• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hold shield while selecting Samus to start out as Zero Suit Samus

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9547753&postcount=305

BAM.

Confirmed. ZSS for pros.

phanna edit:

Q: How do I play as Zero-Suit Samus (aka ZSS, Zamus)?

A: Besides Samus' Final Smash which will switch her in her suit of armor to zero-suit (and vice-versa), you can start a match as ZSS by holding down a shield button between the character select screen and the stage selection menu. This can also be done for controllers in the slot of a CPU opponent to have them start as ZSS.

Additionally, you can also shed your armor at any time by hitting up-down-up on the d-pad (very quickly). If you have a FS charged, you can do this transformation and still have it to use as ZSS. The only way to transform from ZSS back to Samus is through her Final Smash. See this Dojo update for more.

S2

Smash Lord
I say, she's not useless anymore.

I went from ultra excited, to disliking her, to ultra excited again.

ZSS is gonna rock it hard.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9548213&postcount=4828

With pictures this time!

It's R trigger for the GCN + Classic Controllers, - button for WiiMote, Z for Nunchuk.

She loses her armor at the start of the match, meaning you can throw the pieces of her armor at the beginning of the match. Unknown if the pieces are there if items are turned off, but I'm going to assume yes, which should make for some interesting match opening strategies.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I was hoping this as well, a lot of people wanted to play as Zmaus and they got they wishes.

Chepe

Smash Lord
YES! Even with yesterday's update I knew that Sakurai would throw in an unofficial way to play as her without items! Zero Suit Samus is officially tournament friendly! And looks like she always has the benefit of a couple projectiles whenever she starts! :laugh:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Doesn't matter so much. Sheik had the worst Down B in the game but that didn't stop her from owning.
Zelda may be pretty low tier, but nah, Sheik's Down-B ain't the worst. Zelda can be used for a long range Up-B, and she has other good attacks such as Naryu's love, and a much longer range F-air that also owns. Mario's Down-B by far is probably the worst. It's a mediocre recovery move, and his worst attack.

On topic: I hear ZSS is fairly combo oriented unlike Samus. I wonder if on the other hand she lacks killing strength. Killing strength seems to be more emphasized in Brawl, and less prominent in the faster characters, so I dunno, what do you think?

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
Ohhh this is the best news yet out of all the spoilers out there. Thats if you include this as a spoiler. ZSS is now offcially my main (DK or Lucario could steal her no.1 when I actually play).

drengist

Smash Journeyman
Any idea if you can switch to normal Samus in the middle of the match without Smash Balls? When you're killed perhaps?

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
This was the most interesting thread of the day. I'll try ZSS sometime after I try the Kirby characters =).

rtmcs1017

Smash Cadet
YAY!

I was afraid she wasn't going to be selectable, but now its proven she is!

There will be much rejoicing.

..and on a side note.

Boobies.

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
I discovered that when I saw the new Japanese "SSBB" gameplay video on GameTrailers.

This is so awesome! (*POINTS TO AVATAR*) I'd rather be Zero Suit Samus than regular Samus because I think she looks way cooler without her armor (which makes her look like a robot), and now I don't have to do a Final Smash as her vanilla form to do it! Woo-hoo! :chuckle:

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
On topic: I hear ZSS is fairly combo oriented unlike Samus. I wonder if on the other hand she lacks killing strength. Killing strength seems to be more emphasized in Brawl, and less prominent in the faster characters, so I dunno, what do you think?
I'd like to play as her first (and I honestly am looking forward to using her) before I really throw this out there, but her Fsmash does not look bad. Could easily be used for KOing in quite a few circumstances due to it's range. However, before I really stand by that I'd rather play first.

Great that she is a full character though, I was pretty disappointed while was in the mindset she was only playable after Samus's FS.

gamer8

Smash Lord
I posted this at gametrailers yesterday, and nobody even heard of this before I posted it... lol...

1000th post!

Top Bottom