• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HIYA! the Lucario Training grounds, Prove yourself!

ok so im changing the origin of this topic to a battle grounds, and if you want id keep records for you, but this was originally created to help out lucarios with any sort of tricks and tips, but still posting this info is fine but i think alot of people have been challenging others in this thread, so thats what is now changing to, i have personally gotten several challenges myself all of which are great players and have helped me learn more about my lucario, the whole PvP stuff, but just let me know if your in on this! (through pm or AIM[in my profile])

List of Lucario challengers! (Wins / Losses)
1. HK Donut or the Blue Fire (9 / 7)

i look forward to giving and receiving challenges to all, and some good match ups this also isnt just for Lucario VS Lucario, its for anyone who stumbles upon it!

and as for my wii info
Name: Donut
FC: 4081-5236-2235

look foward to your contributions and matches with those who can.
Sincerely From, the HeavensKnight Donut of the Blue Fire.

Milln

Smash Champion
Learn to love your Nair, if you don't, already. It's one of my favorite moves with Lucario, especially the 2nd spin of it.

Turnaround Sphere is fantastic.

Oh! Donut, look into pressuring with Aura Charge vs. players that shield or spotdodge a lot. Bait the shield and either stick the charge into them or turnaround it. I hate using Lucario online, but i'll bite the bullet and show you some things if you'd like. =3

Milln

Smash Champion
Yeah, but I need to add you, first. =o My settings on my Aim won't let anyone see me if they're not on my list.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
My advice is do not use DT in a tournament. It's way too risky. I rarely even use it in a friendly. Also, this may just be one of my personal habits, but when I DO use DT, I use it on the ground. In the air, Lucario has better options (ie. his aerials...). Plus, DT has this weird characteristic of drastically stopping your momentum, so don't EVER use it while you are falling down towards a person.

Basically, save it for slow smashes and spammed projectiles.

yeah, in my matches samuelson i did use DT alot alongside dair, but they are habitual adaptatioins for my normal opponents, in which i use DT to counter one of my friends fsmash, and dair to halt my descent against zeldas usmash, just some chains that need to be broken thats all

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
I personally only use DT when recovering or if someone attempts to juggle/star KO while I am moving downward.

I'd be willing to play online considering I only have 2 people I actually play online currently and only one of which is actually any good: I really need something besides level 9 CPUs. :/ Just IM me -- my contact info is in my profile. That goes for anyone else who wants to play too since I could really use more people to play against. :p

Just to note I use Captain Falcon a lot more often online.

well im glad to face anyone, the tournament this weekend, is like $250 prize, and id like to do well enough in the singles to get a good place in the seedings, so my partner and i can win, right now im a little unsure about my partner, what do you guys think of luigi teaming up with lucario? my partner isnt as good as i am but hes decent enough.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Don't forget pseudo WoP's, jab-jab-grab (if they seem to escape FP too much), tip ftilt, and maybe even SJR dair? We need to see the application of this in a tourney setting.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Im not being a spokes person for Milin, but go watch his inner fire videos. They will help.
heres a link- http://www.youtube.com/user/InfiEphe

Also, when your charging your AS, you can immediately grab. Which is very very unexpected and useful.

Just remembered this, if you and someone else is fighting for the ledge, instead of Up-b-ing to safety, B-air the guy, it will send him straight down. Then save yourself . GG7 showed me this, well used it on me is more like it.
-t2

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
He said 10 was his last one. Unless of course he has material for and feels like making an 11. If so, by all means make it and I'll watch.

I can be the punching bag too, Infi, if you want to do it over Wifi. :p

tedward2000

Smash Champion
inner fire online, sounds like a double negative. but hey, ppl play online, why not?
-t2

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
Try to use less DT unless you know it will work: I noticed you will often try to DT if an attack is used just out of range. Also try to be more lenient on Dair and mix it up with dodge to another aerial -- some characters have a wider hitbox with utilt and can hit you if off-centered.

You had pretty nice AS usage, however, especially when I was trying to recover. Just remember your opponent might expect it to come low and rather stall in the air for a bit or FF to third jump and stall on the ledge.

I think either both of us need to work on spacing or maybe its partly in fault to slight lag in wifi.

XavantTheEnigma

Smash Journeyman
Hey Milln.
Got a question for you. Is Turnaround Sphere ONLY Possible with B-stick?
I'm assuming turn-around sphere is where you run, jump, instantly turn around and slap a charged aura sphere at them.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Actually b-sticking doesn't turn you around, you fly in the opposite direction but face the same way you were originally running. Pseudo-sticking is what turns you around, but all you have to do to turn around is jump, tap the other direction then shoot.

Milln

Smash Champion
Heysup.

Nodrak has correctly defined Turnaround Sphere and it is hot.

I'll play with someone for the next couple of hours. *keeps his remote control for his television handy to switch between Ps2 and Wii cables*

Nodrak

Smash Ace
I'll play ya. I bet you haven't played in slo-mo yet! I lag to hell and back but it's usually consistent enough to feel like your playing in training mode at 1/2 speed

Nodrak

Smash Ace
How the hell are you teching so much? I have delays in my attacks! >.<

Edit: Fun round, the beginning was kinda laggy but it evened out in the end =P Had fun, we need more Lucario on FD! twas fun

Milln

Smash Champion
Teching is hard in Brawl. Time it wrong and you airdodge and eat whatever attack was coming. T-T

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
well im glad you broght up JJto a grab, how cna i effectively pull that off? with little to no lag time
I know I made a topic about this earlier, but I actually did testing this time.

OK, so I was watching that tourney match between Azen and M2K. Lucario vs. Dedede. I couldn't help that notice that every time Azen went for the AA>Force Palm combo, M2K would side dodge it and proceed to chain grab him.

Now look...Force Palm's grab takes 11 frames before it actually reaches the opponent. During this time, most characters actually have time to reach the ground and side dodge. Because the move starts so soon, characters with good side dodges won't even have to worry about the force palm flame.

In a nutshell: AA>force palm is not really all that safe!

HOWEVER...Lucario's regular grab activates within 6 frames. That's much faster than Force Palm. Providing that the opponent doesn't DI the first jab, Lucario can do jab-jab-grab for an actual combo on most characters. That's a real combo. The grab hits them before the hitstun wears out.

What's even more sexy is that on big characters like Dedede, Lucario can actually jab cancel into another jab an it's a real combo as well. So if you wanted to be tricky, you could just do jab-jab-jab-jab-grab. :)

Unfortunately, running grabs don't work, so this combo is a little vulnerable to DI. Even so, using a grab instead of a force palm is a lot safer on dodge.
Does this help?

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Do you use Double Team to recover if not then add it as it's a great help.
Also, though no one is very good at it yet, start encorporating wall clings and jumps into your edgeguarding, for practice I use Yoshi's Island

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
Do you use Double Team to recover if not then add it as it's a great help.
Reverse DT is preferable if being edgeguarded due to the fact that the counter kick will move inward toward the stage rather than back out again. Regular DT can be useful if someone tries to juggle you, though.

im lovin it, so much sharing and caring among us lucarios, and id like some input on the team of either
(Me) (My Partner)
1. Lucario & Z-suit Samus?
2. Lucario & Luigi?
3. Lucario & Toon Link?

just would like some thoughts and ideas on these combo's! thanks

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I like the ideas, but also someone with a camp/reflect game (ie Armpit or Falco), or someone who can utilize it (G&W Bucket of Death!)

but I like the Luigi and TL team a bit. I also like my friend's snake with me in teams, and we set up for some interesting things.

thanx phil, his luigi and my lucario work well we do alot of grabbing combos, like he grabs them and i throw a full charged AS, or i hold them while he uses his up-b, those combos only work once or twice before they become invalid.

Top Bottom