• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Brawl Thread(HOBO 15=March 7th=bring full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb))

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, I have like no smash experience outside Houston, heh. I don't travel a lot in general, lol...

Popertop

Smash Champion
#1, Thats a lie. "I couldn;t beat TGm once..."

#2, I quit brawl so if you think your better than me... keep dreaming cause I can still own you LOL.

As for Brawl in general, Im sorry I gave it three chances but the game just sucks. Its too slow.
So im going back to melee....
Hey Jeremey, instead of talking all the time, why don't you back up your words?

I challenge you to:
$5 MM Melee. Your best vs my whatever I feel like that day.
$5 MM Brawl. Your whatever vs my Wario
Gorilla Match.
Whoever loses has to wear this gorilla suit the entire tournament.

Planet Zero July 26th.
Be there, or you can't talk smack EVER AGAIN.

Not that you really could in the first place....

Popertop

Smash Champion
Yeah, I have like no smash experience outside Houston, heh. I don't travel a lot in general, lol...
sorry double post or whatever, but quotes are dumb.

RT, you should do this.
Seriously, FS4 was ENTIRELY TOO MUCH FUN.
Just the experience is great.
Also, playing people you haven't played before.
It's good stuffs.
So are we carpooling or what?
:):laugh::bee::):laugh::bee::):laugh::bee::dizzy:

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Man I went back and looked at my replays today and I have some from Stiltz's last fest. I have a match between I'm guessing CY as Falco vs someone's DK (Take)? The Falco gets off the cg to spike kill 3 times in a row! Man DK is so easy to gimp. I think that match lasted 1 minute or less.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm not 100% sure if I will be going to Austin at the moment. If I do go, I won't be staying there overnight, and I will probably leave as soon as I get knocked out. So yeah...I'll make a decision by next week. If I do go and anyone wants to carpool with me, that's fine, just let me know...

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
i havent played melee in months, but i know you suck at it from others who have played ya.

mm in brawl 20$ yes yes?
Please tell me who these people are who say Im not good in Melee seeing how I could beat everyone?

Hey Jeremey, instead of talking all the time, why don't you back up your words?

I challenge you to:
$5 MM Melee. Your best vs my whatever I feel like that day.
$5 MM Brawl. Your whatever vs my Wario
Gorilla Match.
Whoever loses has to wear this gorilla suit the entire tournament.

Planet Zero July 26th.
Be there, or you can't talk smack EVER AGAIN.

Not that you really could in the first place....
I cant talk ever again? Niggsa please, I'll talk forever son. When I beat you I'll just talk more.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Xyro, a SAMUS PLAYER, has found you to suck.

and for real man, come to a tourney. you are the bottom of the bottom tier as far as players go right now....

and if you try to say you are good STILL, when you have no one vouching for you, you never go to tourneys therefore you never have placed well and never beaten anyone good. well darn, i guess de-nile isnt just a river in egypt...

CY

Smash Ace
Man I went back and looked at my replays today and I have some from Stiltz's last fest. I have a match between I'm guessing CY as Falco vs someone's DK (Take)? The Falco gets off the cg to spike kill 3 times in a row! Man DK is so easy to gimp. I think that match lasted 1 minute or less.
i think that was an older DK match, idk.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8OgvecK4ICY here was one of the DK matches we had.

KRDsonic

Smash Master

and for real man, come to a tourney. you are the bottom of the bottom tier as far as players go right now....

and if you try to say you are good STILL, when you have no one vouching for you, you never go to tourneys therefore you never have placed well and never beaten anyone good. well darn, i guess de-nile isnt just a river in egypt...
Not to kill the moment or anything but... Samus was good in melee...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Will results be posted for the tournament at Play N Trade on 6/28
That tourney wasn't run by DugFinn or Xyro. You'll have to check with the TO to find that out...

QUIVO

Smash Master
So... does anyone wanna play while I'm in Houston?
Any tournys or smashfests I don't have to travel too far to? I'm here until next sunday.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
in comparison to the other chars, meh...

she was like lower middle tier.

falco was top tier... innexcusible.
And since when does the tier list decide character match-ups? You obviously don't know anything about melee haha.

Samus was in high tier.

Samus vs Falco is considered an even match-up or slightly in Samus's favor.

Falco doesn't have a shield pressure game vs samus, and she can get easy KO's on him from gimps.

Don't talk about melee like you know anything...you are wrong.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
And since when does the tier list decide character match-ups? You obviously don't know anything about melee haha.

Samus was in high tier.

Samus vs Falco is considered an even match-up or slightly in Samus's favor.

Falco doesn't have a shield pressure game vs samus, and she can get easy KO's on him from gimps.

Don't talk about melee like you know anything...you are wrong.
forgive me where i fall short texas m2k when it comes to knowledge of the game and tech skill!!!!

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer

1st of all I've been around longer than you and all you new annoying children who keep popping up combined. I was around when TGM used MArth, not samus in melee. Allan did not switch to Samsu untill the end of melee. As for a samus player beating a falco. Like Hylian said, its an even match up, most falco player will go fox... its just easier. I do not know who you are, but the fact that your rpoud of what you can do in a game designed so ANYONE can win makes me sick. Why not be good in something worth being proud of?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xDE2nTqmhZM&feature=related this was in december, I bet you cant even play half this good now...

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
1st of all I've been around longer than you and all you new annoying children who keep popping up combined. I was around when TGM used MArth, not samus in melee. Allan did not switch to Samsu untill the end of melee. As for a samus player beating a falco. Like Hylian said, its an even match up, most falco player will go fox... its just easier. I do not know who you are, but the fact that your rpoud of what you can do in a game designed so ANYONE can win makes me sick. Why not be good in something worth being proud of?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xDE2nTqmhZM&feature=related this was in december, I bet you cant even play half this good now...
well then, if ANYONE can win, why dont you enter some tourneys and make some easy money? try to tell seth, stiltz, roy, DSF, forward, etc etc etc, that this is an EASY game to win at. Yes, the tech is millions of times easier to do, but you have to play smarter because you cant just L-cancel stuff like marth's dair and other attacks with lots of lag.

and ya got me, i didnt start playing competitively until november 07', but isnt that a big smack in the face that i **** you at brawl, a smash game, and ive only been around about half a year? ouch.

chew on that for a while as you continue to troll around at your house while playing a dieing game.

COME TO A TOURNEY SO YOU CAN TALK CRAP.

edit: haha, my vids have twice as many views as yours, and they've been up for about a week!

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Excuses, denial, anger, redundant.

hahahah hoohohoh

Takeurlife2 go suck Hylians **** some more you haven't made him *** yet.

Takeurlife2

$10 Melee MM / $10 Brawl MM

PLLLLEEEEASSEEEE accept. =)

PPLLLLEEEEAAASSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Popertop

Smash Champion
Not to kill the moment or anything but... Samus was good in melee...
lol, I was just thinking that too.

Sideeffect, wouldn't that be like, not making any money?
You'll win in Melee, but I'm pretty sure Take would beat you in Brawl.
lol.
We still need to have our matches.
You coming to Planet Zero July 26th?

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Its so funny how take really thinks he can beat me in this elementary game... and he cant. LOL sad.

Ronnie, 5$ MM Melee, my Falco your Fox.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
*Wishes popertop would mind his own business*

Jeremy I accept LOL lets make it $20?

Looks like I'm going to have an extra $40 in my pocket by the end of this month ;)

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
take's posts are about as funny as butt cancer, and only further my assumptions that he wields a lice-filled beard

*hatez brawl*
*triez to play anyway*

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
It's funny how Jeremy thinks being around a long time means he's good.
And how he thinks he's good at Brawl.
Im decent in Brawl, who isnt? Brawl has a win button, its called A.

*I am good because Iv been around a long time. I have experience.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Im decent in Brawl, who isnt? Brawl has a win button, its called A.

*I am good because Iv been around a long time. I have experience.
i am NOT trying to start a war here.

hit up planet zero on the 26th and prove all this talk you've been doing. if you can beat take, people won't bash you anymore about brawl, nobody knows how good you are at Brawl until you start beating people. Seeing as you constantly remind people how good you are, I'd say your probably not bad at all. So, come show us on the 26th. Not showing up wouldn't solve anything......hell if you can beat take in both brawl and melee thats a big slap in the face to him.

As for the melee argument, I can't say anything, since I don't know anything about that situation.

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice

jeremy is good end of argument he has the right mentality to play the game ,enough experience to know how to win, and I'm pretty sure he would beat you.where do you ppl keep coming from? you seriously think you're good? stfu! LOL just because its a new game doesn't mean you still have a chance.most ppl have the right mentality already so it doesn't matter if its brawl or melee they WILL beat you because they know how to.:laugh: sorry I don't know why you think you can beast ppl who have more experience than you but and even hylian called you out in your ignorance :laugh::laugh: too good now go play tetris or something this game isn't for you

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
you seriously think you're good? stfu! LOL just because its a new game doesn't mean you still have a chance.most ppl have the right mentality already so it doesn't matter if its brawl or melee they WILL beat you because they know how to
QFT

take you have as much right to say your good at this game as jeremy does. because you havent really proved much. video views? hmm i can get that if i tried hard enough. and Jeremy has respect and apparently he was good at melee. and yes melee skill DOES transfer over to Brawl. Mindgames/mentality wise.

This really should be settled at pz

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
im going on the 26th if anyone wants to solve some st00f

@sidefx- ill gladly take you up on brawl, GLADLY, 10$
@jeremy- come to a tourney and beat me at this "elementary game"
@cesar- 5$ MM in brawl?(and please forgive me for my lack of knowledge in melee matchups... -.-)

and to anyone who is interested in ending these arguments early, theres a tourney july 11th in beaumont you could come to ^^

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
This is my Final Argument and Ill stop talking...(not really, but here we go)

It is annoying to Melee players, especially the most technical of us to see a game like Brawl be boasted about so much. Just being able to L-Cancel and Wave Dash in Brawl makes you better than any Brawl so called "Pro". You people brag about a game that has no technical skill. The game is strictly mind games... It is like bragging about chess. Nobody Cares...

As for the me sucking in Melee, well lets go into that. I had the latest start, the latest. So I had to figure mindgames out later and always rely on my technical skills. This is why SideFX (^_^') could beat me with any character (at first) in melee. Now, I am willing to bet that I could atleast beat Sideeffect in Melee 3 out of 10 games. That is an accomplishment. Because the game takes skill and everyone cannot do it, unlike Brawl which is moving backwards, Melee continues to move forward.

My Point? When you give someone credit because they can three stock you due to an infinite or constant changrabbing, you lose not only my respect but a lot of others on these boards. Why not discover something in Brawl or accomplish something worth while? At least TGM plays samus... You want respect playing Snake, MetaKnight, and Falco? Get the F**K outta here. The game is too easy. Unlike in Melee were you could watch a combo video and be like "I cant do any of that.... mabey in 3 months", Brawl you can look then do, instantly. Hell I can infinite forward air with Falco which is insanely hard, but the S**T is pointless.

Overall point, stop bragging about a game that has been played the same way since the first day it came out. Want to brag about something why not brag about something that matters.

JV 4 stock someone in Brawl without using an infinite,,, thats respect.

The reason I deserve respect?... I wall teched 8 times in a row back to back in a match vs. Roy. I also have an insanely large *****.

Jake, Ronnie, Alan, James, Josh, Ceaser, Gabe, Alex, Tarzan and Dawn. I know yall feel me.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I have a question about marth in brawl. Does sheik still counter him? Because I haven't lost to a marth user with my sheik since a few months ago, and I've foughten a lot, even people that were better than me that used him lost against my sheik, and it seems odd, because for a while it making me think that marth wasn't that good in brawl xD. Out of all the characters I use, the only 2 that I ever loose to when I fight marths are Diddy about half the time, and Ice Climbers out of about 1 out of every 20 battles against them.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
I have a question about marth in brawl. Does sheik still counter him? Because I haven't lost to a marth user with my sheik since a few months ago, and I've foughten a lot, even people that were better than me that used him lost against my sheik, and it seems odd, because for a while it making me think that marth wasn't that good in brawl xD. Out of all the characters I use, the only 2 that I ever loose to when I fight marths are Diddy about half the time, and Ice Climbers out of about 1 out of every 20 battles against them.
sheik doesnt counter marth at all. were these matches live on online? cause marth is known garbage online.

@ jeremy, really? really? lmao, brawl has been played the same since release? wow man, talk about closed minded. you havent followed the metagame AT ALL if you think that.

FOR THE LAST TIME, stop talking until you come to a tourney, ive called you out SO MANY times.

ill give you melee, gratz, but if you are truly so 'advanced' in mindgames and whatnot, then face me in brawl.

until then, since ive actually came to brawl tourneys, and placed, i am better than you at brawl.

just show up on the 26th or the 11th and prove me wrong, i encourage you.

*as a fun fact* i dont use MK, snake, D3, or Falco (in case you cant tell by the character icon and sig -.-)

@sidefx and cesar, im waiting your reply to brawl MM's

QUIVO

Smash Master
...Anyone going to the tournament in Beaumont from southwest houston? I'd like to go, but I can't drive around since I don't know the area at all.

If I go, I wanna mm you take.

Top Bottom