• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Hitbox Visualization Compilation

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I'd want to see a visualization of Wario's Rose-Scented Waft custom hitbox just for a laugh, as I believe it's second only to WFT's Explosive Breathing hitbox as far as "largest hitbox on a non-Final Smash attack" goes.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Well, they are certainly that way on nair.
The other moves don't actually have the shooting hitbox in the attack's code, so I assume it uses a difference process.
Example: Up air
Code:
Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=1)
Set_Frame_Duration(Speed=1)
Hitbox(ID=0x0, Part=0x0, Bone=0x5, Damage=4, Angle=0x30, KBG=0x50, FKB=0x0, BKB=0x4B, Size=3.8, Z=4.5, Y=1, X=0, Effect=0x0, Trip=0, Hitlag=1, SDI=1, Clang=0x1, Unknown=0x1, ShieldDamage=0x0, SFXType=0x0, Ground/Air=0x2, Direct/Indirect=0x3, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x6)
Script_End()
That hitbox is like at her ankle and just spins around with her. No extended ones here like nair.
I not sure where to find the bullet art parts of the other attacks.

I'll probably have Luma separate from Rosalina.
Hm, must be an animation error on my part; the code is fairly straight forward:
They aren't attached to Luma's bones. This says it should apparently stretch from 5 to 13, which is pretty long.
Code:
Asynchronous_Timer(Frames=2)
Extended_Hitbox(Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=4, Unknown=0x6C, Unknown=0x3C, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x6E, Unknown=3, Unknown=0, Unknown=5, Unknown=3.5, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0, Unknown=0.5, Unknown=1, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x6, Unknown=0, Unknown=13, Unknown=3.5)
Extended_Hitbox(Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=4, Unknown=0x5C, Unknown=0x3C, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x6E, Unknown=3, Unknown=0, Unknown=5, Unknown=-3.5, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0, Unknown=0.5, Unknown=1, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x0, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x2, Unknown=0x3, Unknown=0x1, Unknown=0x6, Unknown=0, Unknown=13, Unknown=-3.5)
Synchronous_Timer(Frames=8)
Remove_All_Hitboxes()
Script_End()
Edit:
If I had to guess, I'd say it's supposed to look more like uptilt.
I'll check later with in-game hitbox display to see if Luma has something extra going on.
If they're not attached to Luma's bones, then is it possible they shouldn't be moving with Luma's animations?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
If they're not attached to Luma's bones, then is it possible they shouldn't be moving with Luma's animations?
No, the hitboxes are supposed to move like that, and they are accurate. It just isn't as disjointed in-game because Luma stretches a lot in her animations in-game whereas she doesn't in the gif.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
No, the hitboxes are supposed to move like that, and they are accurate. It just isn't as disjointed in-game because Luma stretches a lot in her animations in-game whereas she doesn't in the gif.

It looks like hitbox visualization is working ingame on the 3DS. That's...awesome.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Not before a Rosalina or Marth thread...

:p
Marth will be the same as Lucina. The only reason why I'd want Marth's is to get some of the stuff Lucina's thread is missing and to get the new GIFs (that pause/play and adjust speed)

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Marth will be the same as Lucina. The only reason why I'd want Marth's is to get some of the stuff Lucina's thread is missing and to get the new GIFs (that pause/play and adjust speed)
I know that Marth's hitboxes are the same, but still... I still want them :p

Edit: Besides, I want to see Marth/Lucina's grab range too. It would be interesting to see the grabs, and things like hurtboxes, as well as the start/pause stuff etc.

Last edited:

Furil

Smash Apprentice
I've had issues with grab ranges, especially pivot grabs, so I've only been including ones that don't seem too off, but I'm pretty sure none are completely accurate.

Characters that have stretchy animations have been mostly avoided so far too. I figured out how to read the stretchy scaly animation data, but I have no idea how to properly program it in the viewer :[
So that's why Mario and Luma haven't been done quite yet. I may just have Rosa separate from Luma at first.

I also need to figure out how projectile attacks will work (Villager slingshot, wicked weaves, lemons, etc). I pretty much have an idea on how to simulate it, but I've not felt like working on that yet, as it requires a little restructuring.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
I've had issues with grab ranges, especially pivot grabs, so I've only been including ones that don't seem too off, but I'm pretty sure none are completely accurate.

Characters that have stretchy animations have been mostly avoided so far too. I figured out how to read the stretchy scaly animation data, but I have no idea how to properly program it in the viewer :[
So that's why Mario and Luma haven't been done quite yet. I may just have Rosa separate from Luma at first.

I also need to figure out how projectile attacks will work (Villager slingshot, wicked weaves, lemons, etc). I pretty much have an idea on how to simulate it, but I've not felt like working on that yet, as it requires a little restructuring.
Speaking of weird character animation stuff, how are you gonna do G&W's spawning body parts? Literally every single one of his attacks adds bones to his frame for the animation, even though the hitboxes themselves aren't attached to them.

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
Is it possible for you to also show the hurtboxs of characters?

I also can't wait for R.O.B. and Mr. Game & Watch's hitboxes.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Knowing the hitbox position/size for Wario Down-B, both half charge and full charge, would be really helpful.

Otherwise, Wario N-Air (1-frame sweetspot is sadness), D-Air, and Neutral-B would also be a great help for the Wario boards.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
Can we get Ryu hitboxes? I wanna see just how stupid they are (mainly up, and back air) and whether I can hit shoryuken recovery with a drop zone back air as Lucas.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
The hitbox is on Ryu's fist. Why wouldn't you be able to hit him?

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
The hitbox is on Ryu's fist. Why wouldn't you be able to hit him?
Because his back air hitbox is also on his leg, yet he doesn't have to touch me with his leg to hit me. His up air hitbox is also on his arm, but also extends a lot further vertically than his animation would imply. I want to know how disjointed the Shoryuken is so I know how much leeway I have in spacing a frame 15 hitbox sandwiched between two other hitboxes while avoiding getting hit during start-up by an un-reactable hitbox that is able to easily hit from under stages before ledge-snapping.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Lucas backair is disjointed.

You know what? Lemme just skip the nonsense and just say I have been spiked plenty of times by Lucas out of Shoryuken.

Just space it right and you will be fine. If you get hit ever, then you messed up badly.

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
Lucas backair is disjointed.

You know what? Lemme just skip the nonsense and just say I have been spiked plenty of times by Lucas out of Shoryuken.

Just space it right and you will be fine. If you get hit ever, then you messed up badly.
I wouldn't say "messed up badly" considering the frame data on the two attacks. There's a certain spacing needed in order to avoid sourspotting the attack and giving Ryu the chance to tech. Even a trade is favorable for Lucas in this situation because there's no way a late Shoryuken, true or not, is capable of killing until some very high percentages.

The reason I want to see how big Ryu's hitbox is due to the start-up on Lucas's back air. Ryu takes about 15 or so frames to reach the apex of his Shoryuken, and Lucas's back air doesn't become active until frame 15. Due to the inability to react to Ryu's Shoryuken due to how fast it is, you have to predict when the Ryu player will use the attack and initiate the back air before Ryu is able to execute his recovery. Given that the first hitbox on back air happens diagonally above Lucas as he swings his leg down you have one or two frames where Ryu is actually able to rise above you during his Shoryuken while still being able to hit him with the back air. This is why I want to know the size of his Shoryuken hitbox, so I can space around it while giving myself the maximum possible chance of catching his recovery (since Ryu can start it at any point before he's too low to recover). It's incredibly crucial to be able to execute this edge guard consistently since letting Ryu live to high percents only means you'll be dying a lot sooner to Shoryuken in a match-up where you're forced to play without your strongest tool (a very short tether grab) and, by extension, your strongest kill confirms because of how safe Ryu can be on-shield. You miss one grab above 60% vs. Ryu and that's a guaranteed stock lost.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, btw. Sorry if I came across that way.

Last edited:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
You def dont need to know the hitbox for this to work though it would help.

Just practice it. Unless you don't really have a sparring partner that uses Ryu so you really need to know just in case you fight one in tourney.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
You def dont need to know the hitbox for this to work though it would help.

Just practice it. Unless you don't really have a sparring partner that uses Ryu so you really need to know just in case you fight one in tourney.
I don't know about the other guy, but I don't have a sparring partner at all, full stop. I believe you live in a highly competitive Smash region but not everyone is as fortunate as you to be all but tripping over people who are willing to help you out.

I must admit that I'm also curious about how much disjoint Ryu has on Shoryuken.

Last edited:

himtoo

Smash Rookie
NNID
himtoo
Furil I'm sure you've been asked this before so I apologize in advance if you've answered this question More than once. So here goes,
Any idea when you might put up Link's hitbox visualizations?
If not, will you please?!
Us low tiers are often neglected haha jk
But seriously though please do! And if there's anything I can do let me know!
Thanks again!!

Mista Thug

Smash Rookie
NNID
lovebutton
Would it be possible for you to release Ryu's dair visual? Seeing as he's on the back burner aand won't be done for some time. It seems vey tricky.

and if you could do other single moves after this I'd really like to see Wario's full waft and Donkey Kong's Utilt, thanks!

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I think Ryu should be next on the list anyway. Everyone is dying to see his crazy hitboxes and he's pretty straight forward (no limb stretching as far as I can tell)

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
I think Ryu should be next on the list anyway. Everyone is dying to see his crazy hitboxes and he's pretty straight forward (no limb stretching as far as I can tell)
I second this. I think it's pretty much agreed at this point that after the Bayo nerfs it's Ryu, Cloud, or Rosa for best character in the game, so it's important to know how to space around his attacks, especially his pretty ridiculous aerials.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Is there a chance for Ganondorf and Roy hitboxes?

Or at least ganondorf uptilt windboxes, I want to understand better that windbox.

Sudsygames

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1478-5939-0902
I would love to see Ness' hitboxes
especially FAIR because of how monsterous it is and puny little DAIR

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
I'm waiting on ROB hitboxes so I can see how how much of a meme ROB Dair is.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Ryu hitboxes out, for those that care.

Last edited:

Gavi1195

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gavi1195
3DS FC
3024-8441-4898
So...when is Little Mac's hitboxes coming out? I have been waiting for them for quite a while ;-; (Also, can you please include all 3 of his grabs hitboxes? To this very day, I still don't know how bad his grab hitboxes are when I do any of them) So when possible, can you please do them when you have the time Furil? ;-;

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Could you possibly post a reply whenever you add a new character so that anyone watching this thread will be notified?

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
If there is some complications with doing Lucario, would it be possible to have just the 4 grabs done? (Dash,Stand,Pivot, and Side B command).

His standing grab is considered one of the top ones, so it would be a good one to compare others to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom