• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

House of 3000 Presents: Struggle Snuggle

Deven3000

MikeKirby Sucks
RESULTS: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14753421

House of 3000 presents: Struggle Snuggle
Hey guys, Deven3000 here; Smashfest host extraordinaire.
As of around last week I was in contact with AlexStrife and one thing led to another and he handed the August 4th tournament over to me! ;D
so with about 2 weeks left until the tounry, lets try to get this HYPED up!

Go to the AiB Tourny page and click Attend
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=13560

114 East 31st Street
New York, NY 10016
(East 31st Street and Park Ave)
1 (646) 535-8066

Times:
Store Opens at 1pm
Registration starts at 1pm
Doubles will start at 2-2:30
Singles will start at 3-3:30

Date: August 4, 2012

Entry Fees

Venue: $5.00 per person
Singles: $10.00 per player
Doubles: $10.00 per team ($5.00 per player)

Payouts
1st Place: 55%
2nd Place: 30%
3rd Place: 15%

Rules

This tournament will be running the Apex Ruleset + MK Banned. Pretty self-explanatory, but you can check the collapse tags below to confirm what the ruleset will look like.

Brawl Rules
- 3 stocks
- 8 minute time limit
- Items are set to “Off” and “None”
- Pause set to "Off"
- All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
- Meta Knight is banned.
- The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
- There is a ledge grab limit of 50 for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the ledge grab limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their ledge grab limit, then this rule is ignored.
- If time runs out, the winner of the match will be the one called out by the game. If it goes to Sudden Death, then it is determined whichever player has a lower percentage.
- If the stock and percentage for both players is equal when time runs out, or both players lose their final life at the same time as a result of anything that was not a suicide move, a one stock 3 minute tie break match will be held. Ledge grab limits are reduced to 15 in this case.
- In the event that both players lose their final life as a result of a suicide move, the initiator of the suicide move will be declared the winner of the game, if and only if the game proceeds to Sudden Death as a result of the move. If the game goes to the Results Screen instead of Sudden Death, then whichever character is declared the winner by the Results Screen is the winner of the match. Also, if one person manages to struggle out, but both players still die at the same time resulting in Sudden Death, the initiator still wins. If a win screen comes up, go with what the game says...
- Suicide moves are loosely defined as any aerial grab that "attaches" the opponent to you as you descend to the bottom blastzone.

Modified Doubles Rules

- Team Attack set to “On”
- Life stealing is allowed.
- In the event of a game reaching the time limit with both teams having an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner. If a single player on a team exceeds their ledge grab limit, that team loses regardless of stock/percent differentials. If one or more players on both teams exceed their ledge grab limit, then the ledge grab limit rule is ignored.

Set Procedure

1 Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
2 Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
3 Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4 The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage - List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method.
5 The order of stage striking will be 1-2-1 (Team 1 strikes two stages, followed by Team 2 striking three stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
6 The first match is played.
7 The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
8 The Team that won the previous match may announce one “Stage Ban” if they have not already done so in this set.
9 The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a “Stage Ban” by the either Team may not be selected. - No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
10 The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
11 The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
12 The next match is played.
13 Repeat steps 7-12 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:

- Teams will use a random method such as Rock-Paper-Scissors, Coin Flip, or Game and Watch Judgment, where the winner selects either first choice in port selection or first choice in stage striking. - Whichever team does not receive first choice in port selection will be compensated with first choice in stage striking.
- Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Legal Stagelist

Starter Stages
- Smashville
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Lylat Cruise
- Yoshi's Island

Counterpick Stages
- Halberd
- Pokemon Stadium(Melee)
- Castle Siege
- Delfino Plaza
- Frigate Orpheon

Conduct

- In the event pause is left on accidentally and is pressed, immediately call over the TO. Based upon their judgment, the situation will be resolved. If your situation is neutral [players are not in combat], the match will be resumed as if the pause had not occurred. If your situation is advantageous to one individual and the player in the disadvantageous situation paused, the disadvantaged player will be either placed in a grab or onto the ledge of the stage. If a player in a death situation [Chain grabs, Grab releases, Jab-locks to a kill move, etc] paused while in a death situation, the current stock is forfeited immediately. If you unpause before the TO reaches the station, the player that unpaused losses a stock.
- Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
- Any hacks, including (but not limited to) textures, music, and model changes are not allowed.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I did but I am becoming very busy...makes more sense to give it to someone who is more able to do this than me.

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
This is on the same day as Strifes tourney though D:

Btw, the next Impact will be on Aug 18th. :p

:phone:
You should make a thread for it Stupid Dinosaur!! Looking to hold a tourney at Planet Gaming, I need the owner's info ASAP.

Horrible tourney name, i'll still be there thouqh.

And I agree! Struggle Snuggle?? Since when do smashers want to snuggle???

Deven3000

MikeKirby Sucks
im going to start registration at 2pm

so depending on how many people reg, we can start dubs at like 2:30-3

then start singles soon after

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
K, according to train times I will likely be arriving with Nairo, Nakat, False, and Gunblade at about 2:40 if that is okay. Just in case my phone number is 908-380-3506 but I would likely call you if any delays happen, but that should be the exact time of our arrival to the venue.

Deven3000

MikeKirby Sucks
alright, well in that case i guess i'l start dubs at 3. but no later!

feel free to call or text me if you need to

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Actually I think we'll take an earlier train that will have us arrive at the venue around 1 pm so no worries :p

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
always making us start late keitaro THANKS GEEZZZZ

so uh...kinda need to practice for this who is down to friday?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I have a little claustrophobia so its a bit rough on me with a lot of people in tight spaces :\ .

It's why I am always outside or in big open areas at events I try to not get nervous.

Neontiger94

Smash Apprentice
I want to register for this but I'm not sure how. This is my first tournament I was wondering if Wii-mote and nunchuck are legal

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
He's asking is this a good tournament for a newcomer who hasn't been to any tournies yet to come to. He doesn't want to spend $$$ just to get beat by pros basically.

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
What level is it, is it good for like a first tournament
Being that this is a Metaknight banned tournament, it should be just fine for a first timer. Metaknight being the only S-Tier character in the game. If you are unsure about the tier list here's the link to what I'm referring to:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=321738

And truth be told, the only way to get started in the competitive scene is to just start going to tournaments! :D

zEJAYz

Smash Rookie
Wow this is very close by. I've never attended a SSB tournament before. Maybe I'll try my luck. Hopefully the skill level is lax enough for a Fox main like myself with no real experience outside of laggy online matches and lvl 9 CPU's to win 1 or 2 matches. Yikes lol

Top Bottom