• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Homing attack: the lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxob

Smash Champion
I'm on my phone right now so I don't know if I can keep up with my grammar, but I'll try.

To home means to follow, correct? Not with Sonic. Calling this move a homing attack is blasphemis, IT DOES NOT FOLLOW, IT ONLY LOCKS ON THAN FOLLOWS THROUGH WITH THE GIVEN PATH. If it were to home, it would not miss.

Discuss the lies.

Pero

Smash Apprentice
They where just keeping it original. I mean think of another name call it then? It would be unfair to follow the enemy in brawl. But if u look at the other sonic games it actually "homes in"

Boxob

Smash Champion
They where just keeping it original. I mean think of another name call it then? It would be unfair to follow the enemy in brawl. But if u look at the other sonic games it actually "homes in"
Any Sonic game where he homes in is simply a disgrace to the GOOD Sonic games.

Air dash.
Air rush.
No?

Pero

Smash Apprentice
Hes not gettin that Nintendo cant change the name of Sonic's moves. And a Homing attack that "homes in" (which means u cant dogde it) is unfair. And really Homing doesnt nessisarly mean it wont miss.

Binx

Smash Master
There is nothing wrong with the 3d sonic games... except sonic 3d (or cd, cant remember what its called)

Pero

Smash Apprentice
There is nothing wrong with the 3d sonic games... except sonic 3d (or cd, cant remember what its called)
Its Sonic CD =D and i agree with u...unless u like Sonic the Hedgehog for 360,PS3 its horrible(kinda) And Shadow the Hedgehog...come on a gun? Sonic curseing? lol any their ok execpt those 2 the 3-D games are kool

TheSnakeEater

Smash Rookie
Watching the Wizard of Oz for the 50,000th time (a
Its Sonic CD =D and i agree with u...unless u like Sonic the Hedgehog for 360,PS3 its horrible(kinda) And Shadow the Hedgehog...come on a gun? Sonic curseing? lol any their ok execpt those 2 the 3-D games are kool
Sonic CD was not in 3d.

Sonic 3D Blast was.

And the only good 3d sonic game was Adventure 1.

On the subject of the move, it is a half-home. Locks onto an opponent, and then homes in on that particular point. But half-homing attack isn't that good of a move name, it is?

Pero

Smash Apprentice
Sonic CD was not in 3d.

Sonic 3D Blast was.

And the only good 3d sonic game was Adventure 1.

On the subject of the move, it is a half-home. Locks onto an opponent, and then homes in on that particular point. But half-homing attack isn't that good of a move name, it is?
Ahh yea that Sonic my Bad and Sonic adventure 2 was good. But i guess its just me i like sonic heros also it was fun.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
SA1 and SA2 were the best 3D Sonic games.
Sonic Heroes is good, but it's one of those games where, you know, you gotta try it before you buy it. I like it, got all A's and Super Hard Mode and whatnot.

Homing Attack in Smash is clearly dumbed down. So is the Spin Dash. Remember in SA1 and SA2 how you could spin dash and then press B or Y (depending on whether you played on DC or GC) to get back to running on your feet? And remember how fast the homing attack was in those games? Yeah. Sonic is low tier because he CHOOSES to be low tier. Unlike Snake, who said, "The hell with these cartoon characters," and blows everybody up.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
HA is stilla great move if you use it right. as long as the opponent doesent see it coming, or know how you time it, its not too hard to hit with it.

i often times get ppl saying "wtf" after i hit them with HA, because they dont understand it's hit reach like i do.

and , if you use HA right, you can kill people with it, so it is worth the hit miss.

and always up-b after HA if your target is grounded and you miss, jsut do it. because if u dont u could get a nice punish.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
pppffffft. zGood guys outsmart 'homing' missiles on the time. Obi-wan just threw his space junk out the back of his ute and got away from certain death. The naming homing has always flirted with semantics.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
No, it's not.

Unless you meant to tell/remind everybody how bad HA is.

Then we already knew/if someone didn't, learn about it.

chaoechidna

Smash Apprentice
it is pretty useless. reminds me of falcon punch... just much much much weaker. Still, if you ever get a kill off with it, it feels good. and the other person feels like an idiot. so yea, it's a falcon punch.

oh, and again, recovery when you have an opponent that doesn't know to spotdodge. maybe "attack" wasn't the best way to name it. more like... "homing move" or "semi-homing move."

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
ummmm actually i thought homing was more like locking on to your target in the nearest possible range. so that does not mean that it has to follow wherever the target goes. it has to be within a certain range right? i kinda sound stupid now dont i

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Why are we still discussing this move?

:093:

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Even that's useless cause if you shield it you can Fsmash at the end. If they miss entirely you can stand out of their range and charge a uFsmash.

Also Chis. WTF? Close this ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom