• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hori Mini Pad

Battlecow

Play to Win
IDK my hori crapped out and the "up" direction no longer works

lasted like 5 months of not-that-hard use.

cyoonit123

Smash Apprentice
IDK my hori crapped out and the "up" direction no longer works

lasted like 5 months of not-that-hard use.
mine was kind of like that for the right direction, but thats because i abused my joystick for pivot practice. on a normal n64 controller it probably wouldnt have lasted a month.

Timotheus

Smash Journeyman
i hope my pad will work more than 5 months :D

btw it's so damn small. my fingers hurt after some rounds haha
it looks much more bigger on pictures

NixxxoN

Smash Master
mine works well and doesnt seem to get worse, however it never felt 100% precise. That joystick is just a cr*ppy version of the gamecube one

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'm currently building a cube64-dx. If I make it successfully and it works and is durable I may start selling a few.

Dext3rM.

Smash Apprentice
no bro i tested my hori in the console and the stick jump is the same as c buton really weird cuz the joystick is not wasted i can perfectly play with it, just the stick jump, really dont know what it is

LLDL

Smash Hero
The adapter is really fragile and you need to case it, otherwise it's bare wires hanging loose. It's up to you to case it, and I just thought this was really cool / unique.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, the Gamecube controller isn't so good for smash 64 either because of the button layout. :(

Chain-Ace, I remember reading there's a tutorial for placing a gamecube's analog stick on the N64 controller. Do you know where I can find this?

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, the Gamecube controller isn't so good for smash 64 either because of the button layout. :(

Chain-Ace, I remember reading there's a tutorial for placing a gamecube's analog stick on the N64 controller. Do you know where I can find this?
Talk to that blaze239487350897345684360954376 guy from Aussieland. He did it with microchips and all that jazz.

It's also possible to slap a stick into a crummy 3rd party controller.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Haven't tried using a gamecube controller, because the adapter is expensive
well im a cheap mf, so expensive for me
Seems like a good layout though, as i currently use a 360 pad.

LLDL

Smash Hero

Nah the button layout is fine, and you can swap buttons at will.

reallyfastcar

Smash Apprentice
I have a raphnet adapter and hori mini.
It works great 80% of the time I can pivot and such, my main problem is sometimes my character does not want to sprint, from stand still or after a move. I think it is the plugin but I wouldn't know.
I tested it on a console and the hori is the best controller I have evr used.
But online it is a bit patchy.

Anyone have any problems like this? or thoughts?

TANK64

Smash Lord
Have you tried calibrating your controller?

Control Panel>Game Controllers>Properties>Settings.

Or something like that.

I know that fixed my problem when I couldn't run/smash.

Hopefully that helps =)

reallyfastcar

Smash Apprentice
Yea i've calibrated thanks.

It's just really frustrating walking at the wrong moment than getting combo to death.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
I have a raphnet adapter and hori mini.
It works great 80% of the time I can pivot and such, my main problem is sometimes my character does not want to sprint, from stand still or after a move. I think it is the plugin but I wouldn't know.
I tested it on a console and the hori is the best controller I have evr used.
But online it is a bit patchy.

Anyone have any problems like this? or thoughts?
DEADZONE is when the controller starts being read(LOWER numbers get read first),
and RANGE is when it stops being read(HIGHER numbers get read last);
im 90% certain of this.
the problem is most likely your DEADZONE being too HIGH or RANGE too LOW

also, dont mess with the numbers, start playing online, then assume its still your settings; it may be ONLINE LAG so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TEST OFFLINE FIRST.

ALSO go here and check out the part that says "CONTROLLER NOT WORKING?" (near the top of the post)

reallyfastcar

Smash Apprentice
O right thanks alot.
I read through it and turned off "real n64 range" and it works so much better, my range is 90% and deadzone is 4%.
I think the rest of my problems come down to bad timing and such.

cyoonit123

Smash Apprentice
few months ago when i looked at the price i couldnt find one for under $80. Saw some on ebay for under 60 today. Thought i'd let ppl know.

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Not sure if you're jealous or laughing at the price being over $100, but I did. They are expensive new but they're pristine.
I work hard for the money. A girl can treAt herself now and then no?

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
Not sure if you're jealous or laughing at the price being over $100, but I did. They are expensive new but they're pristine.
I work hard for the money. A girl can treAt herself now an d then no?
You couldn't have bought it because I did lol

horu.png

Top Bottom