• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 11: My Diddy results

Trela

Smash Lord
Hello all you Diddys. Just here to talk about how cool he is =P

A few weeks ago, I started looking around for some combo videos. I came across this one player, AlphaZealot, and watched in amazement as his Diddy owned. I wanted to give Diddy a go.

After nearly learning all of his AT's, I started practicing with my friends. They HATE ME FOR LIFE. They call me the ultimate spammer, and started banning my Diddy from Friendlies with them. Even when they decided to triple team me, I still beat them (They do kinda suck). Again, i'm hated for life.

When I got to HOBO 11, I was scared. I thought I would be last place and crap, and when I got in the pool with RoyR (One of the best Marth players), well, EEK!

My first match in the Pool was with RoyR. Since i'm a Lucario mainer, I used him against his Marth. Me got 2 stocked. So, I decided to try out my Diddy. It went the other way around. Diddy is too good!

Before the Brackets started, I went walking around, fighting other people. Out of all of the matches I did, I lost about 4 times with Diddy, but won about 20-25 times with him. I LOVE DIDDY!

Even though I lost badly in the Tourney, I still had a fun time. Since everyone says that i'm better with Diddy than Lucario, i'm thinking about Maining Diddy 1st.

Thank you AlphaZealot for showing me what it means to Diddy!

=Trela=

ADHD

Smash Hero
good job, you should practice with him religiously if you want to compete with him

Falcord

Smash Apprentice
Heh you went through my same experience, without the tournament part in my case.

I used to main lucario, then I tried diddy and it's hard to come back.

However, be careful, did you play always in neutral stages? In my opinion, lucario adapts much better to all the stages than diddy, and you might have not noticed that disadventage if you only played in flat zones.

Trela

Smash Lord
Dear god nobody show him NL or Nanerz. He might asplode!!!
I also thank NL for the AT vids =D

Heh you went through my same experience, without the tournament part in my case.

I used to main lucario, then I tried diddy and it's hard to come back.

However, be careful, did you play always in neutral stages? In my opinion, lucario adapts much better to all the stages than diddy, and you might have not noticed that disadventage if you only played in flat zones.
Yeah. Its hard to stop playing Diddy..

Not all of them were Neuturals, but most of them were. I tried Counterpicking Corneria. Didn't turn out so good.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I saved a replay of me beating M2K with diddy >_>.

I'll have to upload that some time.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
M2k found his kryptonite i guess. I dont even think MK is that hard anymore (if Hylian beat his MK)

Trela

Smash Lord
I saved a replay of me beating M2K with diddy >_>.

I'll have to upload that some time.
Hah. Nice going!

The only other person I saw beat M2K was RoyR. I was just sitting with Azen and him like half of the time I was there. When that Lucas did that Down-B on M2K and KOed him, it was FUNNY!

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
M2k found his kryptonite i guess. I dont even think MK is that hard anymore (if Hylian beat his MK)
I think it's worth clarifying that he was beaten in pre-tournament friendlies, where Hylian got the benefit of staying up all night before the tourney training. =) I'M SO JEAL

Also, it deserves note that Kansas' own Nynja was able to sneak off with a victory over M2K in his pool, splitting with him 1-1. Diddy is too sexy. Thanks again to both Nynja and FlipHop for the dittos!

BALLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN'

infernovia

Smash Ace
Diddy is so sexy, he might just make Banana and spam a staple in this diet.

Wanna see some vids though.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I SDed at exactly 4% vs ninja on my first stock, that is the only reason i lost that match (I would have won 1 stock low % otherwise), that is not really beating me, but rather just getting really lucky. Hylian I think I ***** you the match after that didn't I? The match RoyR "beat" me, after he spiked me at 30% and then instead of drill rushing back up, I accidently pressed up B and died, when he was at 1 stock 120, and I beat him the 2 or 3 matches convincingly before that.

if you're going to say things which make me look bad, at least include the important "details" like those.

DUB

Smash Lord
I SDed at exactly 4% vs ninja on my first stock, that is the only reason i lost that match (I would have won 1 stock low % otherwise), that is not really beating me, but rather just getting really lucky. Hylian I think I ***** you the match after that didn't I? The match RoyR "beat" me, after he spiked me at 30% and then instead of drill rushing back up, I accidently pressed up B and died, when he was at 1 stock 120, and I beat him the 2 or 3 matches convincingly before that.

if you're going to say things which make me look bad, at least include the important "details" like those.
SD wasn't your fault?

Sorry, but the Diddy boards don't accept johns. :ohwell:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Yes, you 3 stocked me the next match LOL.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@Mootooking:

I just said you were having some 'bad luck' against Diddy's, not that you have a lack of skill (Of which we know there is an abundance).

Don't worry, I think people would be hard pressed to make you 'look bad'.

lol.
Mootooking.

EDIT:
lol, everyone replied at the same time.

Trela

Smash Lord

I'm not one of those people that will come up to you M2K and say "NOE JOHNZ!" and feel cool about Johning you. I think you did AWSM at the Tourney.

Everyone loses every once in a while. Learn to accept it people. Get used to it! OK?

.... really small speech too harsh? My badz.

=Trela=

Tomacawk

Smash Master
M2K only loses when he chooses too. If he won everytime the community would die and he would no longer be able to get money from tournaments. Being a smart man, M2K knows this, and lets people, every once in a long while, beat him. That's how smart he is. He mindgames you into thinking he's beatable and then johns to support said mindgame. You're all playing right into his game.

Trela

Smash Lord
M2K only loses when he chooses too. If we won everytime the community would die and he would no longer be able to get money from tournaments. Being a smart man, M2K knows this, and lets people, every once in a long while, beat him. That's how smart he is. He mindgames you into thinking he's beatable and then johns to support said mindgame. You're all playing right into his game.
This person speaks the Truth.

=Trela=

Le_THieN

Smash Lord

Really?

Really?

*sigh*

Look.

I sincerely apologize if the omission of the finer details have in any way flustered you or otherwise hurt you feelings. I guarantee you that it is neither my intention (or anyone else's for that matter) to just have a field day with the fact that you lost matches to Diddys. All I personally heard was that Nynja was able to take a match off of you, and I think that that, in and of itself and regardless of the circumstances, is impressive.

I'm glad that SmashBoards is such a small place that small yet meaningful victories like that for Diddy mains like us will not slip past your radar, and I have absolutely no qualms with being corrected with accompanying, lesser-known facts that shaped your defeat, but this is really just borderline narcissistic. If you decide to erase these losses from the recesses of your memory and write them off as mistakes you shouldn't have made, then wonderful - that's on you. But I don't know if I'm okay with you standing around trying to strip Nynja or any other Diddy mains who may or may not have legitimately "beaten" any and all minutiae regarding the importance of these victories by solely chalking it up to mistakes that you made.

You can spin this any way you want to, but at the end of the day, you lost. Comebacks are not unusual in the realm of fighting games, so even if you marginalize the impact of Nynja's victory by putting all this ridiculous emphasis on how you SDed on the first stock at 4%, I am still impressed that Nynja was able to derail any and all of your possible comeback options in this particular match.

I'm sorry if this comes off as rude, but I just don't feel it's necessary to marginalize players who sneak in a victory over you like this. I'm just trying to give my boys props at the end of the day. I have the utmost respect for you, and - although you may not recall it - I got your attention and shook your hand twice after your respective stellar showings against both Dojo and DSF back to back. People call you the most dominant Brawl player in the world, and I am inclined to agree.

...and that's precisely why any win over you is important for us to mention. You're the man to beat. That's just the nature of the competitive scene, and I hope you'll be able to someday accept that without interpreting that as us trying to bury you alive.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Le THieN's right man. I mean, when you show up to a tourney, most ppl there think "well ****, there went any chance of me winning." It's not like we think your some a$$hole. Your jus too good lol. Plus me and Nynja are from Kansas, so think of it from our point of view. A guy from Kansas beat M2K, the best brawl player in the world?! Why in the world WOULDN'T he be excited? Even if it was just once and you SDed and etc etc. Same for the guys playin that character.

I mean, I heard some Pit player beat you and I'm like"Holy hell, I have a chance!" I also heard you won the next match, and then 3-stocked him after that.

So don't take it personally. Your the ****, that's why we hate you lol.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
hylian is pretty good, but m2k is too good and he won that tourny anyway didnt he
so please let us celebrate our small victories while you are scoring big, no one really doubts your skill :)

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
hylian is pretty good, but m2k is too good and he won that tourny anyway didnt he
so please let us celebrate our small victories while you are scoring big, no one really doubts your skill :)
What I said, only in a giant nutshell. =)

And before I forget again, the following two posts

M2K only loses when he chooses too.
This person speaks the Truth.
are ****ing absurd.

Mizar

Smash Ace
lol wow you guys miss the point, it's that you can't just try to argue things when dumb details are involved
Thanks for bursting our bubble on the Diddy board M2K :(

You're like scrooge at christmas :laugh:

I get your point though, but I'll have to agree with Le THieN

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
M2k has the right to defend himself. It's not like he's 'picking on the little guys.'

If it was any other poster you wouldn't give a ****.

Mizar

Smash Ace
ZZzzZZzZzZZzzZZZZZzzzzzzzZZzZzZzZZZZZzzzZzzZ

I'm sorry, who are you?
We're here to banish johns and to bring back the friendship to those in the fury of verbal warfare! Let people once again run together over the rainbow hand in hand!

(Okay... that sounded sounded alot less ghay in my head)

Dojo

Smash Champion
I beat thien in a diddy ditto at HOBO 11. O.o

Then we had a 4 way Diddy ffa with me, Hyli, Thien and someone else.
I was the first out and Thien took off 7 stock out of 9. O.O

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I think some people are confusing Ninjalink with some Kansas player named Nynja >_>

i only win with diddy on final d, i hope people don't catch on and start banning it .-.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
I beat thien in a diddy ditto at HOBO 11. O.o
YEAH TECHNICALLY YOU WON, BUT NOT REALLY

[/time limit johns and me diminishing the impact of your victory]

LOL. Dojo, your Diddy is amazing. I truly, madly, deeply hate you.

Then we had a 4 way Diddy ffa with me, Hyli, Thien and someone else.
I was the first out and Thien took off 7 stock out of 9. O.O
Ohmigod, I don't think I've ever seen eight bananas in play before. That was dumb as ****. =)

Dojo

Smash Champion
Haha stupid 5 minute timer. XD
I'm going all diddy at Lee's 2v2.
Well maybe marth if someone takes me to like RC or something gay.
But I'm gonna see what it's like to not rely on Meta in tourney.
It's gonna happen soon, so I need to prepare.
I love you too.

And yeah that was overly ridiculous. XD

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
no 56k nynja not ninjalink. Dojo i didnt get to really see much of u or thiens diddy. i hope that changes at o snap.

Top Bottom