the other characters are boring is because you suck with them bro. got that hulk brogan?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Who cares, the fun news is that I will now pick up MK moar seriously.

Btw Wario counters MK, I've thought about it long enough and I have come to that conclusion. It is at least 55:45 for Wario. So there, quit whining people.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Who cares, the fun news is that I will now pick up MK moar seriously.

Btw Wario counters MK, I've thought about it long enough and I have come to that conclusion. It is at least 55:45 for Wario. So there, quit whining people.
It's only because Wario can chomp him. I mean, who can win against this move? NO ONE.

And for those who didn't catch it since it's been buried, there a tournament in Houston this weekend at a Chinese restaurant. I'm too lazy to find the link and post it. Just search Sethlon's posting history and you'll find it, lawl. :)

UT Smash Club

Smash Cadet
I can't believe I'm reading this.

Isn't it proof enough that Metaknight isn't so overpowered to be banned when the character has failed to win every single HOBO? Out of the 12 ok-Metaknight HOBOs, Metaknight only won 3 times. I can understand if you guys are complaining if he won maybe 9 or 10 times out of 12, but 3 is a mere 25%. Sure, he is a stronger character than others, but that just places him in a higher tier.

Furthermore, you guys are all accusing Infinity of only playing well with Metaknight, and how you all would **** him... but he placed first? Yet you guys are praising Dojo when he placed 5th with his Metaknight? Not that I have anything against Dojo, but you guys are appearing to be overwhelmingly spiteful torward Metaknight mains and a jumping the gun to accuse them of poor skill just because of this. Obviously you have to be skilled to a certain extent to win a tournament, against other strong players, and if you can't fully attribute everything to the character choice as 75% of HOBOs were won by other characters.

In actuality, Snake has won 4 of 12 ok-Metaknight HOBOs; that's one more than what Metaknight has won. So why don't we all just ban Snake then?

Esca

Smash Champion

Isn't it proof enough that Metaknight isn't so overpowered to be banned when the character has failed to win every single HOBO? Out of the 12 ok-Metaknight HOBOs, Metaknight only won 3 times. I can understand if you guys are complaining if he won maybe 9 or 10 times out of 12, but 3 is a mere 25%. Sure, he is a stronger character than others, but that just places him in a higher tier.

Furthermore, you guys are all accusing Infinity of only playing well with Metaknight, and how you all would **** him... but he placed first? Yet you guys are praising Dojo when he placed 5th with his Metaknight? Not that I have anything against Dojo, but you guys are appearing to be overwhelmingly spiteful torward Metaknight mains and a jumping the gun to accuse them of poor skill just because of this. Obviously you have to be skilled to a certain extent to win a tournament, against other strong players, and if you can't fully attribute everything to the character choice as 75% of HOBOs were won by other characters.

In actuality, Snake has won 4 of 12 ok-Metaknight HOBOs; that's one more than what Metaknight has won. So why don't we all just ban Snake then?
Wow, you are an IDIOT. Metaknight has won the last 3 tournaments. Do you know why? Because the metagame has developed to where meta-knight is pretty much unbeatable unless you have far more skill than your opponent. It's not that metaknight has won X of X tourneys, it's how the game has developed and that metaknight WILL win X of X tourneys.

Edit: Infinity is a pedo.

CY

Smash Ace

because Dojo proved he can use other characters besides MK. while infinity boasts around acting like he is tough ****, but no one has ever seen another character of his. he is trash and can't do **** in big tournaments lolool.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
For the record, no other Wario believes that Wario has the advantage over MK. Just b/c DMG can outplay most of the Texas MKs doesn't mean he has advantage.

UT Smash Club

Smash Cadet
Wow, you are an IDIOT. Metaknight has won the last 3 tournaments. Do you know why? Because the metagame has developed to where meta-knight is pretty much unbeatable unless you have far more skill than your opponent. It's not that metaknight has won X of X tourneys, it's how the game has developed and that metaknight WILL win X of X tourneys.

Edit: Infinity is a pedo.
Then Dojo lost... how? Apparently Dojo is considered as skilled or more skilled than Infinity is, and he used Metaknight. However, no one he played against was "far more skilled" than him. Why didn't Dojo place 1st?

Because he lost. DUH. And as Metaknight I'm assuming. Thanks for calling me an idiot with all caps.

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
HKkid, under your logic, the game is fine even though MKs place 2nd-8th, so long as they don't place 1st. How many players were taken out by players using MK that wouldn't have lost if the person didn't use MK? A lot, I'm sure. But as far as you're concerned, that's fine and dandy.

Dojo, I'm still waiting for that list showing that MK usage has decreased. By my observations, MK usage has continued to increase... XD

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Errr... I don't dickride anyone. You're in college right? Learn to understand the meaning of words and sentence structure. Oh, and generally OPPOSING SOMEONE'S OPINION IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF MEATRIDING, WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID.

I was saying that was his basis for assuming Wario is better. I was saying that Wario wasn't better than MK, he just thought that because he can play better than most of those that use MK against him (which is the case, he's second in the PR), making it seem easier than it actually is. Why are you even trying to lecture me on Wario's matchups, I've been in the thick of debate over his strengths and weaknesses vs everyone, and now you think b/c you bluntly state that, it will make me incorrect?

Seriously, you're quickly losing my respect Popertop.

For the record, most of MKs matchups are winnable, b/c his advantages are not always tremendous... but he's always advantaged. You should look into debate classes.

Zori

Smash Champion
The way I see it is, most of us truly don't want to win (the easiest way possible) we choose our favorite character over a top tier character. That's a sacrifice a big margin of the community made. Let's face it if we all put "X" amount of hours in to "X" main in to metaknight we would all place better.

My first metaknight in touney was vs infinity and **** i did pretty good, I even took a match off him and im pretty new to the smash community.

tl;dr its not in impossible match up, win or pick up metaknight.

UT Smash Club

Smash Cadet
Ever heard of bad days kid?
Exactly my point... there are more important factors to the outcome of a match than character choice, including having a good/bad day, player skill, etc...

Sand-Trap said:
HKkid, under your logic, the game is fine even though MKs place 2nd-8th, so long as they don't place 1st. How many players were taken out by players using MK that wouldn't have lost if the person didn't use MK? A lot, I'm sure. But as far as you're concerned, that's fine and dandy.
In HOBO 13, only two people are listed to have used MK. Infinity, who won, and Dojo, who is respected for his skill.

I'm not saying that MK isn't a very strong character... I'm saying that MK isn't strong enough to be considered for a ban. That's ridiculous. For a character to be considered for a ban, then Dojo should have placed 2nd with MK even though he was having a bad day.

Esca

Smash Champion

Pop, you better watch out man, your gonna lose PhantomX's respect. His respect is super notable. Be careful man. It's a great honor to have PhantomX's respect.

And Sand Trap is my favorite OOC Smasher now, because he is liek barwl and doesn't afraid of anyone

Popertop

Smash Champion
Errr... I don't dickride anyone. You're in college right? Learn to understand the meaning of words and sentence structure. Oh, and generally OPPOSING SOMEONE'S OPINION IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF MEATRIDING, WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID.

I was saying that was his basis for assuming Wario is better. I was saying that Wario wasn't better than MK, he just thought that because he can play better than most of those that use MK against him (which is the case, he's second in the PR), making it seem easier than it actually is. Why are you even trying to lecture me on Wario's matchups, I've been in the thick of debate over his strengths and weaknesses vs everyone, and now you think b/c you bluntly state that, it will make me incorrect?

For the record, most of MKs matchups are winnable, b/c his advantages are not always tremendous... but he's always advantaged. You should look into debate classes.
oh sorry sorry that was a huge misunderstanding.
I severely misread your post Phantom.
No harm done sir, no harm done. :)

Top Bottom