• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 37 Project WHOBO4 (3 of 5) by GameOver Video Games- IMPULSE Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaterToT

Smash Rookie
Is he in the game, or not? Discussion closed.

:phone:
Well if you want to use the "It's in the game" argument then let's all play a free for all with items on and play on hyrule temple! It is a part of the game, right?
My point here is that tournament are about finding the most skilled player. Things like items and dumb stages take away the skill required to win and turn the game more luck based and more of who can out-gay the other person. When something in the game is unfair or broken, like things such as items, stupid stages, and metaknight, tournaments take it out so that the game is fair and can determine who is the best player.

TaterToT

Smash Rookie
That's true, but the IC"s grab range sucks. Also, when people fight the Ice Climbers they try not to get grabbed, and usually unleash ultimate gayness upon the Ice Climbers. There are millions of ways that every character can kill nana if you separate them, and once nana is dead popo by himself is almost useless. Not to mention that you can break out of a grab below 40%, and some characters such as snake are hard to chaingrab and even some of the best IC's mess up chaingrabbing him. Also, I'd have to assume that ice climbers are much harder to use then MK.
Tournaments before MK was banned were run by metaknights. If the Ice Climbers were broken, they would be dominating tournaments like metaknight did.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
First of all "brokeness" isn't defined by tournament success. Let's just get that out of the way.

Secondly, whenever I footstool ICs and get grabbed for it, there's a problem. And just because they don't have D3's grab range doesn't mean their grab range is bad, Peach's grab range is bad. They can pivot grab MK's Tornado, and have a high vertical grab to grab people out of the air.

Lastly, it theoretically takes 3 grabs and the game is over. But honestly 1 grab is all it takes to gain the lead then you force your opponent to approach. Honestly, many IC players don't play their character right. If more IC's had 9B's approach where you just sit there until the grab comes it's done, yet I see ICs approaching constantly just trying to grab over and over. Sit in shield and practice your chains, done.

I'm not saying ICs are easy, they're not. But they have the potential and tools the be the best character in the game. Idk why anyone else sees this.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Ummm Metaknights Banned. We've dealt with him for 4 years, I think it's okay for him to be gone for a while. No character dominates the entire cast anymore. Let's just enjoy this level of play for a while.
Now let's talk about HOBO and how amazing it will be...

Tesh

Smash Hero
^Yes, please talk about HOBO.

I hear we are doing crews, 5v5 or something. Who is gonna be on each crew?

Daham1

Smash Cadet
Pretty well every character (when used to its full potential) uses infinites, planking, or some other form of overpowered attack. The only difference is that MK's full potential is reached much easier than the other characters are. If you learn another character to that same point of their full potential, it stands at the same tier as any MK, at least (if not better than) the only problem is the amount of defensive play you use… face it… people try playing offensively against MK and lose the majority of the time, but when playing defensively… the odds for you winning raise significantly. If IC's land a grab on mk, he's finished; if Pika gets him off the map, there is a near impossible odd that MK can get back without taking serious damage; falco's gun can put in unholy amounts of damage to MK when across maps; DK can kill MK just by grabbing him, going offmap and throwing him onto the underside of FD stage; olimar has ranged attacks with insane amounts of damage buildup; diddy can throw bananas and pretty well shutdown any character (see ADHD for proof); snake can grenade spam and make it near impossible for MK to navigate around the map; Ganondorf… nevermind; yoshi can egg him when he flies and has great close combat; kirby can finish him the second he clones MK's standard special; rob's gyro can shutdown his nado, not to mention he can onmap like nobodies business; weegee… well… just awesome all around; bowser can use firebreath to stop any of MK's attacks (same with charizard); zss can effectively destroy MK if she can land even one stun move; marth can edge fight far better than MK; GaW can infinite MK OR stop him in his tracks with standard special; Etc. need I continue?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Except for ICs getting the grab MK, he can get out of every situation you just mentioned, but that's enough talk about MK

Daham1

Smash Cadet
He CAN get out of them, it's just quite difficult, especially if someone knows what they're doing and has experience facing MK (i practice dodging with custom stage (large map) with closed in box, 3 lv nine MKs on a team against me (team att off) with my stam at 100 and theirs at 300… just see how long i can survive… so far around three minutes… ik it's different in pvp though, but if you can effectively dodge MK's attacks and land ranged attacks on him, he's done for. And i'm fine stopping the discussion, just MY opinion he should be allowed, if someone disagrees, well… big deal

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
I look forward to seeing you guys again I will definitely be there.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Glad to hear that BC! I love your avi by the way :)

Also, please keep this discussion on topic guys I want people to go to my tournaments not fight about something already decided.

Daham1

Smash Cadet
Glad to hear that BC! I love your avi by the way :)

Also, please keep this discussion on topic guys I want people to go to my tournaments not fight about something already decided.
Heh… sorry, i get sidetracked pretty easily. Anyways, any idea around how many people are attending so far? Also i kinda wanna know if there are gonna be any big names there, that way i can try and make it to watch their games :)

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I'm going to try to win this one with Peach.
Not getting first at the Corpus tournament really sparked my drive back up.

Daham, please stop talking about MK when you haven't even attended an offline tournament yet.
Just wait until HOBO, then maybe you will have a better understanding of what we are talking about.

Glad there are some new players coming to this, though.

Daham1

Smash Cadet
If you haven't noticed I said sorry about that four minutes before your post… it's over already…
Also… i only said i've never ENTERED a tournament, not that i've never been to one. So ik what you are trying to say, i just don't agree. "To each his own"
Fair enough?

Sync.

Smash Champion
Yeah don't worry about it Daham lol no one is mad at anyone just friendly discussion over a not so friendly topic haha. Good Illmatic :)

To answer your question Daham, the notable players going to this are: Gnes, Trela, Denti and Illmatic. A lot of not so big names that are still pretty good are going too. Expected size is mid 30s.

Sync.

Smash Champion
I haven't heard anything about HOBO from them so...yeah. If they do go, Espy and K Prime will be other notable players.

I will be entering, but I go under the "good but no name" category lol. No prob Daham :)

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I'm gonna be in Dallas this weekend judging at a YCS tourney for Yu-gi-oh : (

I will NOT miss 38 tho, I will do w/e I can to make it to that one.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
convinced this guy is a regular houston / sa player trolling

Daham1

Smash Cadet
Lol, i guess we'll all figure out on the day of the tourney then. Won't we? I'll just make you wait until it answers itself :troll:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
That was my girlfriend. Brawl is the superior game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom