• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Hitbox Visualization Compilation

Furil

Smash Apprentice
I think I found some hurt-box parameters.
They point to seemingly the correct bones.
The curl and ears also have entries, but there's no size or positions for them...
I'm going to take a break on making visuals until I figure the rest of this out.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Good luck with that Furil, we all appreciate the huge effort!
:196:

SpawnSean

Low Tier Hero
NNID
SpawnSean
I've noticed that you don't have Doctor Mario on your list of characters. Will you be doing his hitboxes?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I've noticed that you don't have Doctor Mario on your list of characters. Will you be doing his hitboxes?
I believe Furil plans to eventually do everyone, (If possible) but is taking a break to look into hurt-box work for the visualizations, as seen in his post at the top of this page. :4wiifit:

Furil

Smash Apprentice
The break may be slightly longer because I figured out the Wii U animation format!

Is there board here for Smash 4 hacking and modding?

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Pikachu looks like it has a mustache.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Is that an in-game animation for Pikachu, or did you kinda just make that? If the former, then what the hell is Pikachu doing?

Furil

Smash Apprentice
It's actually one of his win animations from Pokken.
Smash 4 and Pokken use the same model and animation data, but Pokken's textures are easier to decode so I used that.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I know you don't take requests, and that this character is in the "undecided yet" list, but with the amount of things Mario is doing right now, I am really interested in seeing his hitboxes.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
I don't know if this is relevant or not, but here goes !

P.S. : That mod isn't mine, btw, neither did I record the gameplay. If anyone wants info, ask the guy who made the video. Who knows, he might even be on Smashboards already !

Just dropping this here !

Edit 2 : Just checked the channel and it looks like the guy has more videos like this !

Last edited:

I speak Spanish too

Smash Journeyman
Furil Furil I noticed that Zelda's Phantom Slash hitbox data is not on the Zelda Hitbox Vixsulation thread. Is there a reason for this? You didn't seem to mention it on the thread or answer any question regarding it.

KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer I also noticed that Phantom Slash frame data is not on the website as well, Is there also a reason behind this? Also, as a quick heads-up, the data for Zelda's Jab is wrong. As of patch 1.1.6 it does 11% with all 3 hits-not 8%. Everything else looks good.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Furil Furil I noticed that Zelda's Phantom Slash hitbox data is not on the Zelda Hitbox Vixsulation thread. Is there a reason for this? You didn't seem to mention it on the thread or answer any question regarding it.

KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer I also noticed that Phantom Slash frame data is not on the website as well, Is there also a reason behind this? Also, as a quick heads-up, the data for Zelda's Jab is wrong. As of patch 1.1.6 it does 11% with all 3 hits-not 8%. Everything else looks good.
It is doing 11%. It says hits 1-2 do 3%. That means 6% + hit 3 at 5% = 11%. By the way, 1.1.6 was only the Bayonetta patch. Zelda jab was from an earlier patch.

I speak Spanish too

Smash Journeyman
well, if so it wasn't made clear. It is wriiten like jab hits 1 and 2 together do 3%. And I know that 1.1.6 was bayo exclusive, i just mentioned the latest patch

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer One thing that I think would be great to include on your site is grab end lag data, at least on a normalized target since I know weight dependencies change it, but it would be great to be able to look and see which throw for a character is the least laggy.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
And if we know the formula, you can put a total frames interval between Jiggs and Bowser on the weight dependent throws.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Ive already tried to find the formula based off Brawls old one and i couldnt find it =[
That's too bad. But do you think you'll eventually get the base throw frame data in there?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I don't know if this is relevant or not, but here goes !

P.S. : That mod isn't mine, btw, neither did I record the gameplay. If anyone wants info, ask the guy who made the video. Who knows, he might even be on Smashboards already !

Just dropping this here !

Edit 2 : Just checked the channel and it looks like the guy has more videos like this !
Judging by the tag and the channel name I believe that's @Meshima

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
And if we know the formula, you can put a total frames interval between Jiggs and Bowser on the weight dependent throws.
I don't know how it worked in Brawl, but there's definitely no formula like "add 20% endlag for throwing Bowser, 20% endlag for Jigglypuff". It's a variance unique to the throw. I understand Mario's Bthrow in Brawl was very dynamic. Well in Smash 4, the startup for throwing Jigglypuff is 39 frames, 44 for WFT, and 49 for Bowser pre patch 1.15. Sounds consistent, but its endlag is not. 14 for jigglypuff, 17 for WFT, and 18 for Bowser.

The only way to know is to frame count it yourself. But these charts are a bit out of date after Bowser's weight increased. No doubt some startup or endlag values are now one frame more for him. I'm also concerned that my partner and I were not on the same page with counting when endlag began on some charts. I counted startup as first frame to the frame where the victim is released and dealt damage. But throws don't have hitlag, so I'd count endlag starting on the frame after that so there's no overlap. But with normal moves, the frame that damage is dealt is separate from the frame where the victim is released, because there's hitlag between them. Choosing what frame is the first frame of throw endlag is not something I've ever heard somebody's opinion on. But no doubt there will be some difficulty in getting people on the same page.

And just thinking about reinterpreting it further into FAF is going to make me go crosseyed.

Edit: Forgot to link what I was talking about.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I don't know how it worked in Brawl, but there's definitely no formula like "add 20% endlag for throwing Bowser, 20% endlag for Jigglypuff". It's a variance unique to the throw. I understand Mario's Bthrow in Brawl was very dynamic. Well in Smash 4, the startup for throwing Jigglypuff is 39 frames, 44 for WFT, and 49 for Bowser pre patch 1.15. Sounds consistent, but its endlag is not. 14 for jigglypuff, 17 for WFT, and 18 for Bowser.

The only way to know is to frame count it yourself. But these charts are a bit out of date after Bowser's weight increased. No doubt some startup or endag values are now one frame more for him. I'm also concerned that my partner and I were not on the same page with counting when endlag began on some charts. I counted startup as first frame to the frame where the victim is released and dealt damage. But throws don't have hitlag, so I'd count endlag starting on the frame after that so there's no overlap. But with normal moves, the frame that damage is dealt is separate from the frame where the victim is released, because there's hitlag between them. Choosing what frame is the first frame of throw endlag is not something I've ever heard somebody's opinion on. But no doubt there will be some difficulty in getting people on the same page.

And just thinking about reinterpreting it further into FAF is going to make me go crosseyed.

Edit: Forgot to link what I was talking about.
Your example seems pretty consistent start-up vs end lag. 39/49 = 0.79 and 14/18 = 0.77. Unless you're talking about how WTF is between Jiggs and Bowser in start-up but closer to Bowser for endlag. That looks inconsistent; just not the percent difference between Jiggs and Bowser with start-up and end lag. I don't have enough time at the moment to check other throws' inconsistencies in Lord William's frame data so excuse me if I'm wrong for other throws about the last sentence.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Furil has his own life and is in no way obligated to finish this project. He can announce discontinuance and even remove all of the GIFs currently up and we would and should still thank him.

Besides, look at @Meshima youtube channel that has in-game hitbox visualization. One can pause on Youtube and press "<" and ">" to go frame by frame (less than a frame in this case because he was in 1/4 training mode).

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Furil has his own life and is in no way obligated to finish this project. He can announce discontinuance and even remove all of the GIFs currently up and we would and should still thank him.

Besides, look at @Meshima youtube channel that has in-game hitbox visualization. One can pause on Youtube and press "<" and ">" to go frame by frame (less than a frame in this case because he was in 1/4 training mode).
Yeah I've seen it. I'm just a little annoyed that he would just be gone for over a month and not at least give us a reason as to why. He doesn't have to, but I still find it kinda rude imo. He could at least drop a vague post and be like "life sucks" or something lol, that's what I'd do anyways. That's not to say I'm not greatful though. He's done lots of work as it is.

Last edited:

Glitchy_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintend0pr0
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question but is there something simular like 20XX for SSB4?

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Furil Furil Will you or anyone else complete the hitbox gifs for the remaining fighters that are not done?

Horseketchup

Smash Cadet
I just want to point out that the Meshima hitbox videos don't have the proper hitbox durations for the move's they're visualizing. For instance in the Mega Man visualization, his fair is active for 18 frames as opposed to the proper 9 frames it should normally be. So due to how he puts it on 1/4th speed, it's roughly doubling the amount of active frames when you go frame by frame on youtube.

Kind of wish he just recorded at normal speed and then manually slowed it down, but in any case it's still very useful, especially for just being able to see the hitbox sizes and placement in general.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Furil Furil Do you currently have an eta of when you plan to finish the roster for hitboxes. Olimar in this case, but others to just for sake of competition. I know you said you need additional info for Olimar and others so I wasn't sure.

Bo0tleg

Smash Rookie
Hey. I'm Bo0tleg.
Should you ever return to this task, there is an entire Discord that would love to see Kirby's hitbox visualzations. It would greatly enhance our play.
I am grateful for the information you have provided. Whether you finish the project or not, you have my thanks for all your hard work.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I have a program that can see hitboxes. It displays hitboxes for Lucina correctly, but I know it doesn't for Marth, so I don't know how reliable it really is.

Top Bottom