• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Home of the ROBSquad - R.O.B. Social Thread

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Which members of the ROBsquad are going to SmashCon? I'm pretty sure I'm going.
At this point, idk.
Work is getting progressively worse in terms of letting me have free weekends/time in general. I work a typical 9-6, but it's the particular project that I'm on. Makes it hard to plan anything anymore. I did just secure EVO tho, so there's that.
I super hope things look up and I can go.
Have fun nevertheless if you go!

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
Since I'm in MD, I don't have any excuse not to go.

So I'll be there.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
@ Crome Crome I'm planning on going. Gonna talk it over with the GF, and probably pregister next week sometime.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I actually might not be able to go. It's 18 hours away, and I'm only gonna be able to attend 1 day. Im not sure if it's worth it.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
How do you guys deal with Ness and Luigi, when they can combo you so much?
Head over to the MU thread!

Here's what we had to say about Luigi & Ness!

Quick TL;DR of my opinions on the MUs -
Ness - We win the MU, it's a camp fest. Focus a lot on gimps with gyro and laser.
Luigi - Luigi wins slightly. Watch out for down B, WoP him so his Up B is too far from the stage to recover.

Last edited:

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
Now that I think about it, is there a MU for Sonic yet? He's still someone I have problems with.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
So, now that I have actual legit access to this account again, I can start using it. Sheesh. Ah well, losing log-in credentials & e-mail addy you used to sign up for an account after like... 2-3 years of inactivity is par for the course.

That being said, methinks I'll have a surprise for you suckas rather soon-ish.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Anyone going to What the Fox? I want to go to some big event this summer. It's probably gonna be either What the Fox or Smash Con.

Any other majors near the midwest this summer?

Edit. Confused What the Fox and Do you Fox Wit It.

Last edited:

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Anyone going to What the Fox? I want to go to some big event this summer. It's probably gonna be either What the Fox or Smash Con.

Any other majors near the midwest this summer?

Edit. Confused What the Fox and Do you Fox Wit It.
Make it SmashCon, as Im more apt to go to that one. =P

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
do you have an ethernet adapter?
yes sir.

edit:
Oo, any streaming ideas anyone?
I typically do ranked matches and viewer matches
and I thought about doing For Glory Fridays where I do FG for an hour or so, but that's all I got for now.
Any help?

Last edited:

Zegend

Smash Cadet
play For Glory and try to make your opponent as salty as possible

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
yes sir.

edit:
Oo, any streaming ideas anyone?
I typically do ranked matches and viewer matches
and I thought about doing For Glory Fridays where I do FG for an hour or so, but that's all I got for now.
Any help?
One of the streamers I visit on somewhat regular occasions does a King of the Hill, where he plays vs. the current King once they get 5 wins, 10 wins, 15, etc.

Another streamer does "themed" nights; like one is a ladies night where only female characters are played, another is Pokemon Master night, where only Pokemon can be played, etc etc.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Theme nights are cool, but it'd be annoying to have a whole day dedicated to that. Maybe do it like InfernoOmni, where you can challenge him to specific games.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Would any of you people contribute to a stage discussion thread? I know not all stage lists are the same, but it'd be nice to weed out the good from the bad stages.

Jaaahsh

Smash Cadet
(Figured I might as well come and say hello—long-time lurker, blah blah blah.)

Hello, everyone! I'm Jaaahsh, a Minnesota TO who occasionally gets to gyro/laser my tournament-goers into submission.
I'm the highest-rated ROB in Minnesota, #7 on the Minnesota power ranking (up-tilt celebratory chain), though I think that's partially a crock. Our #1 player is a Ganondorf, and I've managed to beat him every time we've seen each other in tournament, so I imagine that helped me place on the PR. (/endbrag)

Regardless! I'm excited to share what I know and even more excited to learn! :D Beep-boop-ahoy!

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Would any of you people contribute to a stage discussion thread? I know not all stage lists are the same, but it'd be nice to weed out the good from the bad stages.
To be honest with you, I was actually about to start one. I was designing some nifty cool images/graphics to display summarized info and such & thinking about different lists and the like.

@ Jaaahsh Jaaahsh Welcome to the ROB boards. Always a pleasure to see a new face, and always nice to see ROBs on PRs. I started playing again recently (attending tourneys in mid-March) and my state is about to update its PR & I'm hoping to be on it now that Ive got enough events under my belt to qualify. Also nice to see someone else spam U-tilts as celebration. U-tilt->U-tilt->Taunt where ROB "drops"->Taunt where he shakes head w/ flashy eyes = Best taunt chain.

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
To be honest with you, I was actually about to start one. I was designing some nifty cool images/graphics to display summarized info and such & thinking about different lists and the like.
Yea you go ahead, it'll be better than mine.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Anyone know any high res art of our beloved bot?
All my walls in my room are blank and I work at a print shop.
I think I might do an 11 x 17 of my avi, but other than that it seems like rob art is rare D:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I think I might do an 11 x 17 of my avi, but other than that it seems like rob art is rare D:

That's probably the highest res you'll find of his CSS portrait.

Jaaahsh

Smash Cadet
Here is a link to an imgur album with all super high quality .pngs (with transparency!) of the defaults.
And here is a link to high quality .jpgs of the alternate colors (though there's a white background, which is annoying for transparency reasons for some characters).

Jaaahsh

Smash Cadet
@ Jaaahsh Jaaahsh Welcome to the ROB boards. Always a pleasure to see a new face, and always nice to see ROBs on PRs. I started playing again recently (attending tourneys in mid-March) and my state is about to update its PR & I'm hoping to be on it now that Ive got enough events under my belt to qualify. Also nice to see someone else spam U-tilts as celebration. U-tilt->U-tilt->Taunt where ROB "drops"->Taunt where he shakes head w/ flashy eyes = Best taunt chain.
If a kill was a surprise or I'm impressed with myself, I also like to lightly flick the control stick left, then pause, then right/left, so ROB has this effect of sorta looking around confused. Usually gets a laugh out of my opponent.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I've been nominating in the rate their chance dlc a R.O.B. eye bug fix to spread the word of this horrendous glitch, I would appreciate other nominations from you guys.

The more people who know about it, the more likely it will be fixed.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
(Figured I might as well come and say hello—long-time lurker, blah blah blah.)

Hello, everyone! I'm Jaaahsh, a Minnesota TO who occasionally gets to gyro/laser my tournament-goers into submission.

Regardless! I'm excited to share what I know and even more excited to learn! :D Beep-boop-ahoy!
([^_^] welcome! ([^_^]
y u guyz lurk and never keep us bots any company. we do have some emotion you know.
happy to meet you dude =]

Here is a link to an imgur album with all super high quality .pngs (with transparency!) of the defaults.
And here is a link to high quality .jpgs of the alternate colors (though there's a white background, which is annoying for transparency reasons for some characters).
omg ty
I forgot where these were.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Quick question:

Am working on the Stage Discussion thread (will probably post Wed/Thurs) but I was curious how you guys would prefer to approach it?

Option A - Stage By Stage Basis:
  • Each week we discuss a different stage
  • Overall pros and cons of ROB on the discussed stage.
  • What characters should & shouldn't be taken to this stage (see format below).
  • Strike to (if neutral) vs. _________
  • Avoid striking to (if neutral) vs. __________
  • Counterpick vs. _________
  • Ban vs. _________
  • Overall rating for ROB on this stage.
  • A positive with this approach is that there's significantly less stages than chars, so we can spend a week on each stage.
  • The downside is that since there are so many characters, it may be hard to get an accurate portrayal of what chars to take where (as odds are most characters mentioned will be top/high tiers, with the occasional low-tier main popping in to contribute)

Or Option B- Character by Character Basis:
  • Each week we focus on 3 characters (those already covered in MU discussions)
  • We analyze the stages based on playing against that specific character.
    • Ex: Week 1: Diddy/Sheik/Sonic
      Analyze the MU on all stages in terms of what to pick, what to ban, what to try to avoid, etc.
  • A positive is that we will get to fully explore the MU with that character on virtually all the listed stages
  • A downside is that it will take quite a long time to finish, and each "discussion" will have a LOT of parts to it.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Maybe both, but we do Option B later(After A)? Option A would definitely be faster and simpler, but B is much more in depth and useful.

Jaaahsh

Smash Cadet
I'm a fan of talking about stages in-depth, but I wonder if it wouldn't get a little repetitive. Though not Lylat. There are some crazed laser shenanigans on Lylat...

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I really need to work on the R.O.B ditto. The PR #1 player in my scene is also a R.O.B.

Top Bottom