• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Home of the ROBSquad - R.O.B. Social Thread

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
(I totally posted a link to the wrong thread accidentally. I updated my post)

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
"Self-Destruct Moves: If a match ends with the successful use of a characters self-destruct move, the player that initiated the self destruct move wins the match regardless of what the results screen states. Self-destruct moves include only Ganondorf's Side-B, King Dedede's Neutral-B, Wario's Neutral-B, Kirby's Neutral-B, Bowser's Side-B, and R.O.B.'s Up-Throw."

Feels like such a tricky rule. I know it's been done in the past. My concern lies within the moves that are escapble: warior's bite, kirby swallow, d3 swallow.
What happens if he spits out last second, but it's visually hard to see that? Always wondered about that.
@ GwJ GwJ

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm actually not sure on that. If you kirby/dedede/wario-cide, do they die at the same time?

Zegend

Smash Cadet
You can suicide with your opponent using upthrow?

Last edited:

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Yep! If ROB initiates an uthrow on a moving platform and it moves out from under him during the animation, he'll drop into the blast zone and suicide with his opponent; however, ROB dies first and the opponent always gets the win I believe. Also, where did you get your avatar if you don't mind me asking? It looks really cool.

In terms of suicide clauses, my region uses game ruling to determine the victor first and foremost, and the initiator wins only if it goes to sudden death. I personally think that's a pretty fair method.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Personally I prefer the method of the victory going to the player that initiated the suicide move simply because the game is wildly inconsistent about what constitutes a win under those situations. I.e., Bowser always dies first, Ganon always dies last, I'm pretty sure Kirby and Dedede either die first or die based on character weight.

In the situation that a character is spat out, I think it should be treated the same as if the character had broken out of the grab. In those cases Kirby/Dedede would likely die first simply because of the ending lag of the animation, wouldn't know about Wario.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I actually added ROB's in specifically because it wasn't mentioned elsewhere but I have seen it happen and I have done it myself. It's just as much as suicide move as any other.

Zegend

Smash Cadet
Yep! If ROB initiates an uthrow on a moving platform and it moves out from under him during the animation, he'll drop into the blast zone and suicide with his opponent
heh, that's pretty cool, and it sounds so situational/hard to actually do that the opponent should die first imo

and my avatar is just from searching ROB into google images lol. here's the full image

1FC0

Smash Lord
Robots do not do sex though because unlike inferior biological systems robots can be manufactured by asexual means.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
Howdy, I got on Rush hour smash today and got to rep R.O.B. a bit. There's an unfortunate amount of lag, but I'm still interested in any criticism or recommendations you folks have. For the record, customs were on and I was using 1131

http://www.twitch.tv/rushhoursmash/v/3866937
My time up starts at 3:26:01

Last edited:

Aygent

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ayygent
3DS FC
4570-7961-7152
Hello fellow ROBsquad. New to this thread, and I've dubbed ROB one of my two mains in sm4sh. In regards to what's been recently talked about, I don't think ROB can SD with the up throw. Only thing I could think of is mid-transformation on Delfino Plaza, but that's it.

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
Hello fellow ROBsquad. New to this thread, and I've dubbed ROB one of my two mains in sm4sh. In regards to what's been recently talked about, I don't think ROB can SD with the up throw. Only thing I could think of is mid-transformation on Delfino Plaza, but that's it.
ROB can suicide off the moving platforms on Smashville and town and City using his up throw. It kills ROB first.
Source: Did it today while practicing.

Brazen Rook

Smash Rookie
NNID
Phrymz
My Smash4 soundtrack CD arrived today! The lack of ROB anywhere on the cover is a bit disappointing though. Why no love for our favourite bot, Sakurai? :4rob:

Zegend

Smash Cadet
Nice, Brazen. It's a shame nintendo hates europe, otherwise I'd have my CD too

Breadbot

Smash Cadet
heh, that's pretty cool, and it sounds so situational/hard to actually do that the opponent should die first imo

and my avatar is just from searching ROB into google images lol. here's the full image

This looks like something I'd see on a tshirt for some reason
Is this some shirt design which I can buy somewhere? My goal in life now is to collect as many R.O.B. related tshirts as possible so I have a whole tourney wardrobe.
Can't wear the same R.O.B. shirt to every tourney :p

Zegend

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'd definitely buy a tshirt or hoodie with that design.
Someone arty, get on that.

Zegend

Smash Cadet
Man, what a plot twist :> Are you gonna try to do it? If so, mad respect bro

Breadbot

Smash Cadet
Maybe…Although I don't just want to steal stuff slap it on a shirt and claim it my own. Make it my own stuff at least…
You guys need to feed me ideas though since I'm not the best at coming up with them myself
that and idk how I would put it on a shirt, someone would have to help me out with that also…

but making R.O.B. related shirts would be cool I guess.

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
Maybe…Although I don't just want to steal stuff slap it on a shirt and claim it my own. Make it my own stuff at least…
You guys need to feed me ideas though since I'm not the best at coming up with them myself
that and idk how I would put it on a shirt, someone would have to help me out with that also…

but making R.O.B. related shirts would be cool I guess.
Shirt with my avatar on it. I'd pay mad monies for that.

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
Robotic Operating Buddies! We have work to do!
There's a new Conquest between R.O.B. and Mega Man!
We all know Mega Man is the most hyped character in Smash 4, but we can't let him take this conquest from us without a Fight!

You know what we must do!
With Anyone! For Fun or For Glory, enter your comfort zone, and Dominate!

There are two factors to how many points get contributed: How many people play and how high their score when they win. Losing will still earn you 1 point, but the higher your KO-to-Fall ratio, the more points you contribute!

Let's squash the Mega Man threat with quality over quantity! ... In fact let's get some quantity up in here too! Get your friends that Don't play With Anyone to jump in as R.O.B. too! even if it means just going into For Fun mode, every single contributing match helps us!

and if you see other R.O.B.s out there, be nice to them.

Raise Our Banner!
Reach Out! Believe!
Ride On, Buddies!

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
R.O.B. is going to lose this since he is so rare and Megamen are all over the place. Still, I will be contributing to only R.O.B. so it will not be my fault.
I already contributed 6 points with 1v1 =)

Last edited:

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
R.O.B. is going to lose this since he is so rare and Megamen are all over the place. Still, I will be contributing to only R.O.B. so it will not be my fault.
I already contributed 6 points with 1v1 =)
I've actually seen far more R.O.B.s than Megamen (I love that word so much), both online and locally, so we do have a good chance. I've already made my contribution.

B_Bech

Smash Cadet
NNID
B_Bech
3DS FC
2578-3111-2218
What would guys say to getting a sort of crowd sourced R.O.B. guide going with the project being headed by one of the more active contributors here? For reference, in the Brawl days I made a community guide for R.O.B. that went pretty well and I took feedback from members on what to input on subjective matters and put together hitbox and frame data as well as other information. This led to a very nice compendium of data and gameplay tips.

@ Mister Eric Mister Eric @ B_Bech B_Bech @ChiboSempai
Sorry I just saw this, you guys should hit me up over text/ skype and we should totally hash things out.

SpicyMango

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone! I'm new to Smashboards and ROB is probably my best character right now, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi to my fellow ROB mains!:D

1FC0

Smash Lord
I've actually seen far more R.O.B.s than Megamen (I love that word so much), both online and locally, so we do have a good chance. I've already made my contribution.
Really? Maybe I am just unlucky.

Also 12 points from me now =)

Hi everyone! I'm new to Smashboards and ROB is probably my best character right now, I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi to my fellow ROB mains!:D
Hi.

Last edited:

Breadbot

Smash Cadet
Robotic Operating Buddies! We have work to do!
There's a new Conquest between R.O.B. and Mega Man!
We all know Mega Man is the most hyped character in Smash 4, but we can't let him take this conquest from us without a Fight!

You know what we must do!
With Anyone! For Fun or For Glory, enter your comfort zone, and Dominate!

There are two factors to how many points get contributed: How many people play and how high their score when they win. Losing will still earn you 1 point, but the higher your KO-to-Fall ratio, the more points you contribute!

Let's squash the Mega Man threat with quality over quantity! ... In fact let's get some quantity up in here too! Get your friends that Don't play With Anyone to jump in as R.O.B. too! even if it means just going into For Fun mode, every single contributing match helps us!

and if you see other R.O.B.s out there, be nice to them.

Raise Our Banner!
Reach Out! Believe!
Ride On, Buddies!

(been waiting for the day to use this gif, also contributed 12 points <3 )

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
My Smash4 soundtrack CD arrived today! The lack of ROB anywhere on the cover is a bit disappointing though. Why no love for our favourite bot, Sakurai? :4rob:
I'm not sure what you expected, He is a hidden character and they never get much attention (with a couple of exception such as Lucina and Brawl third parties)

Lunix7

Smash Apprentice
I have 6 points in conquest for R.O.B. so far! I haven't seen any mega man players yet...

1FC0

Smash Lord
Does the game show it when another player is having a conquest match?

And I do not think that I have seen any Megamen either this conquest even though I have seen like 4 other R.O.B'.s since the conquest started.
Maybe we do have a chance after all....

Last edited:

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
I fought two Mega Men. Both times it went to sudden death, but I was able to deny them victory.

I contributed 7 points so far. The 1 point was from an encounter with a Fox who knew what he was doing. Too bad I didn't hear about this conquest earlier. FG is just too much fun.

Last edited:

Lunix7

Smash Apprentice
Does the game show it when another player is having a conquest match?

And I do not think that I have seen any Megamen either this conquest even though I have seen like 4 other R.O.B'.s since the conquest started.
Maybe we do have a chance after all....
Yes that's the spirit! We have a chance at winning! Fight, R.O.B.! For everlasting peace!

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
Buddies!
The Mega Men have already taken the conquest on the 3DS. But I am still proud of the work we did.
For we still put up a great fight. 39% to 61% is not bad considering other conquests before with even more popular characters than R.O.B. And in the end that is still a victory to me.
There will be a next time. We will have another chance.
This time we showed that we have what it takes, next time we will use it.

Beep. :4rob:

1FC0

Smash Lord
Yeah and I even gave R.O.B. 30 points.
But Megaman is really populair so we kind of had it coming, I guess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom