• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Holy Smash: Deuteronomy *12/17/11* Lake Alfred Florida

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lol...you think you post too much??:laugh:*thinks of mink's post count**looks at my post count**compares join dates* again i lol...

Ummm there's a few burger places. That's all ik for sure.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Food Avenue is down the road,

It's got (i could be wrong on some):

McD's
BK
Taco Bell
Pizza hut
KFC
Arbys
Publix

And my post count wins.

IT makes me look like a good player.

Exdeath

Smash Master
There's also this place called Maryland Fried Chicken down the road. The chicken is mediocre, but their fries are broken tier.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'm going to the cowboys vs bucs game Saturday night in Tampa. I'll be there all day so I won't be here at all, Jeff

:phone:

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
I'm taking mm's my Ike vs?
And marth vs?
samus vs?

Also team mm vs me and true blue.

Also me and my boy are taking teams son!!!!!

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
our friend MaoMao and/or MehMeh may be making an appearance here.

We're going to a Skrillex concert on Thurs, and they're staying at my place til planned, Saturday.

So they may come, since Mao goes to FGCU w/Viper and them.

hype

Exdeath

Smash Master
MM vs my :ness2:, :marth:, or :olimar: any1?

DDD vs Ness
DDD vs Marth
DDD vs Olimar
Olimar vs Ness
Olimar vs Marth

$1

MM anyone?
:rob: Vs. ?
:rosalina: Vs. ?
:marth: Vs. ?

DDD vs R.O.B.
DDD vs Peach
DDD vs Marth
Olimar vs R.O.B.
Olimar vs Peach
Olimar vs Marth

$1

I'm taking mm's my Ike vs?
And marth vs?
samus vs?

Also team mm vs me and true blue.

Also me and my boy are taking teams son!!!!!

DDD vs Ike
DDD vs Marth
DDD vs Samus
Olimar vs Ike
Olimar vs Marth
Olimar vs Samus

$1

our friend MaoMao and/or MehMeh may be making an appearance here.

We're going to a Skrillex concert on Thurs, and they're staying at my place til planned, Saturday.

So they may come, since Mao goes to FGCU w/Viper and them.

hype
I've... never heard of MehMeh. Either way, HYPE!

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Just to let everyone know apex rules are the 5 neutrals. FD,BF,YI,SV,LC(lylat cruise)
Ask chibo or Alex strife if you don't believe me. Reason why I brought this up because there has been trouble in the past on the stage rule set. Such as people playing with 7 starters. Also rainbow cruise and brinstar are ban.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Just to let everyone know apex rules are the 5 neutrals. FD,BF,YI,SV,LC(lylat cruise)
Ask chibo or Alex strife if you don't believe me. Reason why I brought this up because there has been trouble in the past on the stage rule set. Such as people playing with 7 starters. Also rainbow cruise and brinstar are ban.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Assuming that the amateur doubles tournament isn't large enough to pay out to third place, two monetary goals are:

- The first place team wins enough money to cover both their amateur bracket entrance fee and (if possible) regular bracket entrance fee
- The second place team wins enough money to cover their amateur bracket entrance fee

If this follows a traditional 70-30 pay out system with $2 per team, then both goals will be met if a minimum of 4 teams (8 players) enter, so it's relatively easy to do so, however a common goal for amateur bracket is for the winner(s) to not earn more winnings than anyone who earned winnings in the regular bracket, as to do so would make the regular bracket uncompetitive. Currently, my favorite example of this not happening was at Pound 5 when Cheese made more money than ESAM (4th place) and out-earned many more players in singles, such as M2K, GN35, R@Z3R, @DHD, etc. Technically he won more money than any other player at the tournament, however this would be true for those particular players regardless of Pl@nk's theft of the winnings for the regular bracket.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=298137

There are two particular competitive ways to cut-off for amateur bracket: Pools and placement. Standard pools for doubles would either have little point (e.g. pools of 2-3) or be excessively time-consuming (e.g. round robin). In order to satisfy the amateur pay out goals, the regular bracket would require 10 teams in order for the third place team to make their money back if the pay out is 60-30-10. This would leave a maximally filled amateur bracket to be 7 teams in this case This would allow all criteria to be fulfilled, but only if the pay out was changed to 85.7-14.3 for winnings of 12-2 for first and second place, respectively. To be explicit, the tournament pay outs would appear as such with 10 teams entering a 60-30-10 ($10 entry per team) bracket followed by an 85.7-14.3 ($2 entry per team) amateur bracket with 7 teams:

1st: $60 (-$10 for regular entry; total profit: $50, or $25 per person)
2nd: $30 (-$10 for regular entry; total profit: $20 or $10 per person)
3rd: $10 (-$10 for regular entry; total profit: $0 or $0 per person)
Amateur 1st: $12 (-$10 for regular entry and -$2 for amateur entry; total profit: $0 or $0 per person)
Amateur 2nd: $2 (-$10 for regular entry and -$ for amateur entry; total profit: -$10 or -$5 per person)

Naturally, this requires a shifting pay out for amateur bracket.

/Random Thinking While Procrastinating

Amateur doubles? Is this real life?

:facepalm:

Just because you don't support it doesn't make it an invalid idea. It'd be one thing if it caused Holy Smash to run late, but what with the usually large number of set-ups, streamlined TOing, and lack of the campier half of Florida, it's not much of a big deal to tack on minor events like these. To give perspective toward the other end, Keitaro brought up the idea for regularly hosting singles only, as it allows for some very fast tournaments.

Top Bottom